Reviews for Steambot Chronicles
Griselda Banks chapter 20 . 7/1
Uggghh, I feel like I need to go back and read the whole thing to remember all the details... _ But overall, this chapter did a good job of jogging my memory, what with familiar faces coming back. I think you did a good job of that, reminding us of what's happened just by having Vanilla react to how different those characters appear, or the small talk they engage in to update each other. Good for a hiatus-breaking chapter.

Hope you're still interested in me pointing out typos, 'cause here are the ones I found XD:

"the man he had seen get treated like a punching" - like a punching BAG

"dying down as the announcer, appeared" - unnecessary comma

"shield still raise as he dashed behind" - raiseD

"If it wasn't cryptic questions, it was either a cold and dejected personality." - 'either' is unnecessary here

"How are you guy liking the VIP treatment?" - guyS

"near the repair station that kept in the event" - Do you mean 'THEY kept'? Not sure.

"taking Schneider by surprise as barely blocked another swing" - as HE barely blocked

"The White Phantom is now at the mercy of the Hero of Nerfroburg" - XD misspelled Nefroburg *imagines an entire town made of bright orange plastic and foam*

"waiting to be leave the arena" - unnecessary 'be'

"And this concludes this years UTC!" - year's

"would get serious and deal out a devastation blow" - Unless this is a technical term for an actual attack, it should be 'devastatING blow'.

"least there was a chance something might befall the gang" - lest, not least

"I've heard fights with usually involve his opponents getting injured" - with HIM

"striking just slight off from Schneider's right" - slightLY

"rendering almost completely useless" - rendering IT

"a testament of the Bird legs maneuverability" - a testament TO the Bird legs' maneuverability

"its pilot tried to regain a bead his target" - a bead ON his target

"Connie react so strange lately" - strangeLY

"leaving the gather combatants to disperse" - gatherED

Also, just a reminder - different speakers should be put on separate lines.

Of course, I don't know how this part goes in the game, but I think it's a good choice (whether yours or the creators') to not have Vanilla win the whole tournament now. Sure, he's improved a lot and he's not too shabby after all this time, but there's no way he could win against pros after such a short time. This is a good way to keep him from getting overpowered.

I also liked getting a bit more tension from the Black Mantis front; it raises some interesting questions that I'm curious to get answers to in the future. I think his seeds of doubt make sense, though you could always highlight inconsistencies or coincidences in the earlier scenes to make them stick in the mind more. You know, like having a character mention in passing what a great coincidence it was that XYZ happened, and then the conversation moves on. But then he could remember all those thoughts or conversations he had, and slowly start to wonder...
CaliTues chapter 20 . 6/21
Ahh cliffhangers my worst enemy. I'm glad Comfrey was finally tossed in and I'm really curious how you're going to proceed with the whole "good Vanilla" or "bad Vanilla" thing. Of course you've written good Vanilla up to this point but I think the doubts given to Vanilla were pretty justified. I don't know, maybe give him more reasons to distrust the Trotters? Something to cause a rift I mean. I wish I had played the game more recently so I could remember what came next but I'm completely at a loss lol.

Anyway I really enjoyed the fights this chapter, especially the last one. Having just read the entire fix I have to say that your writing seems to have gotten more... descriptive maybe is the word I'm looking for.

Either way, I look forward to your next update! Hope it's sooner rather than later haha but good luck with all you have going on again!
Blaze1992 chapter 20 . 6/18
After years of waiting you leave us with a cliffhanger. Also you made vanilla lose the UTC?! Come on it's not that hard to get the high end parts and beat elder.
CaliTues chapter 19 . 6/17
Okay first of all WOW I was so happy to see an update on this because I was literally just thinking about it the other day. "I wish that Steambot fic had been finished..." and poof an update after so long! I was ecstatic. I'm not reviewing on the latest chapter because I want to go back through and read the whole thing from the beginning again. But I just wanted to let you know you still have a fan in me! I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hard time, I hope things have improved for you. Ill be reading the actual chapters soon. Glad to see you back :D
silver sasori chapter 20 . 6/16
Да чтоб меня. Я думал ты давно сыграл в ящик или попросту забросил эту историю
godofmadness43 chapter 20 . 6/15
i need to see this comic and glad you've returned, meaning now i gotta write my chapter of my own fanfic ;
Eralc N. Denswot chapter 19 . 1/16/2016
Please finish this amazing novelization of Steambot Chronicles. I can't wait to see your take on the rest of the game.
Blaze1992 chapter 19 . 12/26/2014
This has been both fun and interesting to read. I like how you took out those to ridiculous boss's in the game. I think a sand fortress/submarine also a giant spider covered in saws out in the middle of nowhere seemed like overkill to me. But there is a couple of things in this story and also in the game that has been bugging me. First off throughout the entire game vanilla only fights while he's in his Earl Grey. So why hasn't he been learning how to fight without his machine or at least gotten a weapon to defend himself with. Second the entire time he has been fighting bandits why hasn't the police/government tried warning him to stop attacking bandits for his own safety. Or at least trying to recruiting him so they can give training so he will be better prepared to face them in or out of his machine. Third why hasn't vanilla or people he meets keep calling his trout Earl Grey. Did you not give yours a unique name? Forth why hasn't anyone from vanilla home country been asking about him or the boat he was on? I would think his parents would be worried about him and wouldn't stop looking till they see a body. Also are gonna have rare frames for vanilla to use like katana sword frame or the medium boost leg frames? I look forward to see the rest of this story keep up with the good work.
Earl Grey III chapter 17 . 12/18/2013
Can we have a new chapter for Christmas?
Earl Grey III chapter 19 . 7/16/2013
First off, I want to say again, GREAT story. Secondly, PLEASE MAKE A NEW CHAPTER. I can't stand the waiting. And Stand(the guy below me), yes. That is exactly what it is.
Stand chapter 11 . 6/14/2013
it's almost lie reading a light novel from stambot chronicles game but with difference from the game
Griselda Banks chapter 19 . 3/12/2013
Nice to see you haven't given up! It was good to get some more background on Mallory and Chicory and all that, though I can sense there's still something bigger on the way. I have my theories, but we'll just have to wait and see ;) I liked how you brought Dudley together in this chapter - not just tying it up with his previous appearance, but also mentioning him early on in the chapter and then featuring him at the end.

It isn't immediately obvious why they're going to Eurydika. You should have some kind of explanation right away that they're trying to hide/recuperate there, or at least have Vanilla wonder or ask why they're going there, just to clarify it for everybody.

Typos I noticed:
"Not really, the entrees have been slim this year for some reason." - 'entries' Entrees are food XD

"I have something I've been meaning to discuss you." - 'discuss WITH you'

"then I fear your live is in far more danger" - life

"near by plaza." - 'near THE plaza'

"once they were on the path that lead to the forest." - led

"You would doing a project one day," - 'would BE doing'

"Its circumference nearly that of the Garland arena itself," - 'circumference WAS nearly'

"of which one they had just entered from." - 'one of which' sounds better

"it's structure almost like it was from a far off time period." - its

"But I guess do deserve it," - 'guess I do'

"Whose the wise guy?" - Who's

"He dash to the side," - dashED
godofmadness43 chapter 19 . 3/3/2013
man, i wonder just what kind of person chicory was, i need to know more
Guest chapter 2 . 2/11/2013
This is great :) I'm 21 and I still love this game I have beaten it 18 times, I just can't seem to get enough of it. Thanks for the wonderful story.
Earl Grey III chapter 18 . 1/12/2013
Hate to say this, but please hurry with the new chapter! This is the only good SC fanfic out there!