Reviews for A Storm From the West
Cantare chapter 5 . 7/20/2013
I love your stories. They're the right balance of adventure, mystery, and character relationships. You've handled Shikamaru and Temari really well in both your stories and given Shikamaru (and the reader) the mental challenges that are expected for fics featuring him.

I also like how you've invented different clans and jutsus (the Neji story about the blood-related kekkei genkai was great) and woven them seamlessly into your plots. I can clearly imagine them appearing in canon.

I hope that you haven't abandoned this story! I look forward to an update.
Hiyoshi Ren chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Gulp...These girls are dangerous...

Ty for the great story.
Reading Nut Cassirole chapter 5 . 2/17/2013
O.M.G. THIS STORY IS AMAZING! please update soon i cant wait to find out wat happens

keep up the good work :)
Guest chapter 5 . 12/24/2012
OP stopped updating

Did he died
MorganBanner chapter 5 . 7/26/2011
The whole dialogue between Shikamaru and his students was hilarious. It would have been even better if Temari had come up and overheard them.

I wonder if there's a Deer summon that the Nara clan has...

Can't wait to read the next chapter!
MorganBanner chapter 3 . 7/26/2011
Yes, I think the little blurbs are quite interesting, and give some insight into Temari's and Shikamaru's characters, as well as highlighting the differences between then.

Great story!
MorganBanner chapter 2 . 7/26/2011
If I were Shikamaru and Temari suddenly walked into my class, this is what I would have been thinking:

It would be like a nightmare come true.

Now Shikamaru just needs to have Sakura conspiring against him, and his doom would be complete.
MorganBanner chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
I believe Shikamaru is experiencing odd sensations of chills at this moment, not knowing that his doom is being plotted. *evil smile* A very interesting begining, especially with the inclusion of Taro.

I have a suggestion, though. Between the paragraphs:

"No, I think you have an excellent chance of winning the support of Ino Yamanaka."

Temari had some trouble finding the shop, despite the Hokage's detailed directions.

I would suggest putting some sort of page break. It makes transitional scenes like that a lot easier, because it tells the reader to breathe for a second before continuing. Otherwise the reader just breezes right through it, only to have to go back an re-read it because they don't understand how the character moved from one place to another so quickly. Even a few extra spaces would do. Just a suggestion, though.
AnotherLostChance chapter 5 . 11/24/2010
OMG this is getting better with every word -sob-

please continue as soon as you can! :) much love
Sabi2 chapter 4 . 10/29/2010
Wow! I started with Hints on the Wind and realized you were working on a sequel. I love them both! Hope to read more soon!
Ixae chapter 5 . 8/3/2010
This story is awesome, just as good as its prequel! Although I must admit, it seems slightly out of character for Temari to ask Tsunade for permission to make Shikamaru's life miserable. I picture her just storming into the Leaf and antagonizing him. But whatever, it still works just fine. Also, I love the idea of quotes for the beginning of each chapter, showing how opposite they are in their beliefs and whatnot. Very cool idea! Would you mind if I borrowed that idea for a possible future story?
Plastic Cello chapter 4 . 7/18/2010
The newest blurb was by far my favorite; both Shikamaru and Temari's answers were funny.

This chapter was equally as great as the others; I'm glad to see that Temari is beginning to recognize what she wants from Shikamaru, and how he ended up bumbling after getting on (somewhat) good terms with her.

The bear incident and Shikamaru's thoughts afterwards was probably my favorite scene in the chapter. They're both acting irrational in some ways, and putting others in danger because of it. Maybe that'll wake them up a bit. :)
Plastic Cello chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
You could really see the differences between Shikamaru and Temari in this chapter, I think. Their philosophies are very different and maybe that's why they seem to be a good match for one another.

The bridge trap was pretty incredible; how you described it was amazingly vivid and I started to feel badly for Shikamaru for getting on Temari's bad side.

As for the blurbs on the top of the chapters, I personally love them. It showcases Temari and Shikamaru's difference even more, merely from their opinions on basic things. :)
Plastic Cello chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
One of my favorite scenes definitely had to be Taro's botched attack on Shikamaru, and how Shikamaru used him for a bit of information.

I really love how you portray Shikamaru; no one has done it any better, and I'm in awe of your skills. :D
Plastic Cello chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
I was happy to see a sequel to 'Hints on the Wind'; Temari hell bent on revenge is such a fun concept after Shikamaru left abruptly in the previous story.

I like that she has allies in Tsunade and Ino; Ino's anger was particularly amusing. It was a great chapter as always. :D
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »