Reviews for Here We Belong
Landofdragons chapter 17 . 7/24
Well damn. You come back with a new chapter, then in what feels like record time, you put out ANOTHER one? *sighs* Oh I am giddy. If this is the pace I can expect, I'm oh so happy, though if this keeps up, it unfortunately means this story will end and... well... after all this time... I'm... I'm not sure I WANT it to end... Still, thank you Roy, for this story, for this ride, for this glorious bit of writing.
Landofdragons chapter 16 . 6/8
Well shit... I was convinced you were dead. I started reading your story between chapter four and five, and have been waiting through the agonizingly, excruciatingly, balefully painful wait that you inflicted upon us with your long as production times... But fuck me sideways with one of Bad Dragon's randoms without the lube, if it isn't worth the wait... which makes the wait even more terrifying, like the wait before the next flash of pain you know is coming... Because it is. But if you aren't the fucking best megaman writer I've seen, getting such depth of character, such nuance of interaction, such tangled webs of politics and interpersonal interactions, with such atrociously graphic and glorious combat that it makes me salivate in anticipation and the hunger pains that come form the wait are painful... Still, thank you for this newest chapter, and I hope the next one is already prepared so that the next chapter can be feasted upon quickly as this one merely whet my appetite and after this last wait, I am understandably ravenous.
Solitary Confinement chapter 16 . 5/16
No overly sappy reply this time, just short and sober.

I'm glad you decided to return to your story. Reading it again was a treat, same as the first time. All these personalities and events going into the forge once more; it'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

Good luck indeed.
Erico chapter 16 . 4/17
Well, I'll be dipped...HE LIVES!

Nice little segue into the next explosive moment you have here. Good work. While Starfox has been commandeering much of my time lately, if you're back and 'active' again, I wouldn't mind a fresh set of old eyes on our old joint project. You've got my E-Mail, Roy. Give me a buzz.

-Erico
cyrilthewolf chapter 16 . 4/17
I am so glad you updated this. I don't have an in depth review but I can't wait for the next chapter
Fireminer chapter 15 . 6/10/2013
A great story, mixing Tom Clancy with political elements. With a large cast of OCs, you did a great job depicting each of them with depth. Too bad this never receive much attention as it should had. Maybe you should cut short a chapter? Hope you can update soon!
Solitary Confinement chapter 14 . 1/1/2013
I'm pretty certain that you've been reading too much Tom Clancy, and I'm almost positive that you've played too much Halo 4. Not that this is a bad thing.

Vile's soliloquy has got to rank amongst the most inspired, vicious, and honest speeches of any that have been written of Megaman fanfic. Maybe even fiction in general, but who knows?

Eberus, Nike, and Arseny. What sort of magic do you have to make these three people seem real, that a death strikes to the *heart* of your reader and makes him sit and be still to reflect on this loss? It isn't often I cringe at a noble sacrifice, but this time I felt *pain* at reading the farewell of our hero.

You'd better write faster than you've been this past year. This story is too involved to simply let lie. It brings us to the edge with every chapter, and as the pied piper kept piping until he led his audience into the sunset, so I expect you to keep going until we all reach the end of this tempest, this hurricane of emotions that binds us all.

The world intervenes. I understand that all too well.

Yet this is a story that calls for closure! Dig deep into your self and see it through, you have an audience that will go the distance alongside you! I will wait for it to come, as we all do. Good luck and godspeed. Don't ignore the itch when it comes. See you next time around!
Landofdragons chapter 13 . 9/5/2012
I just finished reading all of this story that you've put up so far. All I have to say is this: "Damn you've got some skills." and I mean that. You put so much into the chapters and the amount of detail is incredible and I love the amazing way the story is progressing. Also your action scenes are spectacular. Please keep writing this. I wanna see how this ends... though I'm going to be saddened when it's over. The only thing I've noticed is that with chapters this big a few typo's get through, but the ones that get through are few and far between, and nothing major.
MungoJerry chapter 13 . 2/13/2012
Wow, that made my heart sick. It makes me want to crush her head myself.
Solitary Confinement chapter 12 . 10/22/2011
Good God.

I sit in awe of the events that you're revealing to us in this story. You've neatly tied in military warfare and political tension into the Megaman universe that was hinted at in MMX4 but never touched on afterwards. This whole story illustrates that for all the devastation wrought by the Maverick Uprisings, warfare between nations is still the deadlier threat. And now the Hunters will be thrown into it headfirst.

Shudder indeed.
MungoJerry chapter 12 . 9/16/2011
You're doing a great job of making me despise Nike and her group. Those kinetic weapons sound awful! I wonder if such a thing is possible?

Erebus rocks my face. Great to see an update!
Erico chapter 12 . 9/15/2011
Good lord, and the clock ticks closer to midnight.

Who needs nukes anymore? NOT THESE GUYS! Alex, you have surpassed me in believable, explainable weapons tech, and I applaud your work. Someone else seems to have read Tom Clancy and Dan Brown even more than I did. Stylistically, this is like a military thriller novel. We see things spiraling out of control, and you bounce from one to the other, to the men in command and the soldiers on the line.

And in the middle of this grand ballet are the Maverick Hunters, who will be faced with the trial of keeping the world intact when it's Hellbent on once again tearing itself apart.

-Erico
MungoJerry chapter 11 . 6/11/2011
I really appreciate your awesome, varied female characters. They're someone you could look up to, not just... stupid. Hypatia geeking out made me laugh, too.

Incoming gush factory- maybe save for a day when you're down on yourself. ;)

I'm probably repeating myself, but you've really breathed life into this world. It's something I could read about for a long time. Vivid prose makes me feel like I'm watching a movie. I love the treatment of the cast, too- it takes a lot of work to support such a spread of characters. (And yet among all these totally awesome dudes and ladies, X and Zero are STILL the most superlative, w/o being unbelievable or annoying. Like watching living legends.) I do wish we had some visual descriptions for some of them, though, even if they've been referenced in other work in the "continuity."

One day, when I've got some time, confidence, and dedication, I wanna do some storyboards from this.
VeloZer0 chapter 10 . 3/5/2011
Wow. A superb combat chapter giving all the characters the treatment they deserve. It's nice to see when authors give specific note to the fact Zero is not only a superb fighter, he is fundamentally different than a reploid.
MungoJerry chapter 9 . 11/18/2010
AUGH! I both love and HATE this chapter. Love, because it's an update and I enjoy your work, hate because it's a bridge and I have to wait again to see the meat of the action! XD Haha!