Reviews for Because of the War
Lyikael chapter 9 . 2/5/2012
This is truly beautiful, I have no words *-*

I don't know if anyone already said but... 'Here comes the future - The Honeydrips' ?

XD

Thanks for writing!
NONAMESWEREAVAILABLE chapter 9 . 5/27/2011
I was looking through old tragedy/angst fics because I was in that kind of mood, and found this. :D I don't really know why I didn't see it sooner, since you'd think it would have turned up, but whatever.

The only negative thing I really have to say about this, is that PTSD wasn't always known as PTSD, as the symptoms were only recognized as an actual psychological issue during (and probably because of) the Korean war. Before that, during WW2, it was known as "the thousand yard stare" and "shell shock" and things like that. Even after they came up with the term "Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder" very little was known about it, what it did, what it was like, how you fix it, etc, so the doctors wouldn't know. And the treating methods for even physical wounds weren't all that good either.

Yeah, anyway, otherwise this was very good and very accurate in depicting the disorder and recovery and everything and I love it! :DDD
Jaricchi chapter 9 . 5/3/2011
Fantastic! XD i really really like it! it was AWESOME! i greatly enjoyed it and am glad someone could portray a romano as something else like a potty mouth. XD great job! hopefully you'll have other wonderful hetalia fanfics

BANZAI! 8D

-Tsuki
Say It Say My Name chapter 9 . 3/19/2011
OMG THAT IS SO CUTE :3
Snowflakes-Over-the-Water chapter 9 . 11/20/2010
all i can say is that this fic was: AMAZING! I'm feeling sort of ashamed of myself right now because I've seen this fic numerous times while searching for other Spamano fics and I completed skipped over it. I don't remember why. It might have been that something about the summary just didn't call out to me, or i thought it would be boring. But then, this morning, I'm looking on your profile page because i had read another one of your stories, and i see this one. So i say to myself, ah, might as well read it. and I do. and now i realize that all the times i skipped over this fic i was missing out on a wonderful story! god, i wish i could write down how this affected me and give you all the praise you deserve but i just can't! i know exactly what i want to say to you, but it's like i can't figure out how to move the words in my head to my fingers and type it out. So I'll just say: Thank you. Thank you for letting me read such a story it seriously made my day. I loved everything about it and now I'm going to go and tell all of my Spamano loving friends to read it because I'm sure they'll love it too thanks again!

-Snowflake
Sadie Woods chapter 9 . 10/11/2010
*takes a deep breath* Oh my GOD was that amazing! I am seriously awe-struck as to how well written this was. Everything was just so spot on. I, I, I'm struggling for words here. A real rarity for me. I'm a huge fan of Hetalia, but relatively new to the Spain/Romano pairing. Like any new fan I fell in love with the main way the two are portrayed: Lovino in all his Tsundere-ness, Antonio being his airy and cheerful self; and because of the fact that I was so new to it I was a bit unwilling to open up to any more newness so soon. However, the description you put forth intrigued me and I decided to step out a bit and give it a chance. It was even better than I thought it would be, though in a much different way. Hurt/comfort is my genre of choice. It's the perfect blend of suffering mixed with love. I don't mind an angsty story now and again; but it has a tendency to overwhelm me. You pushed me to my limit now and again, and I was a bit tempted to just put this aside to finish another day because it was almost more than I could handle. It hit a bit close to home. My father fought in the Vietnam war. He went in a boy and came out wounded and old beyond his years man. I know what Post-Traumatic Syndrome is like. This many years later my father still wakes up shaking from his nightmares. Fireworks, any loud noises, scare him. Physical wounds heal and are gone; this type of wound lingers. I know it appears as if I've gone on a bit of a tangent; but I say this just to illustrate the point that you wrote perhaps the most accurate piece of fiction I've ever read to describe the condition. Not to say that the rest of the story wasn't lovely; it was! The love between Antonio and Lovino was strong and beautiful. Lovino's strength of character in spite of his struggle was admirable. I must say though; my favorite part was the last chapter. Antonio's string of pictures and notes to Lovino; my heart just MELTED! I say this from the bottom of my heart: Thank you so much for writing this!
2447323 chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
You can't beat some adorable Spamano! This is SO CUTE!

I love it so much!
sesshomaru's wifey chapter 9 . 6/25/2010
ok here comes the future is either by Poo Poodles or the honeydrips. the story is amazing!
Pirate-chan chapter 9 . 5/20/2010

this

was

ADORABLE

the whole idea with the pictures was absolutely brilliant!

w00t for the loss of the crutch :3

:'( I'm sad tht it's over... But all great things must come to an end eventually... Except for an amazing love like Spain x Romano! ;)

lovelovelovelovelove it

sorry it took me an eternity to read this... Imma glad I did tho
windflurr chapter 9 . 2/28/2010
that was so touching ;w; 3

loved all the details
K.T. Tag chapter 9 . 2/21/2010
aw, that was a cute ending! I really wanna write some hetalia fic, but I promised ouran and I don't know what to write anymore T_T

but this was really cute! I love Lovino and Antonio and they are just so cute together. Your story was kind of dark, but without it, it would be like every other fluff out there. It is yours and yours only and I wish it would keep going, but you picked a perfect place to end it! I'm so glad that they are together, some parts had me really worried about them and the ending was really meaningful! I loved this fanfic, can't wait to see what you do next!
Lys de Pluie chapter 9 . 2/20/2010
No idea for the artist of the song but...

I grinned all the way through the last chapter. As much as each one before was so very very sad, this one made my day (wait, strike that, night, it's half past midnight here xD) because of its beauty and the joy inside :) The way Spain decided to show Romano how hower he'd look, he'd still be the most beautiful and important person to him... I melted on the spot, completely :') And how Romano slightly came back to his old self (watch your mouth! xD) even though he still has changed so much and is ready to accept it...

No matter how much keyboard smashing I could do, it would never express how deeply this touched me and made me go all "d'aw" and unable to actually express everything I'd like to with mere words 3
Pomodoro Crisi chapter 9 . 2/20/2010
I'm so sad it's over! Damn, I don't think I ever even reviewed this before now... epic failure for me.

I love Antonio, he's such a cheesy dork. I'm also glad Lovi turned out happy in the end, cause I was worried he was going to get a sad ending for a while. It does say angst, after all.

Aw I'm gonna miss squealing when I saw this was updated, it was fun and freaked out some of the mean people at school once too, lol. It was really good and adorable and sad and I just loved it.
Pirate-chan chapter 8 . 2/17/2010
OH MY FLIPPING GOD! *fumes* I HAD THIS REVIEW GOING FOR YA, AND NOW I HAVE TO RE-TYPE IT OUT AND CRAP! GOSHDANGIT!

*is just about ready to punch hole into some poor, random wall*

He embroiders and talks to air.

ouch...

“If you ask me America and England have more the just a ‘good diplomatic relationship’.”

YAYAYAYAYAYAY USxUK! 3

“Of course France is a different case. Man, woman, nation. He’ll do anything as long as it moves and makes the right sounds.”

“Well, that’s no surprise,” that was Citti again, “Everyone knows the French are perverted drunkards. What kind of a soldier is more obsessed with color coordination then camouflage?”

*lols* oh dear, what are we going to do with that frog? xD

so true, though!

I shrugged, “Not really. No one cares about me. Why would they?” I smirked, acting like it was some big joke that I was in on, “I’m something less then special. Every nation thinks I’m a hard to handle brat.”

Way to play on his Inferiority complex

After that he left. And I started writing. To you. Or pretending to. Because maybe I can delude myself into thinking that you’re waiting for me long enough to get me out of this hell. And because when I said that no one cares about me I was hoping that I was wrong, and that maybe you care. Not that I’m betting on it. Not that you’d care like I do.

Your words are laced with hints towards poor Lovi's complex... poor lovi!

I do, but I don’t want to say it.

*shrugs* idk...i just really like this line... *shrugs again*

“That man Citti?” I say, “He was killed two days later.”

Poor Citti and his family...

This was another amazing chapter, my dear! Is this the final one, or will you be awesome and write just a bit more? 8D

Ugh...it's not the same as the first review...damn lack of light and keyboard... *huffs*

you get the point though...

LOVE IT3
EEevee chapter 8 . 2/11/2010
I've really enjoyed the progression of this fic and the exploration of Romano's deep issues caused by the war. How he slowly regains himself, and of course how Spain is there for him. Very nice.