Reviews for Whatever Comes Next
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 3/18
Are they married? You mentioned each of the other couples relationship status, but not theirs. Clearly they are still very much together and only had the one big bump in the road. No mention of they were married though. I felt sad for Alice. All that time wasted pining for someone that never once reciprocated her feelings. He had been pretty clear on that as well. At least she is living in France, hopefully happily. I like that James and Victoria are still together. Ben and Angela too. Certainly had a few beat those high school relationships lasting odd. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 3/18
And, just like that they’ve graduated. It was nice of Jessica to apologize to Bella. Really late in the game but, at least she got it out and Bella accepted it. Not surprised in the least that she ended up pregnant. Mike cheated on her already and they were only in high school. Add to that, they are pregnant this early, he'll definitely do it again. Most likely with Lauren.
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 3/18
Thy are going to get sticker shock are house pricing. Stanford is very close to Silicon Velley and the closer you get to it, the more expensive the rents are. We’re talking between $4k to $5k per month for a two bedroom. The only places that are less expensive are hours and hours away. It is not uncommon for people to commute two hours each direction to get to their jobs. We have hundreds of millionaires here and over a hundred billionaires. The richest companies in the world are here, between dot coms and biotechnology.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 3/18
Wow, I thought they got past the secret keeping? Yet, he had yet another one . . . a very, very large one . . . and he still keeps it secret. Maybe they should break up. High school couples never really make it through college anyway. I know one couple that were together in high school, that are still together and very happy today. They are not the norm though, not even close. Especially if he’s hitting up med school. I was born, raised and still live here in the Bay Area. It is not cheap to live here at all. He would have to hope for a full scholarship. Expense wise, she would never be able to live here on her own, and she can’t live in his dorm with him.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 3/18
I liked that Bella realized she overreacted and was remorseful for it. One of life’s lessons you learn early on. It was very nice of Renee to allow Bella and Edward to share her bed while they stay there. I like that they got some time together to have sex. It was very typical of first times. Over before it starts. She’s right though, first of many times.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 3/18
Personally, I think Bella overreacted. They clearly never bothered to have that discussion, as she just now told him he wasn’t her first kiss either. So, if they don’t talk to each other about this stuff, how can she hold him responsible for not telling her? Angela was right in telling Bella to talk with Edward. Victoria's way may be right her and James but, it isn’t for Bella and Edward.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 3/18
Not surprised that the pettiness of Jessican and Lauren was in full force. What makes no sense is, they are two girls in a sea of three hundred and fifty total. What makes them could very easily break them. They are nothing and it’s too bad that the school's population hasn’t relinquished their crowns from them. That was a very lovely gift from Renee and Ohil, for Bella. And, to includ Edward. I like it. Edward was sweet with his anchor comment for the necklace.
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 3/18
Thank goodness for thin walls, so that Renee heard Bella crying so hard at night. Also thank goodness, that this Renee isn’t a typical selfish Renee. She pretty much told Bella to go home. In her post pregnancy hormones, add to that lack of sleep and the need for help, it was downright selfless. She did the right thing for zbella and that is exactly what a mom should do.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 3/18
You said Rosalie was a senior at the beginning of this. That she was only one year behind Emmett and that is why they kept together, even though he’s off to college. Now, she going to be at school with Bella for senior year? Confused. I did enjoy what Charlie said to Bella and Edward in his cruiser. He knows it is his daughter that is convincing Edward to move forward bit by bit. The way he said 'when Bella convinces you again', made me laugh.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 3/18
I think my favorite part of this was when Edward was stunned stupid and Carlisle had to shove him to get him to notice Bella asked him to put lotion her. Then again when Carlisle choke/laughed when Bella inquired what took him so long in getting his board shorts on. That was hilarious to read. Bella, so not thinking. Wouldn’t Edward’s car be outside her house? Therefore, if Edward wasn’t in her room, he still knew he was there. Poor Edward.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 3/18
He was absolutely certain that Charlie could tell what they’d done and that was funny. She is definitely not ready for anything sexual yet. She’s got major jitters going on. At this rate, she may be ready by the following summer. Especially since this summer is almost half over with it being July Fourth.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 3/18
Why was Charlie acting weird about Edward? Bella mentioned he was being strange and then it was never fleshed out. That was really good for Edward. I was surprised he lasted that long for his first time having a girl touch him like that. I guess all Bella wanted was her boobs groped?
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 3/18
Graduation day, check. Bummer that Bella feels like she lost so much in the friends department, when we know she’s gained so very much more with the ones she’s got. It is not quantity with friendship, it is quality. A lesson she’ll learn a wee bit later in life, in her twenties. She did learn a valuable lesson in this chapter though. When a person at the restaurant you are dining at makes you uncomfortable, you mention it to the manager. She may do this the next time it happens. Since Bree was not taking the hints that Bella was throwing at her, call the manager over and it’ll become much clearer to her. Traversing teenage hormones? Nobody has figured out the best way to handle that yet. Communication would be a great start. Although, Bella and Edward suck at talking to each other about it, because they are too shy to broach that subject.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 3/18
I really like thatbthey decided to have their very own non-prom at Edward’s home. What a great idea. The girls had a fun and successful trip for dresses. The dads telling Jacob that he’d marry Bella one day was irresponsible of them. She’s at least ten years older than him for pity’s sake. Which would be okay if they were in their twenties and thirties . . . not right now though. I was glad that Bella talked Jacob right out of that idea and that he and Edward got along after. Charlie was fun with his comments on Bella’s dress being too small and taking the photos. Edward’s place sounded really spruced up, which does not surprise me with the girls planning and Edward’s mom most likely helping the boys get it ready. I was surprised with their ILY's. They were so cute and completely untraditional. Very fun scene.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 3/18
I normally do not crave burgers, but, you made me crave a burger with their ditching school and getting them. It would be great for Bella if she scored high on the SAT's, as she may care later, even if she doesn't care now. I kind of figured it would be something like this that brought Rose and Bella back together. Even though I am glad that Emmett called Bella to get her help for a drunk Rose, they are not quite ready to be friends again yet. Rosalie really betrayed Bella and Bella is right, she is still hanging out with the two bitches. So really, nothing has changed. At least Bella is not making Rose choose like Lauren and Jessica did. There shouldn't be any reason why you can't be friends with everyone. I liked that she found Bella and thanked her for helping when she needed it. Poor Edward and his car . . . yuck.