Reviews for Arcane Magic
Jess S1 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Well, this is the third time I've read through this delightful little one-shot, and I've enjoyed it every time, so I made myself write a review this time. (Though my cat's not making typing easy, as he wants attention right now...OK, I gave him a treat, that should distract him for a little whilte!)

Moving on.

Your characterization of Alistair was spot on. The just-barely hinted at rivalry/might-be jealousy towards Zevran was fantastic.

Great dialogue.

I love the little hints of romance you threw in. Honestly I wanted you to keep going. I could easily see these lessons develop into a great romance-though obviously that can occur in the game anyway, but the idea of Alistair teaching Neria how to fight really appeals to me. I wish they had something like that in the game... I know that in different character arcs the companions can teach other warriors/rogues/mages their specialties, but wouldn't it be great if they had actual lessons in camp or something? You only hinted at some of the great dialogue they could throw in there!

Ah well. If wishes were always granted...this world would probably be a very strange place. Stranger than it already is, anyway. And we can always dream, can't we?

Anyway, great job! And thanks for the lovely fic to read again, and again, and again! :-D
Ie-maru chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
adorable

plz update soon :)
ashez2ashes chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
It was really refreshing to see a fic examining the details of being an Arcane Mage. I was rather disapointed that the game never really comments on it. I was so hoping someone would be like, "Holy crap! A mage is using a sword!" But alas...
The-Purple-Bunny-Girl chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
wow that was great it soo need another chapter of them after some heavy training all hot and sweaty !
skybound2 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I so rarely read/comment on , but this story filled in a hole that I really wanted to see in the game. I love my little elf-mage arcane warrior, but she WOULD need training to use that sword of hers, so this is just perfect! Excellent job :-D
Kelenthial chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Not a bad story, and it's nice to see an elven heroine commenting on the Arcane Warrior spec. Just... too much Alistair everywhere. It really gets tiring after a while. Oh well. Well done anyway!