Reviews for Away in a Manger
LullabiesCradle chapter 1 . 6/8
i read this story for the first time when i was 10 years old, one of the earliest fanfictions i can remember reading. imagine my shock when i find this one again and reread the story at 24, and the story is still as wonderful the first time i read it a decade and a half ago

i dont know if you even have access to this account anymore, but i wanted to leave my review, 10/10 downloaded to read again later
Wheezy52 chapter 25 . 3/16
Beautiful story. So well written. Perfect characters.
JSLForLife chapter 1 . 1/16
I don’t know if you will see this review but I loved this story. It made laugh and cry! It was great!
Elise Nicole chapter 25 . 12/26/2023
This was an absolutely beautiful and wonderfully written story. It was well worth the read from start to finish! The character development and lives of the three generations of Prince/Snape men over multiple Christmases was heartwarming, funny and superbly crafted. Family is not about blood, but about who we choose to bring into our lives to love and hold dearest to us. Excellent story, five stars!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2023
Wonderful story, so many parallels. I loved seeing a Severus not at Hogwarts, an independent Snape who used his exemplary intelligence and self discipline to rise professionally and to apply same to his personal life. Wonderful family that came together, excellent illustrations of family challenges and how to rise and grow from them. I thought the first year troll and stone incidents were handled well. Loved having Augustus take care of Riddle. Loved that Albus had very very small part, and really loved that he got what he deserved! Also good to see Sirius at the end as well, that old dog will be growing up fast. Enjoyed your writing, and I see there are more stories. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.
Mary B Anderson chapter 25 . 9/21/2023
What a wonderful and heart wrenching story. Very well done. Bravo!
Selene Aduial chapter 25 . 9/18/2023
Someone recommended this story and I have to say that it did not disappoint. Severus did a really good job with raising Harry as his son. The story was quite cute.
duj chapter 23 . 8/1/2023
Hotspur should have escorted Dumbledore off the grounds too (with prejudice). What a gall to bring an unregenerate enemy of the chief mourner to a funeral - especially a funeral with restricted entry, by invite only.
duj chapter 11 . 7/31/2023
What a lot of overheated uninformed comment.

Augustus was last parenting at a time when corporal punishment for misbehaving children was not only *not* illegal, but widely (uniformly?) touted as parenting best practice:
"Spare the rod and spoil the child."

So of course he's going to use a ruler or other implement on a Harry who has disobediently put himself in danger and then lied about it - and he'll do it in all innocence too because, no, back then grandparents, relatives, or any other supervising adult *didn't* need to ask parental permission for corporal punishment. It was the norm. (Even strangers in the street might deal out summary "discipline" in the absence of a supervising parent - and possibly tell the parent off too, when they met him/her, for not bringing up their child right.)

Those were different days. I'm glad I didn't live through them. Bad enough that I'm old enough to remember when domestic/child abuse was considered a spousal/parental right, and the police wouldn't intervene unless someone got killed. Teachers used straps and canes - some boys in my class caught it every day of school - and many parents resorted to the wooden spoon...

Your-Snape - like book-Snape - doesn't believe in hitting kids. Good on him. Very in-character; canon-Snape is a non-violent sort who won't hit back even at an animal that's trying to kill him, let alone at people. (I always find it odd how many people think it's funny or appropriate for movie-Snape to push Harry and Ron on the head in that study hall scene.)
Ghostwriter chapter 25 . 6/10/2023
Beautiful story. I love it.
csheila chapter 3 . 5/21/2023
Abused kids have to grow up quicker
csheila chapter 2 . 5/21/2023
Get him some help
csheila chapter 1 . 5/21/2023
Interesting

Let’s see if the letter survived
Grosvenor chapter 25 . 3/17/2023
Great story. Well done!
Grosvenor chapter 21 . 3/17/2023
Oh, dear,poor Sev! I am laughing because he's going to have to give The Talk about how babies are made and sex and the differences between the genders,lol! 8)
2,329 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »