Reviews for Red Light
Psychee chapter 8 . 5/8/2010
What can I say about this story but "Wow!"
Holly Lukeman chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
I'm still reading, I'm just swamped with annoying things like life and friends. ;)

Wow, this is darker than what I've read from you before. It fits the story, but I'll be honest and say that I kind of skim the parts that are rougher. I don't always have the fortitude for it.

"It was plain as day and clear as night that Sam was walking on a line that both of them had fought to stay away from. He’d already teetered and tottered and brought the world crashing down around them and now it was Sam – it always had to be Sam – that was to finish the job. His body was the only one that could house the Devil." Sorry to quote something so long, but this totally sums up what I thought when I found out about the vessel thing. Your paragraph reminded me of how sad I was for Sam, and my concern that Dean wouldn't be helpful.

“You forced me to watch that movie, Dean.” Ah, Rosemary's Baby. The image of Dean forcing little Sam to watch that movie is so cute - that actually happened to me when I was little, so I can relate.

"Dean wasn’t following him because he believed him or because he agreed with him. Dean was following him because Sam was walking in the other direction." I love these lines. Sam thinks Dean is watching his every move (which he might be), but Dean also doesn't want anything to happen to him. It has the same intrigue for me as a juxtaposition.

"And he was bait." Oh no! Now you've got me nervous! Bad, bad things happen to Winchesters when they walk into traps.

I know I theoretically can continue reading (which I really want to do because of that cliff hanger), but the work piled next to me says otherwise.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I like that you include lyrics and music in your stories. It provides atmosphere.

Awesome chapter!

Holly
gidgetgal9 chapter 8 . 1/24/2010
Always leave them guessing and wanting more- and you accomplished that here. It was such a great end chapter to such a great story. I love how you write the boys and Cas- can't wait to read your next story! :0) Gidget
gaelicspirit chapter 8 . 1/22/2010
Based on what you told me about the last chapter, I really didn't know what to expect about the end. I don't know if I just got used to the story, or if as they worked toward a resolution there was more room to breathe, but I felt easier about this chapter above all the others.

“Because you know that’s where the monsters are.”

That's probably the most telling line in this whole story. Because I think you sometimes see yourself as Sam - you've as much said so in some of your replies to my Rambles. And you are one of the most enigmatic yet profoundly generous people I've ever met. Your writing style reflects that. This story reflects that.

I love the story you told of our picture. :) Because you telling JA you didn't want him left him for me. For me to stand next to and breathe in for the space of time it took for two pictures. Which, y'know, was like 10 seconds, but they were wonderful seconds. That I won't forget.

So, yeah, it was dark. And there were some racey, shocking, envelop-pushing moments. And there were questions left unanswered. But Dean didn't leave his brother. And Sam found his way away from the light (oddly enough) and that's what I need to find balance when reading a story like this. Just a little bit of hope.

Thank you for working through what you did to bring this to light. I hope people read it for a long time to come and that it makes them think.
gaelicspirit chapter 7 . 1/22/2010
Uh... *read with a groan of well-wrought pain*

I am still sitting pretty with my "Amy had a crafty way with words" assessment but man, girl, you are twisting knives in me with this. It's not just Sam being hurt - 'cause I'm all for hurting the ones we love...Lord knows I do it almost too often - it's where his head is. It's what's haunting him.

I can see you working through your own personal pain as you craft this story. It's beautiful in its utter tragedy. It hurts. I don't know if I want to see what happens next... and yet I can't look away because you have a great way with hooking your readers.

Oh, and I loved the method at the beginning with the definitions. This was my favorite:

Edge: a brink or a verge. Or, the lead guitarist for U2. Ranked #24 on Rolling Stones 100 Greatest Guitarist of All Time.

I think I love you for that one.
gaelicspirit chapter 4 . 1/22/2010
I wanted you to know I was reading - and had planned on finishing before reviewing. I'm no match for your review style (which I love and hope for each day) so I decided to not even try since all it would do is shame me and disappoint you.

However, I had to pause at this since your A/N was so full of warning.

You are a fantastic writer. You really are. You once told me that you were jealous at times when you read my stuff, but I have no idea why. You push envelopes with your topics and your treatment of it. Your dialog is crisp and unforgiving and you don't segue into emotion.

We have much different styles, you and I. Yours is a wonder to me as half the time I think "I wish I could do this" and the other half of the time I think "thank God someone does."

Don't take this the wrong way, but at the moment, I'm enjoying your writing more than I am the story. But... I'm only half-way through. :) Off I go for more.

PS

I've always enjoyed the Jeff Buckley version the most. ;)
gottalovealoser chapter 6 . 1/19/2010
Omg! Really good this story has made laugh,scream,cringe,and now cry! My journey is almost done! LOVE IT!
gottalovealoser chapter 4 . 1/19/2010
Hey so I have made this far lol I really liked it once I got over the whole gun thing. Any way great writing deserves a great review! I really love this story the writing is so descriptive and well thought I can't wait to keep reading and see what happens! Now completely off radar I saw a movie yesterday called "10 inch hero" jensen is in it and it is so funny loved it and am spreading the word :)
Madebyme chapter 8 . 1/19/2010
Oh I'm all mixed emotions right now, on a high from your fic but also a bit of a low because now it's over and there's no more left to read :-(

Sam's hallucination sequences really packed a punch, powerful fire imagery alongside the presence of painful home truths - the girl is dead because of him. But you took it a step further by intertwining this with Sam's guilt and having it manifesting into a demon, taking on the flaming form of the nurse whose death he was responsible for. Awesome idea and something that I haven't seen done before! Plus you weren’t afraid to point out Sam's blame and you balanced it with his guilt and regret. That's a difficult thing to do, without villainising him or making him an innocent bystander. Plus we had Dean remind us all that “..she never had a chance.”

You have such a wonderful way of balancing the boys - it's not clear where your own personal views are, you present the boys equally, acknowledging blame where blame lies. They were both painfully in character, the introspection full of guilt and turmoil, right down to the little spark of banter and laughter at the very end.

There were lots of little touches that I really appreciated: Dean holding back his emotions while talking to Bobby, catching Sam as he falls and how they touched base with Kim before they leave and Dean’s quiet “It was to me.” Cas was awesome too, you managed to give him a supportive and caring presence without feeling like he was elbowing Sam out of the way.

Personally, I really dug the open ended feel of the story, how not all the questions have been answered and tied with a neat bow. The glimpse of the ball of light was a ominous way to end the tale but very fitting given all that’s happened and what lies ahead.

This has certainly been one hell of a ride and your writing and style really shone through - you have such a beautiful way with words. I hope that we’ll see more you in the near future, because I‘m going to miss this fic. Take care, Abbi

PS - You're A/N was very funny and I guess when push comes to shove the truth will come out!
Zatnikatel chapter 8 . 1/18/2010
Blair, firstly am hugely relieved that I will never have to trample over you or knife you in the back in order to get to The Ackles ahead of you. Secondly, it takes real skill to write such a balanced portrayal of boys when one does lean towards one of them… I do my best with my Sam, even though I am a Wendeano. As a newly outed Samazon, you do great Dean! :-D

Love the Dean-Sam-Castiel in this: the fact that Dean is able to show his vulnerability to Castiel and feels able to leave his brother in Castiel’s care, the fact Castiel is more than happy to step in. I love this line so much: ‘Vulnerable to friendship when the circle of trust in his family rarely let anyone in. Only out’ that I am going to tell everyone I graciously donated it to you.

Sam’s hallucinations are incredible… like he is experiencing his sheer guilt and regret as some sort of corporeal entity, and the way it does actually come to life is just extraordinary. It just makes this whole story for me that it is by reuniting that the brothers face this down – together. I’m intrigued by the fact that it appears when Castiel leaves and when Dean appears, when Sam might have conceivably been more vulnerable by himself. Is it some sort of test… is Sam conjuring this up in some way to see if Dean will reach out to him and be there for him when he needs him even after all that has happened? I just see such a wonderful symmetry to Sam walking way from Dean with Ruby… but here, they stay with each other. God, over-analyze much?

The end para of that whole confrontation killed me ded.

Love that they went to see Kim! And I love the magic 8-ball and its confirmation that the future is unwritten: they can make it themselves.

Fantastic! This for me was Supernatural: The Movie! It really made me think… you always do!

;-)
Kumaproogey chapter 8 . 1/18/2010
Wonderful ending to a wonderful story. Incredible job.
kelhome chapter 8 . 1/18/2010
This was really great. All the details, the trippy journey in Sam's head, Dean's weariness, were really well done. Sam's struggle to make peace with what he's done, Dean's struggle to help him do so, were painful yet ultimately hopeful to follow. Just really excellent writing. Thanks, so much.

K
girlyghoul chapter 8 . 1/18/2010
Excellent ending- vague and all. It makes sense that real or not that little white light is not going to be leaving Sam's side anytime soon. Too many demons and regrets he's holding onto. Loved the dream/delirium sequences and Dean's holding on to his emotions while talking to Bobby. You really have the brothers' voices and inner turmoil down pat and it all intertwines within this story. It could be an episode nestled right in the middle of Season 5... an episode that would be rated Mature and shown only after hours, but it would work ;-)

Really wonderful story! Loved it in all its gut wrenching glory. And it all comes down to the mysteries of life answered by an odd 70's catch phrase Magic Eight Ball! "Oh Archie" indeed!

Thanks for sharing this story with the world...

And p.s. You broke Jensen Ackles's heart? You are a woman of great fortitude! Not many folks could say "No" to that much pretty! lol! Go on with your SamGirl self!

Take care, hope things are looking up for you!
101001010101010101010101101001 chapter 8 . 1/17/2010
I enjoyed reading this story. Your abilites to write are above par compared to most of the stuff that gets posted here and it is refreshing to be able to read something well written. hope you have something else coming out soon.

PS: I totally should have been doing my math homework but I could NOT stop laughing at your AN. Nice going, I'm going to fail math class because of you. (jk ;) )

qazuni
Musica Diabolos chapter 8 . 1/17/2010
Wonderful ending to a very hard-hitting story. Just in time, too! Congratulations :) Also love your anecdote at the beginning...I'm a SamGirl too! I outted myself long ago.
111 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »