Reviews for Red Light
zuimar chapter 7 . 1/10/2010
I'm really sorry to hear about your health problems, I really hope the treatment you're getting will work. I can imagine that you had to have a release, better this way than the other options you mentioned.

I'm still enjoying this fic immensely, I'm sorry to see that the next chapter will be the last.
TraSan chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
Oh, I'm sorry I got so far behind. This story has been an emotional whirlwind of angst, and pain, and love, and comfort, and back again.

The real story here is the one of brothers.

*sigh*

Just like I like my Winchesters. :)

I hope you are doing better health-wise. My thoughts are with you, girl.
gidgetgal9 chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
Loved the definitions that Sam gave in his delusional state. The maid part was so touching. Nearing the end and I look forward to it. I'm sorry to hear about your health... that does suck. I'm hoping that venting through fan fiction has helped. I know it is a stress breaker for me. And as far as it being dark? The darkness of it seems very fitting with this season... I just like watching the boys moving towards the light. :0)
gidgetgal9 chapter 6 . 1/9/2010
Wow, what a tangled web of evil and good... and I loved how the nun tied Sam to the whole thing. Yay, they have Sammy! :0)
gidgetgal9 chapter 5 . 1/9/2010
Love Dean and Cas to the rescue! Poor Sammy, hold on dude, help is coming! Awesome chapter! :0)
gidgetgal9 chapter 4 . 1/9/2010
Definitely a dark story girl, but it is so well laid out... thought out. It makes you want the good guys to win all the more when innocents is lost. Oh and I love that Cas was singing Hallelujah which is one of my favorite songs... I prefer Bon Jovi's version and I heard so does Leonard Cohen too. You can catch it on youtube if your interested. Jon heard Jeff Buckely perform it years ago and fell for the song as well. Off to read more! :0)
Zatnikatel chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
Ahoy hoy!

Total love for Sam’s disjointed confusion thru firs section of this and learning that he is in fact saying all of that to Dean and not just thinking it is a great punchline! Love how he dismisses Castiel as dude-in-trenchcoat [even tho I love Castiel!] because it seems like subtext! :)

I’m totally looking forward to seeing Castiel drive the Impala.

I digress but that Rolling Stones list is a travesty. Eddie Van Halen at #70, WTF? Keith Richards at #10, WTF? Johnny Ramone? Kurt Cobain? [Much as I loved him]. And WTF is Lindsey Buckingham?

’K, back to normal programming.

Reading on, I notice how first Castiel was the angel dude, then just the dude, then the guy, and then the driver… love this as a sign of Sam *drifting away*, everything getting more distant.

“Sam blinked and felt everything slide down like ice melting on a too-warm window.” Love that metaphor!

“And Dean wondered when he had lost his hope in Sam, too.” The section leading up to this is so damned sad. I shouldn’t have had that second glass of red.

This astral realm sounds interesting. Hm. Could the demon of which you speak be Meg?

“In the Winchester household, if there was such a thing, beer was considered non-alcoholic. "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, man ."” LOL!

OMG! I used “more cowbell” in The Killing Moon! :-D SNL… those were the days.

Gah, Sam’s hallucinations are terrifying: so vivid, and that fear that his brother will reject him is right smack bang in there. Oh, Sam.

Love the whole end sequence with mystery woman Kim, who seems like such a symbol of hope in this story. And what she says is so lovely. I wonder if she’s real?

xK
gidgetgal9 chapter 3 . 1/9/2010
Oh wow, what a fine pickle the boys are in... two of the human's taking a liking to them and then their not human and oh my! Great chapter my dear! :0)
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
Hi, Amy. Just caught up with this story. Wow, what a wild ride that it has been. Nice work.
gidgetgal9 chapter 2 . 1/9/2010
Wow, so the mystery spins it's web for us the reader and the boys. What the heck is after Sam? Oh my, what a cliffie! Once again I'm glad I can keep reading! :0) Gidget
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
You have floored me my dear! Gosh, I'm so curious as to what happened to poor Gracie and Mickey! That as so creepy and scary.

Then you went and captured the boys from this season so well. I can't wait to read more, which is the good thing about having a few to read in a row! :0) Gidge
Musica Diabolos chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
Wow, scary and amazing. I loved Kim, she was great!
gottalovealoser chapter 2 . 1/8/2010
Hey this story is really good! I was in the middle of chapter two as they are going in to the missing boys house and had to this would not bug me but I had to point this out. Neither boy has a glock it is a very ugly gun and I'm sure you know sam carrys Taurus PT-92 9mm pistol very similar to the Beretta M92 the Beretta is more well known so is the one that is talked about more. Dean has the sexiest gun created the colt 1911 (seriously yum) but I can tell you are really going for detail on them and its great otherwise the gun thing just bothered me cause it is so easy to look up and find out if you can't look at them and see what they are I'm a gun nut so yeah I got it lol other wise great job but please take the glocks out they are ugly and way under dean and sams standards for firearms :) thanks and keep up the great work!
Madebyme chapter 6 . 1/7/2010
Hot damn - that was one hell of a ride! The strained tension, the sense of urgency and all the action and fight sequences all melded together into a fast paced and thrilling read!

What I love about this chapter was how you've woven together strands from others chapters: Sam trying to save the nun that Gracie 'attacked' as she drowned ‘like an Orca’ and the return of Mary and the boy as they get revenge - it’s so satisfying to see all the elements to the story slide together.

The baptism and the well of demons had such strong imagery and a great idea for the fic - it really fits in well with what I've seen of season 5. And I liked how you melded together Sam's experience of 9/11 and the nun's drowning with his struggle to hold on in real time as the demons try to pull him under, while all the time he's reaching out for his brother. Powerful stuff.

"A leap of faith, Cas had said. Was the answer really as simple as they just had to believe in the other?" - perfect and yet so simple. You've just about managed to compact the whole of the series in that one sentence.

And through it all, Sam can still see that ominous light! Very eerie and I like how it feels that things aren't quite over yet.

Looking forward to more, this chapter was a gripping read! Until next time...take care, Abbi
Zatnikatel chapter 6 . 1/7/2010
Seven dollars for a coffee? Jeez, you can tell how long it is since I was in one of those places...! That's - *apocalypse* prices! :-D

Love how you work in the reality to this... vision? flashback? I'm reviewing as I read, as usual. It reminds me of a great fic I read where it turned out Dean was afraid of flying because he was in Shanksville and right there when Flight 93 went down... It's so sad that Sam kinda longs for them to call to let them know he's OK but doesn't feel able to call them... The woman, hm... is she a metaphor for Sam being dragged back to reality/the now? Or into another reality/flashback?

'“Kind of like the Catholics with the Pope. Or screaming girls with that movie star vampire.”' LOL! I love his deadpan humor... you nailed it!

Yay, I was right, sort of... Lordy, these 'dimensions' Sam is being sucked into are really creepy. Is he seeing the way the demon souls died, maybe?

Great smackdown and I was pleased to see the cat get it. Sorry, I had to say that. I love that Mary avenged herself and her boy!

I love this:

'Like he knew that Sam needed to grow up. And that together they had started the apocalypse. That he was older and Sam was younger and he wasn’t responsible for him anymore. And yet they were both responsible for each other. For the mess that they made. For keeping each other human. Keeping each other alive.

A leap of faith, Cas had said. Was the answer really as simple as they just had to believe in the other? Mindful, thoughtful, heartful, soulful? It was too easy. And way too hard.'

Just beautiful!

Fantastic chapter: it really raced by - which it should as this is all supposed to be going down really quickly. But it's a real gift to inject a feeling of momentum into words on a page...

I have a feeling there isn't much left... :-(
111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »