Reviews for Christmas Shoes
HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
You're right, it was dumb, but it made me giggle so much. Again, wonderful Ron moment.
N. E. Won chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
I thought I was the only one! I HATE that song but everyone is always telling me "How can you hate it; it's beautiful" and it's soo not. What's beautiful about someone dying on christmas? And for some reason it was on all the time on the radio this past Christmas, nearly ruining my favorite holiday! Anyway, the story is not as bad as you think. The ending was rather inconclusive so the story didn't really go anywhere but that's okay! I still enjoyed it. I think it's because you're such a great writer.
JoeBob1379 chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Haha, the ending is hilarious!

And I have to disagree with your reason for hating that song. The way I see it, that little boy's mom was dying anyway. The man is saying that God sent that little boy to be in that place at that time to remind the man that Christmas is about love.

Either way, loved the story. Lol.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
I don't know the song, but thi sis a rather sweet little story and shows how much the children should appreciate Molly.
allanfrontrow chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Hi Hawk,

It's going wall, thanks for asking.

One of the (very few) benefits of living in England is that I have never actually heard this song. I know that I shouldn't but just from your brief description I can feel my gag reflex stirring. Of course that could just be last nights beer.

Anyway, is the story stupid? Yes probably, but it really doesn't matter as you can get a long way on well written stupid.

Merry Christmas? I was rather hoping that we would be hearing from you around the weekend of the 19th.

If not have a Merry (& pain free) Christmas.

Cheers,

Al.
CutewithAcapital-Q chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
I Dispise that song as well It's just a bad song and it's way too over played it's the reason I avoid the radio during the holidays on tha likelihood that song comes on! ACK!

Wow, that was a wonderful distraction, I liked that carcrash analogy in your notes, every year since the song was written without fail my family listens to it followed by complaints from yours truly and without fail I have the same argument with a family member about why it's so terrible, and I am so using it! fun and yes quite stupid peice, but hey we all have our weak moments!

Forget you? Nonsense! the DocX dealy didn't send it on sunday night like I wanted and when I hadn't heard back from you in a few days I figured One of three things, 1 you simply didn't get it 2 you fell down another flight of stairs, or 3 you hated my corrections so much you refused to even talk to me again! (Yes that was an actual option!)

So no quetsions about said corrections? Nothing?

Of course you'll hear from my I don't leave for another week silly!
urbanmama chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Very cute and seasonal... You certainly got the R/H convo down right. Thanks!
KelseyBea chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
I liked this story! It was pretty short yes... And it didn't have too much in it but it was good!

I had to laugh at the end though that was so funny! Hahahahhahaha silly Ron! Hahahahahahaa

wel anyway I liked it! Good job!
Bookjunkie-22 chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Love your story, so funny!

BTW I agree completely about the song I HATE it! Not only is the guy selfish but hello this is a young child, I know his mother is laying in a bed somewhere dying but is his family really that stupid that they have they're aren't keeping tabs on the kid? Really? He was able to leave and go all the way to Wal-Mart or wherever to buy these damn shoes so "Momma will look good for Jesus" Like Jesus is really gonna say to this woman, "Well you weren't as good as you could have been in your life, in fact you sinned alot, but Hey! Check out your shoes! Come on in!" That song is horrible, but your story is not I love it. Ron is adorable!
Awefulbeautifullife chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
This story was well written, funny, and had an interesting idea. About the song, I can see your point, although I never thought of it that way. However, couldn't the singer mean that God had made sure it was him standing behind the little boy instead of some other a$$hole that wouldn't have helped or gotten the message? Just a thought.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Thanks for sharing your original tale! I never heard the song, but you'd think if that fellow really thought about it, he'd do more for the poor child than buy him some shoes, like get mom to a doctor or at least give the kid a handfull of cash or SOMETHING. Geez, I'm rather poor and I do more for my fellow man than a pair of shoes! I can see how you'd find the song irritating.

and how true to life your story is, Ron being touched by the song that just irritated him.

Happy holidays to you!
Avanell chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
What a lovely story! Although I don't think I know that song.
Bluerain22 chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
aww, that was sweet, not stupid at all. I 3 Ron :) Thanks for sharing.
redundantaccount chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
I love this, you should be glad you posted it! Well written, and tugs at the heartstrings, and humourous at the end. (:
Pattox0111 chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
lol that was... different? Nah, that was good

Keep up the cool work,