Reviews for Here We Belong
Fireminer chapter 15 . 6/10/2013
A great story, mixing Tom Clancy with political elements. With a large cast of OCs, you did a great job depicting each of them with depth. Too bad this never receive much attention as it should had. Maybe you should cut short a chapter? Hope you can update soon!
Solitary Confinement chapter 14 . 1/1/2013
I'm pretty certain that you've been reading too much Tom Clancy, and I'm almost positive that you've played too much Halo 4. Not that this is a bad thing.

Vile's soliloquy has got to rank amongst the most inspired, vicious, and honest speeches of any that have been written of Megaman fanfic. Maybe even fiction in general, but who knows?

Eberus, Nike, and Arseny. What sort of magic do you have to make these three people seem real, that a death strikes to the *heart* of your reader and makes him sit and be still to reflect on this loss? It isn't often I cringe at a noble sacrifice, but this time I felt *pain* at reading the farewell of our hero.

You'd better write faster than you've been this past year. This story is too involved to simply let lie. It brings us to the edge with every chapter, and as the pied piper kept piping until he led his audience into the sunset, so I expect you to keep going until we all reach the end of this tempest, this hurricane of emotions that binds us all.

The world intervenes. I understand that all too well.

Yet this is a story that calls for closure! Dig deep into your self and see it through, you have an audience that will go the distance alongside you! I will wait for it to come, as we all do. Good luck and godspeed. Don't ignore the itch when it comes. See you next time around!
Landofdragons chapter 13 . 9/5/2012
I just finished reading all of this story that you've put up so far. All I have to say is this: "Damn you've got some skills." and I mean that. You put so much into the chapters and the amount of detail is incredible and I love the amazing way the story is progressing. Also your action scenes are spectacular. Please keep writing this. I wanna see how this ends... though I'm going to be saddened when it's over. The only thing I've noticed is that with chapters this big a few typo's get through, but the ones that get through are few and far between, and nothing major.
MungoJerry chapter 13 . 2/13/2012
Wow, that made my heart sick. It makes me want to crush her head myself.
Solitary Confinement chapter 12 . 10/22/2011
Good God.

I sit in awe of the events that you're revealing to us in this story. You've neatly tied in military warfare and political tension into the Megaman universe that was hinted at in MMX4 but never touched on afterwards. This whole story illustrates that for all the devastation wrought by the Maverick Uprisings, warfare between nations is still the deadlier threat. And now the Hunters will be thrown into it headfirst.

Shudder indeed.
MungoJerry chapter 12 . 9/16/2011
You're doing a great job of making me despise Nike and her group. Those kinetic weapons sound awful! I wonder if such a thing is possible?

Erebus rocks my face. Great to see an update!
Erico chapter 12 . 9/15/2011
Good lord, and the clock ticks closer to midnight.

Who needs nukes anymore? NOT THESE GUYS! Alex, you have surpassed me in believable, explainable weapons tech, and I applaud your work. Someone else seems to have read Tom Clancy and Dan Brown even more than I did. Stylistically, this is like a military thriller novel. We see things spiraling out of control, and you bounce from one to the other, to the men in command and the soldiers on the line.

And in the middle of this grand ballet are the Maverick Hunters, who will be faced with the trial of keeping the world intact when it's Hellbent on once again tearing itself apart.

-Erico
MungoJerry chapter 11 . 6/11/2011
I really appreciate your awesome, varied female characters. They're someone you could look up to, not just... stupid. Hypatia geeking out made me laugh, too.

Incoming gush factory- maybe save for a day when you're down on yourself. ;)

I'm probably repeating myself, but you've really breathed life into this world. It's something I could read about for a long time. Vivid prose makes me feel like I'm watching a movie. I love the treatment of the cast, too- it takes a lot of work to support such a spread of characters. (And yet among all these totally awesome dudes and ladies, X and Zero are STILL the most superlative, w/o being unbelievable or annoying. Like watching living legends.) I do wish we had some visual descriptions for some of them, though, even if they've been referenced in other work in the "continuity."

One day, when I've got some time, confidence, and dedication, I wanna do some storyboards from this.
VeloZer0 chapter 10 . 3/5/2011
Wow. A superb combat chapter giving all the characters the treatment they deserve. It's nice to see when authors give specific note to the fact Zero is not only a superb fighter, he is fundamentally different than a reploid.
MungoJerry chapter 9 . 11/18/2010
AUGH! I both love and HATE this chapter. Love, because it's an update and I enjoy your work, hate because it's a bridge and I have to wait again to see the meat of the action! XD Haha!
Revokov chapter 9 . 11/16/2010
You remind me of my old muse, Tom Clancy, if Clancy were a hell of a lot better than he is.

"As he sank to his knees, laughter echoing throughout the whole facility, he wondered if Beethoven, when composing his Great Fugue, felt as Vile did, unable to understand the world through traditional means, yet screaming, demanding for the world to listen."

Simply excellent. I enjoyed the part with Arseny a lot, too. You have a way of sinking into moments and making them resonate. It's a crime that you don't have a bigger audience.
Erico chapter 8 . 9/26/2010
As I've come to expect, your awareness of geopolitical push and shove brings a defining sense of reality into play. You're writing for a higher class of reader, and I applaud you for it.

My goodness. At some point, somebody is going to have to come up with a website for the Legacy of Metal, where we can properly catalogue and organize all the different aspects of Timeline, events, power players, nations, and organizations.

Not to mention an equipment and weapons guide.

Kudos, Alex. Keep writing.

We're still reading.

-Erico
Revokov chapter 7 . 7/31/2010
Hey, WOW. This is an excellent story. I absolutely love the complexity of the plot, how everything comes together even while opening up in new directions, and the battle scenes are sizzlin'.

Again, your characters excel. Your characterization of Vile is thrilling, like a robot Joker pushing X to his limits. Nike is fascinating; I'm intrigued by the "e-world" she lives in, the world of light, as you put it. She's a great villain, who inspires as much empathy as anger.

Your OCs are so strong that you could throw out the canon cast and your story would still be a great read. Hilde, Ricky and the rest of the MSWAT gang just slay me. If you don't already write original fiction, I hope you do so one day soon.

Looking forward to more!
Revokov chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Hey, wow, man. I just read through "Serve and Protect" and I was really impressed. I love the geopolitical plotline that you explored, and I don't think there's enough of that in Megaman fanfic. Action scenes were great, too-sucked me in with glamor while at the same time deepening the story.

Most importantly, you write good characters. Ricardo and Hilde feel -very- real to me, and the evolution of their relationship was a treat to experience. I'd be happy to read a "full-length" narrative about them.

I feel like you deserve special credit for your dialogue. It was always lively, and funny without resorting to cliches or cheap shots. I've found humor to be the toughest thing for a writer to pull off, and I respect it whenever I'm lucky enough to read it.

I know I'm not technically reviewing this story, but I'm excited to start reading it. You, Erico and Maelgrim are giving me great reasons to start frequenting this site again.
MungoJerry chapter 7 . 7/18/2010
Fantastic. It's always pleasure to read your work, and I sincerely hope that one day you publish. :)