Reviews for The Gift
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Danny feels soo bad... he doesn't need to feel so bad, he just does. I wish he didn't, but it seems logical for him.
TenebrisCor chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I love this piece, it fits perfectly with the characters involved.
The note is perfect. It is formal and personal, it feels like something Vlad would send Danny.

A great holiday story - *applause*

-Tenebris-
hopeistheway chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
i absolutley adore it :)

So sweet and deep.
kataang160 chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Aww...This is so sweet... I love the note Vlad gives Danny, it's so personal. I loved it!
1valleygirl3 chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
i love stories were vlad shows a kind and nice side to himself, thanx for writing this, its awsome!
PeterPandaBear chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Very good, very touching.

I'm in love.
frasek06 chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
This was so sweet! I couldnt help saying "aww" through the note. I loved this fic :D
AspergianStoryteller chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
If only Vlad would stop trying to kill Jack, take Maddie, force Danny to become his apprentice/son and maybe cut down on the criminal activity, he and Danny would get along. They could learn a lot from each other and Vlad really does need the emotional comfort. Nice fic.
Kysic chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
The writing in the story flows out nicely; it doesn't really drag out nor does it overuse detail. Danny was nicely kept in character and protrayed in an interesting light. It's kind of sad how lonely Vlad most likely is, especially on Christmas, but I can't really blame Danny for mistrusting him either.

You managed to make me feel a little better after feeling a bit down. Thanks.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
*rolls eyes* for someone that wants to be a hero, he certainly doesn't know when to turn a blind eye to certain things.

great oneshot,

brittney
Kiomori chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
This was really sweet! Sometimes it's hard to see the good side of Vlad, but this is actually believable. The tension at the beginning was good too, and exactly what I would expect from Danny in that situation. I liked it!
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Ooh. I love what you've done here. Danny hates Vlad, but-they aren't so different, really, and Vlad's been through so much to make him what he is, and maybe Danny can't forget that no matter how much he tries.

(I have hope for a continuation, but only if your muse allows you one. :D)

Thanks for writing!
Nimrod The Writer chapter 1 . 12/8/2009

:D

This was absolutely beautiful! I loved all the tension from Danny, and the gift from Vlad was perfect, and Danny's reaction was just -awesome-! Excellent writing, and great job keeping Danny in perfect character.
Your Story Might Suck chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
STYLE: 9

I really like the style of this piece. It moves quickly and fluidly through Danny's thoughts, and doesn't lag with unnecessary fluff.

PLOT: 10

The plotline is quite unexpected. I've always been intrigued by the Danny and Vlad connection, and thought this was an interesting, thoughtful interlude.

CHARACTERIZATION: 8

Danny is just about perfect- rebellious but curious. He also has a great deal of loyalty to his family, and it's quite apparent within the piece. On the other hand, I'm not sure if Vlad would send a Christmas gift to the child of his rival...and then again, Vlad and Maddy have a very Severus Snape/Lily Evans Potter sort of relationship, and it makes some kind of sense that Vlad would have some sort of fondness towards the child of the woman he loved.

EXPOSITION: 9

The through-line of Danny's thoughts is perfectly clear. The exposition is well written, clear, and thoughtful. The writing allows the audience to, for the most part, visualize where Danny is and what he's looking at.

DIALOGUE: 9

There is no dialogue in this piece, and it works well. Some overzealous authors write entire stories in exposition, and the flop. This piece is short and sweet, and dialogue would only bog it down.

THEMATIC MATERIAL: 10

I appreciate the lack of gratuitous language or content in the piece. Danny doesn't swear in the series- why should he in a separate story? The story is clear and uncluttered.

GRAMMAR and SPELLING: 10

No grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors. Even italics are used properly. I am quite impressed.

ORIGINALITY and CREATIVITY: 9

This is an unusual choice for a special holiday piece- most authors choose to write about a Christmas Danny and Sam interlude, or simply to write just about the Fenton family. It's a bold choice to write about an enemy instead.

AUTHENTICITY: 9

There's a lot of great detail within the story- what presents the Fenton family would give to Danny, Danny's dislike of Christmas, the fact that Vlad would call him "Daniel." The one caveat is whether or not Vlad would give Danny a present, but that's more a personal opinion than anything else.

OVERALL SCORE: 9

A great holiday piece, authentic to the characters and the core series, but still unique and enjoyable.

FINAL SCORE: 92 out of 100
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Heh for once Vlad had no hidden motive, guess even on Christmas, the man CAN be like any other person.

Interesting present indeed.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.