Reviews for Deep River
PhantomeLily chapter 1 . 7/25
I think you portrayed Mikoto's life beautifully, I can completely imagine this being canon.
Xcherokee chapter 1 . 7/4
I feel so bad for the whole clan. For itachi bc he was forced to kill every one. For saskue bc he grew up in loneliness and hatred when he could've grown up with the love of his mother. For mikoto bc she is such a sweet women and did not deserve this. For shisue bc he's freaking adorable and he had to sacrifice him self. I hate Danzo so much and the third hokage from keeping this from saskue and I just feel bad for there little family. There could've been a different way instead of killing everybody.
amr56 chapter 1 . 8/17/2015
This is beautifully written and heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing.
theramblingrose chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Your writing is so beautiful. I'm reading pretty much every fic of yours I can get my hands on, despite the fact that I'm not even familiar with some of these fandoms...
mooomooOCOW chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
wow...That was actually like amazing. THe build up the characteriaaizzaatation. It was just beautiful. *cries*
Freya's Valhalla chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
"The daugther of the river..."

I really liked this. It was beautiful how you portrayed Mikoto; as a person, woman, wife and mother. Also, I have to say it's very pleasing to read a Mikoto fic where Fugaku is not a total ass, but a man comitted to his duty (which is what he was).

Also, the way Itachi grows more and more a part from Mikoto through the years was very realistic and heartbreaking.
anmah chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Wonderful...I found the emphasis on nature to be fascinating, in every section there is some mention of nature and the river. Perhaps it is an allusion to Mikoto's character, her personality as a child, playing by the river with flowers in her hair?

Well, your use of description is beautiful and astounding. You put such depth into your words. Even in this, more sorrowful tale, there is some whimsy to your words - the whimsy that I have seen in some of your other stories. I am very impressed, I certainly hope that you continue writing and perhaps publish a novel someday. Or perhaps...You already have? :D

All the best,

Anmah
Just Miki chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I have read and am consistantly enthralled by alot of your work. I first read you Naruto fic that had many points of view and amazing clairity so much so that it stunned me. It had been some time since then and i was very pleased to find your wokr again and i am currently working my way through it. You have quite a talent.

thanks

-Just Miki
Sweetest Possible Revenge chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
This gave me goosebumps.
St. Harridan chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
A beautifully written piece of fanfiction. Great job on this.
RougeAngleOfSatin chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Oh that was beautiful. I got a little teary eyed near the end. I love the depth you gave to her as a person. Thank you Kishimoto for leaving under-developed characters to fanfic authors.
Sayah Yuki chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
This is a really amazing story I really like how you gave her character actual depth and it was very injoyable
Pandastacia chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I'm bad at leaving reviews, so... here goes!

I don't think I need to tell you how good this is. It's so rare to find a story where you can actually get into the mind of the character so well that you can hardly tell the mental distinction. It's poignant and it makes me smile & want to cry in turns. Mikoto makes sense, with this- why she did the things she did or didn't do, in the manga, & i loved how she saw... something in Itachi just when he was born.

I'm the kind of... reader (or just person) who runs through things really fast. I read fast & having to slow down is generally something of a drag, but I didn't mind taking my time with this, absorbing the details a little at a time.

Thank you for writing this. It was... more than a pleasure to read & I can't quite describe it.

... so I totally don't feel like a complete nitwit right now. .;

-sonya
Phamalama chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Awww this is so tragic! I love the innocent and loving Mikoto so much! And she totally saw the true reason for the massacre behind Itachi's eyes... he had to kill everyone under Hokage's orders. Luckily, his connection with Sasuke too hard to break and he let him live. My friend recommended this fic and I'm so glad to read a great perspective on this pairing~
otto357 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
that was really beautiful story :D