Reviews for Asterisms
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
I thought this was really clever and really well done. I'd definitely love to read more if you choose to continue it, but ending it here is just as well. Awesome work!
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
This is a very interesting story. Future Dean and Past Dean have a very complicated you're-me-but-not relationship, but they're handling the duality surprisingly well. Or maybe it really shouldn't be that surprising, considering some of the supernatural problems they've dealt with, including Sam being possessed by Lucifer. I like how you stress the difference in how they view Sam, with Past Dean still fondly thinking of Sam and Future Dean just trying to forget the last six years.
Bloodmoon-Shinigami chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
I could go for some Dean on Dean slash in this...ahem. I thought I'd have a harder time figuring out which Dean was doing what, but you managed to keep them clearly separated.

I'd love to see more of this if you ever decided to expand it. If not, it left off at an appropriately enigmatic point.

Poor Dean, stuck in the messy future without a chance to right his own world and missing his Sammy. I definitely find this AU intriguing.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
I sure all the denizens of this universe were extremely glad when it winked out of existence when Dean called Sam back and stopped that future.

I really would like to hear Sam's explanation about when he got caught jerking off to pictures of Miss Piggy.
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Beautiful stuff - what an odd but telling look at an aftermath to this story. And just loved how each of them was Dean - no twists or shenanigans with pronouns and past Dean present Dean.

PHoebe
Idon'tdoshorts chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
I went looking for more Drive 'verse and found this perfect little gem. I absolutely love it. It's a great idea and the settings, the characters, the dialogue, the tone (isolation, tension, camaraderie, regret, humour - mostly at Chuck's expense of course...) are all perfectly created. I know I've never sat and watched this, so how can I see it so clearly? It's precision craftmanship. The emotions - Dean's feelings towards his younger self, both their feelings about Sam - so beautifully done and so moving, just superb. I like the way you don't label the two Deans, and really there is no need, they're so separate. Like the way you calmly introduce Dean's injury (his pinned-up sleeve? What?), so we feel we've happened into the middle of their ongoing lives. It's a wonderful story - thank you very much.
LivingForTv chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Wow. That was intense! Very good! Do you intend to do more?
neonchica chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Wow - incredible. I was wondering how you were going to distinguish between the two, and at first when I realized you were going to call both Dean I was thinking it was going to get very confusing very fast. But it didn't. You did a great job at giving each their own personality in order to distinguish one from the other even in the same sentence! And I could totally see this encounter go down - fantastic!

Only leaves one question...and you had to know this was coming... When do we ge the story about what happened to Deans arm?

Great work - can't wait to see more from you!

nc
SPNsilver chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
I was SO excited to see your author alert in my in box - I love your stories - and this is no exception! Writing the two Deans had the potential to be really confusing, but you explored and developed them so well - perfect. Maz101 summed it up so well - I don't know what else to add. The frustration, jealousy and sometimes distaste futureDean has for pastDean is so telling. Love it! More please!
Mad Server chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
You took a complex situation and explored it in gorgeous, fascinating, hurty ways. For this I smish you. :)
Wicked Rebel chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
very beautiful story.. sad too.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
This is such a clever premise - why hasn't anyone built further upon this before? I'm glad it was you - you will do/are already doing it such justice. The show and JA established the differences of present and future Dean so well and you are building on that - with added angst of course. It's telling how future Dean recognises that people seem to prefer his past self but the strengths that make his character are still prevalent and needed. The six years of separation seem huge in your Deans' attitiudes to their lost brother and yet their shared history is their touchstone.

The tender moments were beautifully done - the shoelaces; the memories; the need for acknowledgement. I'm fascinated to read more.
drkstormynite chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Whoa.

Good story.

Different and sad and just...whoa.

Poor Dean.

Poor other Dean.

*head hurts*

I had trouble sometimes figuring out which Dean was which but this was a great story.

So sad.

And they both love their Sammy...sigh.
Anne1013 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Well, it took me a minute to figure out which was which, but the light finally came on. I can see why future Dean would be so frustrated with past Dean. Past Dean hasn't seen all that he has and been through it all and he still retains so of his hopefulness. Like looking at the stars. Past Dean sees the beauty in them still and I am not sure that Future Dean does. And Future Dean thinks that everyone likes Past Dean more which is evident by the fact that the others no longer call him Dean.

This is very interesting and I am looking forward to more.

Anne
Pallina chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
I can't tell you how excited I was to get this alert in my Inbox! As usual, stellar work...I've never been disappointed with story of yours yet, and this one is no exception. Beautiful imagery here, it made me choke up in places, to read it. You write all the characters so well, so vividly, I can see the this playing out in my head as clearly as if it were on my TV! Excellent job...thanks for making my day :) I'm looking forward to the next chapter of "Eyes" (totally understand the delay, by the way) - I know you won't disappoint ;)