Reviews for A Quiet, Peaceful Place
Angelmoo1 chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
So sad but believable that Maggie would do this for Dana although I couldn't imagine Mulder leaving Scully. I could imagine him killing himself after she did but just so so sad. Brilliantly written, really poignant x
theywontletmedeletethisaccount chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
wow. that was terribly sad. stupid mulder. i really enjoyed reading it.
BelinhaZpears chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
I found this piece really interesting. 3 I don't want Mulder or Scully to die, but it's a challenge to write and read about their deaths.

I've always wanted to have Maggie and Teena sitting at the same room, drinking tea and talking about each other children - though in my mind they were planning their wedding, not their funerals. But it was very moving to read this one. I can't say I know Teena too well to know how she felt about Scully or her relationship with Mulder, but I hope Maggie opened her eyes to that.

Great job, thank you. Happy holidays! *-*
The Phantom Turtle chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
It's interesting to put these two characters together. As mothers, their personalities are a spectrum apart; Mrs Scully is open and perceptive; Mrs Mulder seems so remote and closed.

After their conversation I wonder if Teena Mulder left the house with a deeper understanding of her son, a deeper sense of loss (as the scope of her son's relationship with his partner was more fully revealed to her), or a deeper sense of despair because she has been confronted with her own inability to look beyond herself and her own pain?

I liked that the pov allowed me into both mothers' minds. It's one of those "what if" moments which really fascinates. It could also be interesting to take this situation and tell it separately from each perspective.

TPT