Reviews for The Mystery Of Me
AshKetchumForever chapter 8 . 10/22/2018
Wow. Who would've guessed that Red would make an appearance? Love it!
YumeTakato chapter 8 . 10/4/2018
wooo boy is that a cliffhanger, but i really enjoyed the chapter and look forward to the next! happy holidays in the meantime!
Shaveza chapter 8 . 9/27/2018
The chapters are 100% worth the wait!

The revelation of Team Rocket's actual identities and Ash's suspended license was as crushing as I was expecting. I just about had to read through my fingers though (you know, the way some people will do when watching intense scenes for movies, I do that for reading). The whump of air leaving the area in the fic was just about tangible.

The parts with Red are super interesting. I'm curious to see what'll happen there.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/20/2018
Yay! A new chapter! :D
Fire4Heaven chapter 1 . 9/19/2018
When you decide to make a new Pokemon you will be targetted by a group of trolls who will falsely review your story. They go by the name "St Elmo's Fire", "Farla", "Reeds of Enki, "DLPxBeAsTxSnIpE", "Talarc", "thisispingas", "Act" and BeHopeful. It's best to block them before they become a problem for you. Do not talk to them either for as they will send your PM down over at their blog.

Why they do it is rather simple. They think they know better then everyone else. Better to block them. Also spread the word and warn others
Guest chapter 8 . 9/19/2018
Well, this chapter was pretty intense. Did not expect to see Red, of all trainers appear. The way you've depicted him is also kind of ominous too. He's older, though his silent nature still holds. Still, the way he's approaching "Hunt" feels sort of akin to the way Captain Ahab chased Moby Dick. It almost feels like he's obsessed. If a person like him were to end up an enemy of Ash, well...lets just say 'Soot's' odds of surviving a situation like this wouldn't be very high.

As for everyone now knowing that he's acting as a trainer without a license (effectively in violation of probation), I wonder if Aileen will turn on him? Somehow I really doubt that she would just throw him under the bus like that, then again, she might use his predicament as leverage to make him stay in Cameron as a condition to make this problem go away. I'd say at this point, he wouldn't have much of a choice but to agree to whatever terms she offers him.
Lil' Dark chapter 7 . 3/22/2018
Okay, so I can't wait for the next chapter to reveal itself. Even though I simply like it because of your writing skills and Team Rocket than because of Ash or Lucario.

Anyway, the first chapter was a real powerhouse and I was really glad I read TBA first, because the chapter actually made sense because of that story. I liked what William's mother said, her anger and despair felt real, though (and I should not compare) I dislike this version of Ash even more so than the version in TBA. Simply because I believe he would never use a forbidden move like that, even with Charizard disobedient or not. He would be rash, yes, but not uncaring. His guilt however towards liking the battle in a tournament is something that feels very real once more and I love the way you wrote it.

Plus, I don't think Ash would become uncaring towards his Pokemon either. He would still congratulate them for winning a battle, even though his own guilt eats him up inside. But, that's just my opinion...

What I forgot to mention however in my other review, is that I love the fact you let him grow up. And let him experience new things, for example: the scene where Aileen stumbled upon him and didn't care a second, while he was busy trying to salvage his dignity. I loved it :)

Good luck with writing the next chapter, I'm waiting for it. Secretly crossing my fingers in hope of Lucario becoming a bit more brooding as well as angry at his betrayal. It's what I love in the film, to be honest. His brooding nature, Ash catching him off guard... I'm glad the others are left out of this piece, as they would certainly not fit in this story.

Anyhow, enough rambling from me! I can't wait for the next chapter to show up for either story you're currently working one. I'll be following you
AshKetchumForever chapter 7 . 2/1/2018
This is awesome! Can't wait for more! Love it!
YumeTakato chapter 7 . 1/23/2018
I really enjoyed it and look forward to the next chapter!
Shaveza chapter 7 . 1/20/2018
Poor, poor Ash. I think he's suffering psychological whiplash at this point. He really didn't need any more than he's already dealing with, but WELP - Chosen One duties call and they never come with anything short of bombshell moment!

I'm really looking forwards to the relationship Ash and Lucario have in 'Mystery of Me'. It was one of the more unique dynamics out of any other movie, simply because they weren't on great terms with each other for a fair chunk of the movie for drastically different reasons compared to other movies, but were on the same side (so to speak) rather than directly opposed in the usual way.

See you next chapter!
Ayfara chapter 7 . 1/20/2018
YAS! Another fantastic chapter! This was a super fun read, very nicely done. :)
AshKetchumForever chapter 6 . 11/5/2017
Great job! Love it!
YumeTakato chapter 6 . 10/16/2017
I hadn't read this in a while and caught up from the start. I've enjoyed the whole story thus far and look forward to the next update! See you in the new year, and good luck on your writing!
Shaveza chapter 6 . 10/11/2017
I love your version of the ball scene. Its so awkward and fun at the same time. (I'm wondering if Kidd knows about Ash's license suspension at all though...) Then, at the end, you can really feel the fear at the end when Lucario is freed from the staff. Lucario's whispers before leaving the staff are much more chilling than in the movie and I liked that.

Good luck with Nanowrimo! I'll see you next chapter!
Guest chapter 6 . 10/11/2017
Aileen dancing just made my day! How cute! Poor Ash that ball was more a punishment that a reward and Pikachu was being totally ignorant to the suffering of his master. Also lets not forget James being all adorable.
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »