Reviews for Order Up
Frog1 chapter 4 . 1/10/2010
Good chapter, but you didn't show Short Stack's turn or Shadow's insults to her attempts.
zenbon zakura chapter 4 . 1/9/2010
hehehehehe lol

i bet he threw her lol

hurry update!
Asterisk78 chapter 4 . 1/9/2010
Awesome chapter. I especially enjoyed the "pain is educational" bit XD Gotta love clueless greenshirts.

~Asterisk*
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 4 . 1/9/2010
Oh, lord. This brought back many happy memories. I love love LOVE watching new students spar with the upper belts during sizing up. They ALWAYS try to nut-kick after they start getting desperate. My fiance'(Who is, by the way, just below our Sensei in the command structure of my class) actually got some pretty good hang time out of a kid last week. Kid deserved it, though; he was being a smartass and talked back to an upper belt. BIG no-no in a Dojo.

And Storm is right. Pain is educational. I learned a lOT the first time I walked onto the mats with my Sensei. Yes. I tried a groin strike. No, I could not walk for about twenty minutes. Yes, I still wince painfully at that memory.

I think Storm Shadow might be enjoying putting the fear of God into the fresh meat just a little bit. "grins"

And thanks. I'm not going to be able to get that phrase out of my head all day either.
AtlantisGirl12 chapter 4 . 1/9/2010
Great chapter! If I were Annie, I would make sure to be in Scarlett's group next time. ;)
trecebo chapter 4 . 1/9/2010
Congrats on getting your bros to 'fess up for 'research' purposes! Nothing like firsthand info to make life more fun.

Nut a ninja...I nearly lost my chicken then...That is a great line.

Also, the newbies being not so great at hand-to-hand? Excellent. I get so tired of characters who can 'best' a ninja, much less Scarlett. Keeping it real in the Joe-verse!
willwrite4fics chapter 4 . 1/9/2010
This is such a fun story, and you have such talant at writing hysterical turns of phrase. According to the comic in general, greenshirts are sometimes given joke nicknames until they make Joe status. So you got it pretty much correct. Some names are more normal, some are derogatory according to stupid stuff they've done.. so you get a mix. Well done!

I'm good with any bacon, so whatever bacon the ninja's don't want, I'll eat. I'd ALMOST sneak bacon off their plate, but I do actually have uses for my fingers, so probably not.

I love your snarky StormShadow, and he does come off as a very GOOD instructor.

I cannot wait for more! Great work!
MagD chapter 3 . 1/2/2010
Ohh, this is so good!
zenbon zakura chapter 3 . 12/25/2009
hahahahahhahaha! awesome! sounds like tommy alright lol

hurry update!
Dragonsdaughter1 chapter 3 . 12/21/2009
Fun story!
Rutga chapter 3 . 12/18/2009
Once again, you've started a well-written story with excellent characterizations. Although they've been minor characters so far, all the established Joes are portrayed in an accurate manner. The OCs are very well done. You've established them and given them unique personalities without bogging the story down in needless details.
trecebo chapter 3 . 12/14/2009
Heck yeah! I like this. I want more, since you've got a great character *original!* going here. She rocks with her outsider view of the Joes. Bring. It. On.
Angel Commando chapter 3 . 12/13/2009
Haha. Hopefully Poor 'Stack will learn to live with picky ninjas and people who hide their ranks so well. But who knows, maybe they will love 'Stack enough that they could oversee her obliviousness.

Then again, if I was told that there was ninjas on a base, and said base had the loosest dress regs ever, I would probably be wondering if somebody was pulling my leg and keeping me on an episode of PUNK'D. Poor 'Stack. Please let her live until her fourth day. Lord knows that the Joes team could use a short one. xD
Frog1 chapter 3 . 12/12/2009
Well, she has a lot of guts in trying to not let fear show in her face when she talked to Snake Eyes. And she's right, animals should not be in professional kitchens, private/home kitchens it's another story.
slapshot22 chapter 3 . 12/12/2009
Short Stack would hate my kitchen, dogs around everywhere and cats on the counter! Her reaction to Snakes in his full battle gear was great! Don't stand between a ninja and his crispy bacon! Hee! But ninjas? Nah! I love that she's still in doubt. :)
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »