Reviews for Captain My Captain
Cheerfully Blue chapter 53 . 7/19/2011
Wow. That was AH-MAZE-ING! Just whoa! Wow. Unbelievable. I am in love with the skill of your writing. In love with it. You should write a book, or maybe you already have... Ah, well. But it makes me sad that I don't know who she chose in the end, or how things worked out with Elrohir (did you know that I never really showed an interest in him until this story? It was always Elladan for me. But now...). But it was still amazing and it consumed me for days when I should have been working on my band camp music or my summer homework, but I just couldn't because I NEEDED to finish reading your story.

Truly, it was brilliant and beautiful and funny and sweet and just all around amazing. I can't wait to read more about Hethlin and all the other characters. Truly amazing. I loved every word of it. You are a very gifted writer.
Nyah1 chapter 53 . 7/4/2011
I am more than glad to have found this story. It was an emotional rollercoaster in the best sense and I took great pleasure in getting to know your Hethlin. I admired her so greatly because her character qualities gave her such an inner beauty (as you made Elrohir say at some point - I loved that scene btw ), which I hope to achieve at some point in my life.

I hope I'm not being to forward in trying to compliment you, when I say, that I believe that you must be a very special person to have given so much depth to a fictional charcter.

I will remeber this for a very long time, so thanks for writing it :)

After I have submitted this review, I will explore what other stories you have in store ;)
Anonymous chapter 11 . 5/4/2011
Generally liked the story upto now, but the main character is a little to "marry sueish" - being the only woman in her company, the saviour of Faramir, surviving a tragic (No emotional scars from having your family murdered and taken away from you, even the strongest of characters would be vengeful or mourn) past whilst having an enormous amount of willpower (more so then her superiors, perhaps) - making friends easily, not having someone she doesn't like in the story. (I could mention countless other things, but I think you get the general idea)

Too perfect, yet a good try at an OC char. :)
quaff chapter 19 . 2/12/2011
I'm having such a good time reading your story that haven't taken a break to write a review. This is good, very, very good. Thanks for writing this.
dwelian chapter 53 . 12/7/2010
OH MY GOD. I'm not usually interested in OCs, but I have fallen veryvery hard for Heth. She has so many facets to her! This story was impossibly lovely and is absolutely one of the best LotR fanfictions I've ever come across. It was an utter pleasure to read and I wanted to thank you for sharing it with us!
anon chapter 14 . 9/19/2010
I really enjoyed the complexity and depth that was given to this story, but I must admit to being a little irritated with how perfect the main OC character seems to be.

She is related to the same group as Aragorn, she speaks to Eagles, is one of the youngest Captains and one of the best archers, and she continually knows better the minds of the main characters than they themselves do. She has been given, fourteen chapters in, no real faults.

I like reading about the people who are affected by the ring, but Hethlin doesn't seem believable to me. Everything she does, everything she is, is perfect (even when that perfection seems to be made to the detriment of other, established characters). I really liked your style, but I'm afraid I couldn't finish this.
miladyRanger chapter 14 . 9/9/2010
This is my favorite chapter of the story. "The Captain Look," indeed! That is the perfect line! I laugh every time I reread this, and again when Heth finds out that he's the King. Her reaction is priceless. Absolutely priceless. Thanks for this amazing series!
Rhyselle chapter 53 . 8/16/2010
Wow! this was an amazing tale. I can't believe that I never found it before in the four years I've been reading LOTR fanfiction.

Everything is roiling through my head right now as my mind tries to digest the final chapter of such a long fic, but I can say that there are so many lovely, exhilarating, exiting and vivid images in my mind from this tale. A few of the many include Heth's "fledging" with the Windlady; her sparring match with Eowyn, her encounter with the Witch King, and her interactions with Elrohir throughout.

I'm adding this to my favorites, and to my "re-read soon!" list!

Well done!
Denise of AK chapter 37 . 4/30/2010
Was indulging in a reread of some favorite Imrahil/Hethlin scenes ("dithering" myself rather than getting back to my chores), when this jumped out at me:

Imrahil says: "I can only think of one occasion when I have seen you do something that could be called dithering, Hethlin."

What occasion is he talking about? If I've ever known, I've forgotten...

Over six years old and this is STILL a great story!
nancylea57 chapter 11 . 1/13/2010
I did feel sorry for Eowyn, left behind in the House with naught but the hobbit Meriadoc for company. Merry was her friend, and a sweet soul,

many times i have read this story and enjoy it every time, but this time it occurs-shouldn't merry be on the way to cormallen?
cleis chapter 53 . 10/26/2009
words cannot express my gratitude for sharing all 53 chapters with us! i have only recently stumbled upon by accident your well-written, captivating and moving stories that i don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said before. i am humbled that your love and dedication for tolkien's work has lead you to write such great fiction! please continue to be enchanted with middle earth. your fic may be more than 7 years old but it is still much being appreciated today. good luck and more power!
cleis chapter 13 . 10/25/2009
wow. yep, if you can't have the steward then why not an elf lord! i'm glad you've written this chapter. i was crying after finishing the last one and this chapter just made it all better. thank you!
cleis chapter 9 . 10/25/2009
argh! but why not hate eowyn? i can feel deep loathing surfacing from the depths of my soul, harbored still from the Two Towers! but hethlin, as we all know, is so level minded that she would see a person as a whole then make her judgment. and what she sees in eowyn, is a fierce lady. i think i've calmed down enough to read more chapters! i love this story!
cleis chapter 8 . 10/25/2009
my heart has gone out for your character, hethlin. i have never had more feelings for an original character, ever! thank you for sharing her. my heart jumped to my throat upon hearing eowyn's name. i'm still shipping heth and faramir (although reading blackbow i was a pure boromir shipper). i don't know what happens in this story. i can't wait to finish this but it's 30 chapters long! if wish that you'll have a happy ending for heth... keeping my fingers crossed til the last chapter!
bellaboo13 chapter 53 . 8/25/2009
I LOVED it.

one of the best fics I've ever read.

-MEG