Reviews for Golden
Aileil chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
This is quite a lovely story. Thank you very much for writing it (my own locket has my parent inside it and an etching of Jesus upon the cross on the front). I just wanted to mention that in order to convey how much this story touches me personally.
Neshomeleh chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
touching! Thank you very much!
karonkgb chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Well said. Thank you for a touch of oue soul to shine through.
Rosywonder chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Ah, I, being a religious person, appreciated this story and its restraint. A good description of what they share, and what they hide.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
A bit ironic that you have to warn potential readers about religious imagery when the site has lately been deluged with a plethora of slash. And while not being the least bit religious myself, icons are culturally appropriate for Russians, if not Soviets. Not sure I'd buy him keeping a photo of Napoleon in the locket though. That's just asking for trouble should Thrush open the locket, and they would.

Nice descriptive language of the sun creeping into the motel room.
Shara Michelle chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
aw... as anti-religious as I actually am, I enjoyed this. Probably because it wasn't in the vein of "you should believe this way" but rather "Illya has these beliefs and keeps them to himself." That I can handle. And I did know of David McCallum's allergy, and saw the medallion, but never made the connection. I saw a movie last night and noticed a silver bracelet he wore on that set (Dogs, from the '70's). Wonder which he is currently wearing on NCIS.