Reviews for And I Knew It Then
Megwolf13 chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
I LOVE IT!
Jesusrocks chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Very good, kinda sad but I really liked it. Good job!
ClassynSassy chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
There is nothing like a sad story you can cry to. This was one of them.
Memories Left Abandoned chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Wow. That's really powerful, and this is a great piece. I really like the line "I've been nowhere for a long time." That stuck with me ) Love it.
X5thAvenueX chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Great story; kinda sad but definately not in a bad way.

"His mother had died when he was a boy, but he had lost her long before that.

His father had never been a father, never been anything but the stranger with alcohol in his hand. He had lost him long ago.

He lost plenty of girlfriends throughout the years, to other guys, to those better than him. He always he knew they deserved better.

He lost Kate—she had always been family, from the first day they met, it was as if they were just meant to bicker beneath the watchful eyes of Gibbs.

He lost Paula, twice, first because he was simply stupid, and again to a terrorist. But she had given her life as a sacrifice, for her men, for all of them.

He lost Jeanne, but it couldn’t have ended any other way.

He even dealt with loss on a daily basis, facing the worst, vilest of humankind—those who took the blood, the lives of others.

But Tony… he never understood what it meant, not to its fullest, most slicing, most volatile extent until then.

He never understood until he lost her."

This was my favorite bit, along with the last line.

Loved the theme, and you wrote it really well.
indiaga chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Damn. Once again, you got me. Wow. Just...heartwrenching.

This isn't going to be a very long review (I just got back from the most hellish day of my life, aka my Cambridge interview) as I am very tired and depressed, but just to say...this didn't cheer me up in the sense of 'oh yay I'm happy now!' but it cheered me up in the sense that, whenever I read your writing, I am totally inspired by the feelings, emotions, speech and thoughts of the characters, the way you portray them all so distinctly and yet so beautifully, and leave me confident in the knowledge that good writing DOES exist and yours is excellent proof of that :)
Jean89 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Excellent, as always! Loved that it was in autopsy - remind me of the cinversation between Tony and Ziva after Jenny's death. I liked Tony talking to the dead, like Ducky, the Duck walking in. Kept in character! :)
Ziva4Tony chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Love this story. Had not read a Ducky and Tony friendship in a long time. Wish this would happen on the show.
secretnumber-486 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Sad and beautiful. *sniff* I love reading your work; it's always so well done.
zatl chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
This was kinda depressing. Of course, I was thinking about it in relation to option four. I don't think I could imagine what it would be like to be in Tony's shoes after he thought Ziva was dead. It just sounds too horrible...

anyway, thanks for the story.
livingandthriving chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
This is pretty bittersweet, but very nicely done. I could see something like that happening after Tony heard about the Damocles going down (I just rewatched Truth or Consequences last night so it's really fresh in my mind). I actually don't see that happening now; I think he knows he's got another chance, he's just trying to make sure he doesn't mess it up.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
This does explain part of Tony's strange hesitancy this season.

I mean it's pretty much out in the open how he feels about Ziva after the summer and the rescue.

You show very well in this story his self doubt and also his tendency to blame everything on himself.

Good job characterizing Mr. DiNozzo.

Also you nailed Ducky pretty well too.

And the story made me so sad until the very end when you offered me hope.

Thanks for this story!
phoenix008 chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
as always, that was another brilliant story of yours. When i watched the season 7 premiere, I thought that there must have been something that made Tony have the courage to fight - even when he knew that Ziva was most likely dead. This story fit right into Tony's character. This reminded me of the episode where Ziva and Tony are talking at Ducky's desk in the dark (not sure which episode this was). so anyway, great story!

* my favorite quote - the last line:

And so Tony would wonder about loss, and hope, so familiar with one, and such a stranger to the other.

a thought-provoking way to end the little scene.
11nivea342 chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
first off, no envy, no fear, such a great song. it was on bones, my other favorite show along with NCIS, and just... such a beautiful song!

i love how you described s6 for TZ. it was like... after agent afloat, tony almost seemed so thankful to be back home and back into a pattern with ziva and then when he finds that picture of michael and realizes shes moved on, his whole attitude changes.

nice little oneshot. i can see tony talking to himself, remembering their lines and their banter. and you have ducky SO in character, with how he talks and just... his attitude, great great work.

i am always so happy when NCIS fic pops up from you cause i KNOW it'll be good hehe. :) i do hope you write more soon!
lyndalanz chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
I like to think that is how he felt when he thought she had died.

You've been taking lessons from the "Shangst" master, and are getting really good at it.