Reviews for Away from Safe Harbor
Dimples83 chapter 17 . 10/13/2013
good story i liked it
Sokerchick chapter 17 . 1/7/2011
Fabulous story! Well written and wonderful characterization.
Ecri chapter 17 . 12/12/2010
I've been away for a bit, and finally able to catch up on my email. First thing I did was catch up on this fic. Beautifully written. I loved it! You always get the characters perfectly. I loved Toby and CJ and the President! Josh hoping someone needs him to tell them what photophobic means, and Toby calling that driver a Republican! Mrs Landingham was wonderful!

I absolutely loved this and will be waiting for your next fic. You write these characters so well it's a joy to read your stories! Great work. Keep writing.
tammi chapter 17 . 11/19/2010
Love it! As you know you are one of my favorite writers, you are so gifted! I look forward to more of your works soon Hint Hint!
joanoa chapter 17 . 11/16/2010
Thanks Pan! We're still very much enjoying your story. Keep it up!

J.
Abhishek chapter 17 . 11/16/2010
This was really a good story. Mostly felt like it came out of the real West Wing. However, don't mind, but the one thing missing here was the political turmoil. Some political lesson learnt for the betterment of the nation or just in general. The story seemed more like a drama than a political drama. But that apart it was really good to read something new about Josh, Sam and the entire Bartlet gang of the West Wing we so love! Keep it up!
lovesFanFic chapter 16 . 11/15/2010
"Sam's head ached as he imagined Josh with a carpe diem outlook. The White House would not survive."

Hahahahaha. Too perfect. I love how you capture the characters. Thanks for another great story! An incredibly talented West Wing fanfic writer who's still active? You make me very, very happy.
lovesFanFic chapter 2 . 11/15/2010
This is very exciting - and exactly how I would expect the staff to respond. I particularly like that Donna knew not to leave until she found out what the emergency meeting with Leo was about.
HarmonyLover chapter 17 . 11/9/2010
What a lovely ending! I'm a little choked up! :) Truly, this has been a wonderful story. I've enjoyed it so much, and I'm really glad that you pushed through to the end. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful Sam story. I'll be looking for more of your work! HL.
Teri chapter 17 . 11/8/2010
Thank you for a wonderful story. I love Sam's character and I liked your varying viewpoints looking on at Sam. I'm also a fan of nice, long, rich, angst filled stories and this definitely qualified. I hope to see more stories from you in the future.

T.
snow6835 chapter 17 . 11/8/2010
This was such an incredible story! I'm sorry to see it end, but oh so grateful that it was written. Lol at the image of Sam and walking evil plants... and at only Sam getting homemade cookies! The ending with the President was beautiful and perfectly matched the needed tone of seriousness combined with a wistful amount of happy relief. Overall, awesome story and I can't wait to read another story from you!
Nicky15 chapter 17 . 11/8/2010
Oh, I really liked this story - and I guess with Sam's parents' departure it's going to come to an end (except you'll whump him a bit more with post concussion complications *g*). It's certainly been a pleasure reading this story - and I hope to read more from you!
alix33 chapter 17 . 11/7/2010
"Josh dropped into one of the guest chairs. "Ever read Day of the Triffids?" Putting on his glasses, Sam flipped through a pile of cards, emails and gift tags. "Day of the what?" "Triffids. Plants that walk around on three legs and have these poisonous stingers that kill people —" Sam glanced at the foliage around the room. "These triffids — fiction, right?" Josh swallowed a grin. "So they say." - Hehehe.

"Sam nodded, carefully putting a basket of what appeared to be homemade cookies to one side. He met Josh's raised eyebrows with a small shrug. "From Mrs. Landingham." "She made you cookies, like for you personally?" Josh asked, half awed and half jealous. "She knows I like..." He looked at Cathy for help. "The ones with cinnamon sugar on top?" "Snickerdoodles," she supplied. "Sam, we all like her snickerdoodles," Josh protested. "I mean, her chocolate chip are terrific, the oatmeal-raisin are incredible, but those are..." He paused, at a loss for a superlative strong enough. "So much for your 760 verbal," Sam teased. "Sublime! Her snickerdoodles are sublime!" Toby appeared in the doorway. "Snickerdoodles? Where?" Josh gestured at Sam. "Mrs. Landingham made them for him, and he won't share. Don't you think he owes us after what we went through last weekend?" Sam sighed, but brought out the basket and offered it to his three visitors. After each had taken one, he put the basket underneath his desk. "I just want to warn you that I've got them counted." "Taste better pilfered," Josh managed around his mouthful of cookie. "That's it. They're going in my car first chance I get." - So, one basically has to fall overboard a yacht, nearly drown and sustain a horrendous head injury and only then does Mrs. Landingham BAKE you cookies? Hehehe.

"Toby looked around the office. "Ever read Day of the Triffids?" - Hehehe at Toby and Josh having the same train of thought.

"Sam?" the President called from the Oval. "Sam's out there?" "Will he never use the intercom?" Mrs. Landingham murmured without looking up." - Hehehe.

"Mrs. Landingham!"

"The door opened an instant later, and she asked calmly, "Yes, sir?" "Arrange for a car and driver for Sam, will you? He's taking his parents to the airport." "Sir, that's really not necessary," Sam tried as Mrs. Landingham hurried out, closing the door behind her. The President gripped his shoulder. "Listen to me, Sam. Hug them, kiss them, and tell them you love them. There's absolutely nothing more important that you could be doing than that." Sam nodded, emotion a hard knot in his throat." - AW, I got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes too!
Nikara chapter 17 . 11/7/2010
That was an awesome story overall! You really did a great job capturing the relationships within the White House, and the excitement of everything that happened. I hope to read more West Wing fic from you soon!
tammi chapter 16 . 10/5/2010
You are a very gifted writer. I would encourage you to consider writing professionally. The detail and insight that you show is rarely found in today' works.

I look forward to more of your work with great anticapation.