Reviews for High Hopes
Brievel chapter 1 . 9/20
The poor clones always got a rough deal, I think in many ways, Order 66 and the following were even harder on them than on the Jedi - they were peacefully dead and out of it. The boys had to live with themselves afterward.
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
This is credible and very sad. I had not considered before that Cody would have had to go against not only his own conscience but Obi-Wan's leadership and honorable policies. Very sad to see what became of Rex as well. I am thinking this is AU, but I don't think Cody could live with himself if forced to become a cold-blooded murderer in canon, so it seems in character. I always thought Obi-Wan would be a just and gentle leader, so to lose that and truly become a slave and expendable...That has to hurt. And then knowing it's one's own fault. Good work.
The Righterzpen chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
"This is not your fault child; none of it is."

This was not true though and Cody knew it; If he really felt that he held no accountablity for his actions - he wouldn't have killed himeself to escape the maddening guilt.

If you read accounts of Nazis who "went on" after the WWII; they either absolved themselves of their crimes by jumping through some sort of mental hoops, or they killed themselves. A very few engaged in some spiritual quest to find forgiveness from God for the sins they'd committed. Cory Ten Boon (concentration camp survivor) encounterd one such former Nazi (she recognized him; he'd been a guard in the camp) at a talk she gave. He was a trying reminder to her as to what forgiveness really is.

Very well written story though. Pointed and tragic. One of the few "fanfics" I've read that accuratly protrays the horror of war.
BunBun Fett chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
WOW. Just. WOW.

I can't add or say anything to this. I can merely stand and be awed.

Absolutely powerful.
Queen chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
This is so sad. I loved Aftermath, and this just builds on it. Everything really is falling apart at the seams. I can't imagine the clones not having any reaction to what they're doing, what they've become. Is there an official canon stating what happens to Cody post RotS? Or any of the clones?
Ms.MaraJade chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Well done! I have to admit that I have no doubts that this is how it could possibly be after the Clone Wars ended and the Empire began. I can't imagine every clone soldier being blindly devoted when the honor of the war was over. They are still humans beneath everything the Kaminoans had tried to bestow in their psyche.

Great depiction of a potential future!

Take care.
ThisMortalCoil chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
This was really good. I loved it! It almost made me cry though.