Reviews for As A Sister
StuckBetweenShades chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Oh gosh. This here, is an Ikutau masterpiece. I've seen how many authors put Ikuto and Utau to be (gag) couples. And seriously, it kinda pisses me off. I mean, they're freaking siblings! Hello! Have you even finished the whole SC series?
The way you captured and written the feeling exchange ( do you call it that?) was awesome. I can clearly see their family bond through this fic. A great one shot, 'nuff said.
By the way, I absolutely adored the Amuto hint at the end, it's so like Ikuto to sacrifice his needs for his sister.
-Just Chocolate-
Historia Thirteen chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Best Utah and Ikuto fic I could find. Really in character. It really sucks how so many people are bashing Utah when Ikuto sacrificed his happiness for the sake of his family. I found it really hard to believe that he would give up family for Amu. Great one-shot!
Cookizilla chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Short and sweet. c:
En ar Ciel chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
This is actually the story that made me realize you existed - truth be told before I had an account I'd write the pennames and story titles of authors I liked in my phone, and look 'em up whenever I wanted to read a fantastic story. This fic was one of fifteen I had kept in my phone, to be honest.

Which makes me all the more shocked I haven't reviewed it - maybe because I've been thinking on how much I love this for so long - around a couple years - that the possibility I never reviewed didn't register.

Not only is it beautifully written; almost poetic, but the scene depiction and characterization leaves virtually no room for improvement. You're a fantastical writer with spot-on details; the story is sad, uplifting, and solemnly beautiful; it's been one of my top favorites for probably a year and a half, and I can't believe I never told you. Both protagonists are entirely in character, reacting realistically to there environment. Aside from that Utau is battling a very real subconscious battle; confronting her brother in an encouraging, albeit tentative, way.

And these lines:

[ Amu had all her friends surrounding her. She didn't need Ikuto.

Utau did.

So it didn't matter that he needed Amu. ]

Are probably the most in powerful, depressing, and sobering lines I've ever read; he's always so self-sacrificing, and you nailed it perfectly. I just wish he valued his own happiness as he does his sister's.

Ikuto has always depressed me, to an extent.

This is...amazing. That's all I can say. One of fifteen I've kept in my heart before I even had an account.
MissFaerieKaiti chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Awww... *sniffle* That was totally, one hundred percent Ikuto, pushing away his own needs to protect others, even if his version of what's best isn't always the best. *glomphugglez him*

EPIC story, VERY well done!
Unexplained Enigma chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This really explains the bond between Ikuto and Utau. It shows the pain and struggle that comes along with the lives they lead. Love the little Amuto bit at the end, too.
CattyGothLoli chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
I really liked this, it made me cry for some reason though.
Facades chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
This is the best UtauxIkuto one-shot I've seen, and the best part is that it's done the right way. Most people are so obsessed with getting Amu and Ikuto together, and that the only thing they see Utau as is a "third wheel", so to speak. Iktuo would actually choose Utau over Amu, because the main reason he's even working for Easter is to protect his family. Most people don't even bother to awknoledge that he does care for her-as a brother. It's great to see that someone is able to incorporate their relationship the right way, though now Utau is starting to become a bit more independent. Congrats on making everyone in character, which is something hard to do whenever Ikuto, Amu, and Utau are invovled.