Reviews for From Darkness to Light
H42 chapter 11 . 4/22
Great story, however i don't like the spanking.
Thanks for sharing it though, hope you can write more about Harry and Snape.
Ducky1776 chapter 11 . 1/6
I really enjoyed this story. Made a few tears come to my eyes too.
ghostlyghoul chapter 5 . 9/6/2015
aww. I wish I had a snape. Not in a weird way.. I just wish I had someone who was there, who actually cared.
marthapreston4 chapter 8 . 7/13/2015
Using physical punishments on abused kids doesnt work to help them learn discipline it makes it worse especaiillly since no got this kid therapy
marthapreston4 chapter 3 . 7/13/2015
made me cry like a little baby
Guest chapter 7 . 4/30/2015
Favourite chapter ever love it so much never delete they all love harry so much and that sirius remus Lilly tonks James all are overprotective and watch over him all the time
Guest chapter 5 . 4/30/2015
I hope he got teddy a present he should get custody of teddy and he lives with him and snape
mysinger chapter 11 . 2/19/2015
Excellent story! I didn't want it to end :) I especially enjoyed Harry's dream encounter with his lost family. Well done!
isabella black444 chapter 11 . 11/16/2014
awww so cute :)
Griffin Raven chapter 10 . 7/17/2014
I really do think that Harry could do with the positive experiences as child - such as being deaged to say 10yrs or young and being under Severus guardianship to experience how a child should be looked after and treated. I think that how Harry deals with his anger, wearing his largely to due to learnt behaviour of how his muggle relaties behaved towards him - thus unconditioned behaviour, in that Vernon Dursley always reacted with anger by rasing his voice and violence especially towards Harry. Also that Harry was probably never allowed to show emotions of happiness, sadness only misery and most certainly not anger at the Dursley's as they only resulted in more pain for him.

Despite Harry's vocal protests towards Severus towards Harry's most recent behaviour - he could stopped his agreement towards Severus assignment schedule at any time. So Harry must want someone correct his behaviour to literally punish the feelings of guilt and failure out of him. As if hurts Harry so much to care, despite feeling that no one seems at all concerned over just how he feeling adrift!
Griffin Raven chapter 7 . 7/17/2014
I can't help but that despite Harry wanting his mother to talk to Severus about his punishment, that a part of Harry wants someone to make him accountable for his actions - because after all someone punishing you for bad behaviour does sort of show someone cares about you enough to punish you. I think Harry's lack that type of parental figure most of his life - adults have made allowances for his behaviour even made it easier for him to do so - Harry's never had anyone to hold him or accountable. After all what do points, detentions matter when Dumbledore's egging him or encouraging his behaviour because that what the headmaster did and also not allowing him to be punished like any other student.

Bet Severus is going to be very mad at Harry's drinking, going to hogsmeade and his behaviour towards the aurors - but those questions that Harry tried to ask the auror's are eating him alive inside still?
Griffin Raven chapter 5 . 7/17/2014
Given all that Harry's been through with Voldemort, the death eaters and his experiences during the war - I do find it troubling that he would even want to still be an auror? Especially when I'd want to do something that took one as far away from the war as possible, especially given how Harry deals with his grief and feelings in general. I do think that Harry would be much better suited to some other career rather than hunting down law-breakers a like a teacher or healer, or something totally different. I do think that due to type of childhood Harry experiened even before you add Voldemort and death eaters that he'd never really learnt to deal with his feelings or emotions in general. After all I bet that everytime Harry showed emotion/or feelings too much he was slapped down by the Dursley's - from them all he'd have learnt was hate, fear and bullying others get things - certainly no love, care or understanding or how to experess his feelings of guilt (which mostly certainly should not be his). None of Harry's fellow students trruly can understand what he's been through is exeriencing because they've not been through it - at least Severus can understand where he's coming from.
Mady-leen chapter 11 . 1/20/2014
Very nice story, thank you :)
mandancie chapter 11 . 9/16/2013
I know you wrote this a while ago, but I just had to tell you, this was really good! :) I loved every moment of it. :) With stories like yours i am really enjoying the Mentor/Guardian Severus in regards to Harry.
Dirl15 chapter 11 . 3/28/2013
Great story when is the next chapter up