Reviews for The Mystery Of Me
Blood Shifter2 chapter 2 . 7/11/2010
this story is awesome but why did you stop? i really hope you continue this story. i'm really enjoying it. keep up the good work. update soon please.
Kiomori chapter 2 . 4/22/2010
This looks good so far! I like the dark twists too, even though I feel really bad for Ash right now. I'll have to read The Blind Alley too!

Anyway, I'll have to stick around and read this. I hope you end up updating it soon!
Wolfwhispers chapter 2 . 4/2/2010
I'm eager to see how this backfires for poor Ash.
Jiyle chapter 2 . 2/12/2010
Her name is Lady Ilene. And her ancestor's name is Lady Rin. UPDATE SOON
mangagirl18 chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
First off, I'd like to say that I've read TBA and I really love it! It's simply amazing and very well written, thought through, and set up. I love the flash back sequences and how all the Pokemon can "talk". I think you kept Pikachu's personality much more in check than the writers of Advanced and so on did! This is one of the best twists on the Pokemon verse that I've ever had the pleasure of reading. You've kept all the characters in character and made them more believable than the actual show. Their maturing and experiences are realistic, and more adult and yet on some level, still true to the anime. I also like how Ash kept his team together and actually went back for Pigeot (wtf is with the anime and all it's continuity issues anyway?) and seemingly aquired a new Butterfree. Since it's a girl I'm assuming it's new? I mean the first was a male and was released in an ep that is still one of the saddest in my oppinion.

Ever since the Lucario incident was briefly mentioned in TBA I've been curious about it. So this prequal thing is just what I was hoping for. It's awesome and will definately help piece together the flashbacks and provide for an even smoother TBA story.

On that note, even though I'm dying to see how Ash gets out of Andromedas claws and learn more about Pikachu and the knife, this story TMOM seems more pressing, and I think will be important to future TBA chapters. So I think you should work the next chapter for this first. But eh it's your call.

In anycase I CAN'T wait to see what happens next!

Also you should really upload this to DA. I was reading on there first, but got tired of the grey BG even if Miya's header is awesome.

And yes I'm the same Mangagirl8 from DA.
Britannica Moore chapter 2 . 12/30/2009
I want more of this story! I'm liking Blind Alley and this and I enjoy your writing style. A lot of people here on don't write as well- please keep up the good work! Don't leave me hanging. lol.

~Brit
May All Your Bacon Burn chapter 2 . 12/22/2009
*sigh* Your writing always makes me happy...I've never actually seen this movie, because, well...I missed Misty and though I like May (especially compared to Dawn) it wasn't the same.

I really hope to see you update. Both this and Blind Alley. Especially Blind Alley...I've re-read it like five times and I still love it. :3 And you haven't even gotten to Mewtwo yet...

This is also very awesome. I like the beginning with Will's mom. It's not really what you'd expect, but at the same time it doesn't surprise you. It's awesome that way. :D

Please write more soon. Though, I can understand waiting. Perfection takes time, right? ;)
Shaveza chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
I think 'Eileen' is prettier than 'Irene' and your spelling of it with an 'A' instead of an 'E' is even prettier. 'A' names have always been very graceful in my mind.

I can't wait to see how you write Aileen. Her carbon copy-ness of her ancestor when I looked up the characters struck me as lazy of the writers. It was probably cheaper too. , Bah.

I like Roman. Must be embarrassing to learn the ruler of a kingdom is rooting for you. That'll be interesting, for Ash to learn -why- everyone's staring at him. I doubt he'll appreciate it.

I'll see you next chapter.
YumeTakato chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
For some reason I thought I could continue to the next chapter. XD Awe, I want more... great chapter. I enjoyed it. X3 See ya next time~!
Kilasfd chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
Nice chapter. I like Pikachu and how he just doesn't really care about pride and just wanted food, because it somehow reminded me of the beginning of the original series. I think it was the dead queen who was called Irene or Eileen, and the new one Lynn, but I'm not sure. I want to see how you'll show the queen with a personality, though...
Dreamlight chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
These stories are making me wish that I saw more of the movies (only saw the first one) because I really love your writing style, but I'm finding myself so lost. Probably will have to wikipedia them, lol.

Good work, and I look forward to more! :-)
YumeTakato chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
You forgot Misty's whereabouts, but I suppose that was alluded to with the Squirtle/Cerulean gym thing. Baw.

Anyways, I enjoyed it and totally look forward to more. And hey, at least Ash's wave ability was legit/in anime so.. wohoo for not god modding him for the sake of a movie and nothing else anime producers. -clap-

See ya next time!
TheWritingMustache chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Psycho woman, desu.
Shaveza chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
I found "The Blind Alley" a while ago while I was on a sudden Pokemon binge, caused by missing the original series. ((Those were the good ol' days.)) If I haven't reviewed for "The Blind Alley" (which I don't think I have), I apologize, because I've really enjoyed what you have so far. My jaw dropped because I wasn't expecting to find well-written, -serious-, dark-toned Pokemon fictions at all. I wasn't expecting to find -anything- well-written at all to be perfectly honest.

So I'm really looking forwards to the next chapter of "The Mystery of Me". I actually haven't seen the entire Lucario movie (bits and pieces here and there) and it's still one of my favorites. Lucario of the 8th movie has a -story-, one that's a lot deeper than I'm used to seeing in the Pokemon series, which makes Mewtwo a favorite character of mine as well.

Suicide's always been a tough topic for me to grasp, especially since I've never thought about it and it's never touched me personally. I'm the kind of person that hides away in books and stories whenever I hit my absolute lows in life. Your portrayal of Ash's desire to kill himself was straightforward and simple, not the usual winding dialogue I normally read about the character drawing up the reasons why he or she should kill themselves. There's no wondering of 'who will miss me' or 'will they miss me' litany I've read a million times, it's 'they'll just have to deal, I don't care if I hurt them'. When William's mother stops Ash from killing himself, he begs her to let him suicide rather than the 'why did you stop me' I'm used to reading.

I really liked this first chapter, even if it is a bit harsh, it kind of spoke to me. I can't wait to see how you develop Lucario and Ash's relationship, so I'll see ya next chapter!
Farla chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
"Just a bit of back story. This is a short story tacked on to my longer epic titled The Blind Alley. It’s a re-written version of the Lucario movie fitting into to the other stories’ storyline.

Long story short, Ash ran away from home in order to continue his pokemon training. But sometime while he was on his own, he obtained a new rival by the name of William. Because of a tragic accident, Ash mistakenly caused his rival’s death. This story takes place shortly after said accident. Ash is 15 years old (see The Blind Alley for more details, which takes place two years in this story’s future)"

Oh god.

To not even touch your summary here, I'm just going to point out that if this is a short story tacked onto a longer one taking place in a universe so altered that the canon characters are unrecognizable, it probably shouldn't be getting posted as a separate story.

...and wow, that's more unrecognizable than even I was expecting.

Dialogue is written as "Hello," he said or "Hello!" he said, never "Hello." He said or "Hello." he said or "Hello," He said or "Hello" he said. The only exception to this is if the next sentence doesn't contain a speech verb, in which case it's written as "Hello." He grinned, never "Hello," he grinned or "Hello," He grinned. Note that something isn't a speech verb just because it's a sound you make with your mouth, so generally stuff like laughed or giggled is in the second category.
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »