Reviews for Like Family
Guest chapter 4 . 12/24/2019
Excellent!
Guest chapter 14 . 7/18/2019
This is one of my favorite DWP stories. You write them so well. I really like Andy's grandma.
Guest chapter 14 . 11/13/2018
I really love how you write dwp! Love this story!
sybil 013 chapter 14 . 9/24/2018
Ty GinStan...your a lover...

Jena~
eelojnil chapter 14 . 5/23/2018
Awesomer!
Guest chapter 14 . 4/28/2018
I love your writing. Loved this story!
Rica Moreno Guarnes chapter 2 . 4/25/2018
Envy envy...
priestlys chapter 14 . 4/13/2018
This was such a charming “chapter” in the Like saga. I’m a sucker for good family fluff with just a little sex thrown in and this was just that. I now know why everyone in the Mirandy group praises your family-oriented stories and I can now confirm the praise is well deserved. Thanks for the story, and on to the next! :)
priestlys chapter 13 . 4/13/2018
Gram continues to be a favorite, and the adorable seating arrangement at the end of Andy’s birthday party made my heart flutter.

But seriously, Gram essentially taking on Richard and defending not just Andy but her new friend Miranda... so good.
priestlys chapter 12 . 4/13/2018
Miranda filled in the thought. "She doesn't have a problem with that. What she has a problem with is that other people have a problem with it." Miranda saw the shock in Dottie's eyes and, almost, smiled.
THIS IS SO MY MOM OMFG

"You're gonna love it."
Miranda exhaled slowly. "You are fifty-fifty on that statement, Andrea." She had a smile hiding just under the twitching lips and gamely accompanied the Sachs women into the house.
This is my favorite ongoing joke. I love it so much.

I also really loved that Andy respected Miranda’s request not to sing and took it in stride. I’m not sure why, but this was particularly poignant for me.
priestlys chapter 11 . 4/13/2018
SHE FINALLY PROPOSED AHHHHHH. Waiting for Andy’s family to notice. I love Gram and love that she’s a good match and distraction for Miranda. I love this story, so much.
priestlys chapter 10 . 4/13/2018
Grinning at the small snort Miranda made at that, Andy winked. "Wait until you meet her. You're gonna love her."
That's what you said about the chili.
LOLOLOL

THE PART WHERE SHE CALLS DOROTHY MOM! I laughed so loudly that I once again garnered attention.
priestlys chapter 9 . 4/13/2018
Andy’s continued concern about the girls wearing sunscreen is fucking adorable. And the Sachs’ sticker shock response was funny to me, for some reason.

However, I will say that Andy’s parents and their thinly veiled homophobia infuriate me, which I’m sure was your intent, lol. Either way. Ugh.
priestlys chapter 8 . 4/13/2018
Well... it went better than I thought it would? I enjoy Andy’s brother embracing the fact that he now has nieces and hope he can talk some sense into Andy’s parents so they can see they’re insta-grandparents, lol.
priestlys chapter 7 . 4/13/2018
It's so impossible," Dottie whispered. "Our daughter…with a…"

“I know," Richard felt his stomach churning, "unbelievable. I would have never imagine someone could twist her mind like that."

"How could we have let this happen?" Dot was beside herself with worry. What if the people at church find out?

This is, down to the worry about what people at church would think, how my parents reacted to me coming out, dating a woman 30 years my senior. This was so poignant and rang true for me, so I want to offer sincere thanks for this chapter. 3