Reviews for How Old?
kushera Knez chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Yeah! A 40 year old woman wearing mini skirts is gross
OzGeek chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Thank you.

I found this story after doing a search on Abby's age from that NCIS:LA episode. Someone had reviewed my story Non-immaculate Conception quoting this episode because I put Abby in her *gasp* late 30s. I have an author note on that story that covers some of this.

The conversation in Hiatus 2 (end season 3) went:

ABBY: Can you imagine how scary that would be to lose the last fifteen years of your life?

MCGEE: Oh, my God.

ABBY: What?

MCGEE: I’d still be in high school.

...

MCGEE: And where were you fifteen years ago, Abby?

ABBY: So where did you find Gibbs?

Abby had finished high school 15 years ago from Hiatus 2. If she were mid 20's in season 7 (NCIS:LA)then she be early 20 in season 3 and 5-7 years old 15 years ago from Hiatus 2.

We also know:

In Model Behaviour (S3) Abby says she has been considering novel ways to die for the last 25 years. She probably didn't start thinking about this from the moment she was born. That makes her AT LEAST 29 by season 7.

In About face (S5) Abby says she got her lip stuck in a vacuum cleaner display at age 22.

The CBS character profile put out in season 1 (it's reproduced on my reference library) puts Abby as 'late twenties'. Unless she's aging in reverse, she's pushing 40.
STLFAN chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Cute story - I like it. I like anything Gabby. Thanks for sharing.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I don't have any particular interested in Gabby fic, but this was still fun. Abby certainly doesn't *look* forty :P
Harleyzgirl chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Finally! Thank you so much for writing this fic. I have been tempted to write one for years to explain why Abby is more likely to be dating Gibbs over McGee.

I, too believe that Abby is about the same age as the actress who plays her. And, yes, Pauley does look amazing for her age.

Well written.
Eleanor J chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
LOL. This bugged me about the episode too. I actually had to pause my tivo and stop and think a moment. It makes no sense for Abby to be in her late 20's. Thanks for writing this.
Stepheyy chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
OMG, Im still trying to figure out how Abby is only in her late 20's. What did she get hired while she was in college or something? I mean Tony has been working there for around 9 years. 7 seasons and two years before that(as mentioned)

But yeah for a 40 year old damn she looks good.
LucindaC chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
I so agree. Good story!
Paw Print Pajamas chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
I'm not saying that it isn't weird that they gave her such a young age but it is possible. She was there at the same time as Stan but not any of the other agents that was on Gibbs team. If she had been there longer she would have at least known Langer who was Gibbs probie before Stan. So let's say she was seventeen when she entered college making her 20 when she graduates and then she enters NCIS right away. She would be 29 as of season seven. And Pauley is already 40. She was born in March.

Abby tends to date men around her own age or older, she never would have date McGee back in season one (23 or 24) if he was over ten years younger than she is.

The episode you're looking for I believe is 3x17 'Ravenous'.

Plus, Tony became an agent in fall of 2001 making it past his eight year mark. In 'Hung Out to Dry' it is mentioned that he had just passed his two year mark. Though Tony complaining about being middle aged kinda confused me because he's only 39 on the show. Middle age is 44plus.

I wouldn't take the intro eps as gospel becuause it also mentioned that Gibbs had been an agent for 18 years when Kelly and Shannon hadn't even been dead for that long. Gulf War was in 1991.

Please don't take this a flame I just wanted to prove that is possible for Abby to 29 even if it doesn't make sense for an actress her age to be playing someone so young.
KellyRoxton chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Loved your story. However Pauley is already 40 she turned that in March. Grins.. I keep reminding my brother that he is the same age :) It's a good story. GREAT Job...
Kat8790 chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Such a great story! I hope you do a sequel, maybe? Please? :D Keep up the awesome work!
Sophies-Welt chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Great done! And now the continuation. Want to see the reaction of the team! Pretty please!
Kyp chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Good Job. I noticed that little slip of the tongue and wondered if they really expected us to believe Abby was in her 20's.
raven612 chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Haha I loved this story a lot! And you are right about Abby being much older than her twenties. Abby, and I believe Pauley too, both went to college and have their masters in Forensics which getting a Masters would take 8 years so if you figure Abby went to college right after high school she'd have been about 18, then when she graduates college with her masters, and assuming she didn't take any time off between semesters, she would have been 26 when she graduated college and then assuming again she gets her job at NCIS right after college and she's been there now for, lets guess about...well what you have in your fic, 15 years, then she would be about...40-41 :D This is the argument I always bring up when people slam the Gabby ship, they try and say she's so young, which really, she is not!

Okay, anyways, I loved this story, it was so fun and I could see Abby and Gibbs having this conversation! Though, I don't know about you, but I wish NCIS:LA would've had Gibbs and his team in it, I wanted to see their reactions so bad! I hope they touch on the subject of Abby's capture on the next new NCIS episode!

Awesome job!
Berlian chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Ooh..i'm so glad there's a fanfic about this episode.. I LOVE IT.. and you make it about Abby age is a plus;) absolutely agree with you, pauley is really beautiful and i'm shock when i know her age..she's definitely can pass as a twenty something