Reviews for Steambot Chronicles
Blaze1992 chapter 19 . 12/26/2014
This has been both fun and interesting to read. I like how you took out those to ridiculous boss's in the game. I think a sand fortress/submarine also a giant spider covered in saws out in the middle of nowhere seemed like overkill to me. But there is a couple of things in this story and also in the game that has been bugging me. First off throughout the entire game vanilla only fights while he's in his Earl Grey. So why hasn't he been learning how to fight without his machine or at least gotten a weapon to defend himself with. Second the entire time he has been fighting bandits why hasn't the police/government tried warning him to stop attacking bandits for his own safety. Or at least trying to recruiting him so they can give training so he will be better prepared to face them in or out of his machine. Third why hasn't vanilla or people he meets keep calling his trout Earl Grey. Did you not give yours a unique name? Forth why hasn't anyone from vanilla home country been asking about him or the boat he was on? I would think his parents would be worried about him and wouldn't stop looking till they see a body. Also are gonna have rare frames for vanilla to use like katana sword frame or the medium boost leg frames? I look forward to see the rest of this story keep up with the good work.
Earl Grey III chapter 17 . 12/18/2013
Can we have a new chapter for Christmas?
Earl Grey III chapter 19 . 7/16/2013
First off, I want to say again, GREAT story. Secondly, PLEASE MAKE A NEW CHAPTER. I can't stand the waiting. And Stand(the guy below me), yes. That is exactly what it is.
Stand chapter 11 . 6/14/2013
it's almost lie reading a light novel from stambot chronicles game but with difference from the game
Griselda Banks chapter 19 . 3/12/2013
Nice to see you haven't given up! It was good to get some more background on Mallory and Chicory and all that, though I can sense there's still something bigger on the way. I have my theories, but we'll just have to wait and see ;) I liked how you brought Dudley together in this chapter - not just tying it up with his previous appearance, but also mentioning him early on in the chapter and then featuring him at the end.

It isn't immediately obvious why they're going to Eurydika. You should have some kind of explanation right away that they're trying to hide/recuperate there, or at least have Vanilla wonder or ask why they're going there, just to clarify it for everybody.

Typos I noticed:
"Not really, the entrees have been slim this year for some reason." - 'entries' Entrees are food XD

"I have something I've been meaning to discuss you." - 'discuss WITH you'

"then I fear your live is in far more danger" - life

"near by plaza." - 'near THE plaza'

"once they were on the path that lead to the forest." - led

"You would doing a project one day," - 'would BE doing'

"Its circumference nearly that of the Garland arena itself," - 'circumference WAS nearly'

"of which one they had just entered from." - 'one of which' sounds better

"it's structure almost like it was from a far off time period." - its

"But I guess do deserve it," - 'guess I do'

"Whose the wise guy?" - Who's

"He dash to the side," - dashED
godofmadness43 chapter 19 . 3/3/2013
man, i wonder just what kind of person chicory was, i need to know more
Guest chapter 2 . 2/11/2013
This is great :) I'm 21 and I still love this game I have beaten it 18 times, I just can't seem to get enough of it. Thanks for the wonderful story.
Earl Grey III chapter 18 . 1/12/2013
Hate to say this, but please hurry with the new chapter! This is the only good SC fanfic out there!
vastler75 chapter 18 . 11/18/2012
"A week had passed since Fennel's new band made their debut, and became a huge success"

i literally winched seeing this words, so is Fennel like the Justin Beiber of the Steambot-verse?...anyway, yeah not much happening but still can't wait the next Chapter

update soon, cause we know we're all crying inside the Steambot 2 was Canceled T_T
Griselda Banks chapter 18 . 10/13/2012
Typos I noticed:

"exhausted every possible lead he could come up." - 'come up WITH'

"nestling against a pile a of discarded cords" - take out the second 'a'

"he stopped as a racking cough overtook," - 'overtook HIM'

"the gentle glow of a small house opposite of the clearing" - The second 'of' is unnecessary.

"as best as he could to intimidating." - 'to LOOK intimidating.'

"The young trotmobile ride nodded," - 'rideR'

"on a breezy saturday afternoon," - capitalize 'saturday'

"However, there appeared to signs of restlessness" - 'appeared to BE signs'

"Garland Globetrotters perform right here our humble little village." - 'perform right here FOR our humble'

"Basil bashfully shrugging the compliments" - 'shrugging AWAY the compliments'

My guess is that Pablo's cough will have a greater importance later on? You seemed to be emphasizing that in that section of the chapter. I look forward to more excitement later on ;)
obsessedanimefangirl chapter 18 . 10/12/2012
If this chapter isn't you writing at your full mojo, then I really can't wait until you gain it back. This chapter was great and I can't wait till the next one.
godofmadness43 chapter 18 . 10/12/2012
aww well that sure was a nice chapter, hope Gable gets a new house
vastler75 chapter 17 . 8/14/2012
I'm surprise Vanilla didn't go deaf after that Concert

yeah i really hate that song too, makes my ears hurt

any chance Vanilla singing a song that's not in the Game? (Kanjite Knight Maybe...hey it's a Mecha game & that's a Hot Blooded Mecha Song) so the Electric Guitar won't go to waste with that one Awful song

Anywho, Update soon
Griselda Banks chapter 17 . 6/9/2012
Wow, two chapters right at once! _ But I guess it's been a while :D This mostly felt like typing up loose ends, but a couple things I thought I'd comment on: First of all, I'm assuming you're going to touch on Pablo's plagiarism more later? Just making sure, because Vanilla seems quite shocked by it and I think the readers would like some answers :D

Also, as someone who hasn't played the game, no, Fennel's song did NOT come across as that horrible. I think you should play it up some more, because the way you've described it right now makes it sound like he's not as good as Connie, but nothing to suggest that he's really that awful.

Here's some typos I noticed from Chapter 16:

"watched with wide eye wonder" - eyeD

"full of hole" - holeS

"though Marlow said there wouldn't be really safe" - Hmm, something like 'Marlow said that it wouldn't really be safe' sounds better.

"it's silvery form reflected in the water" - its

"It turn out that the lake ran northward" - turnED

"if we accept one big of modernization." - I'm not sure what, but I think you were intending a different word than "big". Or maybe "one big _ of modernization."

"the events that had led to it's damaged state." - its

"and he as he thought about it" - Take out the first 'he'.

And none from Chapter 17! *clapclap*