Reviews for i hold my breath until you creak to life
Mimi the Brave chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
I read this a couple months ago and just bookmarked it, and now that I finally have an account here I just have to review it, finally!

Firstly, the poetry scattering over the whole story was so fitting, torn apart like them, soothing the soul like they did for each other.

Secondly, the house and its personality made everything even more tangible, especially how the combined forces of Sakura and Naruto broke down the defenses, and in the end they all are accepted by that house.

Lastly, the dysfunctional perfection of the three of them - I loved how Sakura came in first, and left first, and then came back, no longer caring about social protocol. They had their own world to them, and you described it in so much detail, it was hard to resurface after reading this again...

Wonderful writing style, and a great vision of how their story might end... I loved every sentence of it!
Mahayana chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
That was beautiful. All of your work is very beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it.
Tai Black chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
whoa, that was brilliant!
always-kh chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
woah dark and weird and dreamlike but some parts, the end, is still happy and it all manages to fit really well probably because you're admitting it's not perfect but it fits and they can make it work. it captures just how dysfunctional they all are too...
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Just wow. What a brilliant and surreal experience. Your words just flow like honey! The transition was wonderfully written, Sasuke so vividly depicted; not quite sane, but I don't think anyone is. Definitely one of the best pieces of writing I've come across in a looooong time!
LuteLyre chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
oh i love it i love it i love it i love it! you have such a way with words. i read this ages ago and just found it again now and oh its amazing.
Halo chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
So beautiful... Your stories wear me out because each character has enough life to suck me in. I love the scenery for each poignant event. Then again, Naruto framed by fire has always been something I love.

To However-long ago your dreams are inspired,

A Fan
Mystic Owl chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
For gothic literature, “I Hold My Breath...” delivered a blissfully if not happy ending. The story left me with a sense of calm and at peace with the character development. I honestly expected more tragedy and misfortune to beget the ‘unlucky’ team seven. I appreciated how you delivered this piece and your writing style is reminiscent of poems such as "Fall of House of Usher" and I enjoyed every twisted moment of it.
korel.c chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
This needs more people to read it.

It's beautiful.
Uchihas apprentice chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
This is life...this is real

yet it is also fascinatingly surreal

I'm indisputably speechless

...

I can't stop feeling this horrendous ache

and I love every second of reading this story

you might be proud to know that this is the first ever fanfic that I saved in my bookmarks wherein I have already finished reading

and might I add that I'm 15 and want to say that even with my current age, I can truly appreciate and say that you're a great writer and one who can influence others through what they write.

How you wove this peice together, I'll never know

One thing I'm certain of is that you're a genius! -and I agree with every other comment you've received
bobalinabokonon chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
This held my breath. I am slowly getting it back.

(The angst is wretchedly amazing.)
Empatheia chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Still and always one of my favourites, bb.
Dancing Roses and Sunny Rain chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
that is so morbid! i really like it!
Tildessmoo chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I'll have you know that I despise slash in most instances because it is generally done with no regard for canon or character for the sole purpose of self-gratification, often without even a decent plot to make up for that; Naruto slash I find even worse because it is so horrendously overdone (last I checked there were more SasuNaru fics than NaruFemale on TONFA).

That said, this rocks. A Lovecraftian romance, it seems, with not a triangle, but a coordinate, occasionally lost but defined in the end. They remind me of a better-fated Jaylor, Brevelan and... it's been too long since I've read anything by Irene Radford, but the third member of that menage in "The Glass Dragon." While many authors cheapen Naruto's and Sasuke's friendship and rivalry by assuming it must be brought on by sexual tension, you do the opposite, bringing sex in as a consequence of feelings too intense for any of the trio to cope with on their own, and deepen it further by showing it to transcend any boundaries gender might bring with it. You show the consequences of trauma, the difficulty of moving past it for both the traumatized and their loved ones, and how not just love but understanding and emotional need can overcome, and that in the face of such a spirit, one, two, and three are nothing more than words.

I will admit to having once planned to write Team 7 into a single romance myself, but I could never have kept them together. You have, and in such a way that I feel I must go over my notes again to review my characters' emotions.
Mayflower chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Deep, dark, and absolutely wonderful...intereting, the way you worked a plot out of a nursery rhyme..