Reviews for Captain My Captain
dale rodgers chapter 53 . 10/5/2008
Thank you for the story. I enjoyed your extension of Tolkien's world. You are an excellent author and I hope you are published some time. Excellent story - I just devoured it over the last couple of weeks. I look forward to reading more of your work. Thanks again. DR
kateydidnt chapter 33 . 9/29/2008
“I have met most of the beautiful Elven maidens in Middle-earth, Snowsteel, and kept company with a few of them. I have yet to find one who engages my heart to the extent that I would consider bonding with her."

*snort* well considering that most seem to agree that the two most beautiful elves in all of Arda are Elrohir's sister and grandmother, this is not all that surprising.
kateydidnt chapter 28 . 9/29/2008
You know,I want just one person-at this moment Hethlin in particular-to remind an elf that they may be the Eldar race, firstborn of Iluvatar, but remind them also that the race of Men too are the Children of Iluvatar and deserve to be respected as such by the elves,and not always looked down upon.
kateydidnt chapter 29 . 9/29/2008
Not to mention, Cerin Amroth is where Aragorn and Arwen pledged themselves to each other, nearly forty years previously.
kateydidnt chapter 19 . 9/28/2008
"But when Aragorn son of Arathorn unbent enough to reveal the humor and nobility and sweetness that lay within him, he cast them all into the shade."

*melting* Can I have Aragorn, please?

I love this chapter!
dkp chapter 48 . 9/18/2008
*sigh*

I don't know know many times I've reread that awesome kiss scene, and it's just as tingly as the first time. Lovely, lovely...
Haarajot chapter 45 . 6/5/2008
If you ever correct this chapter, you might change uncle to grandfather in the following line:

'Then I turned to go down and rejoin my uncle'
irini chapter 53 . 10/23/2007
I was fascinated...
ScottishFaerie chapter 53 . 10/7/2007
You are truly an inspired writer. I have read this story from start to finish(in one day no less!)and now I'm moving on to the rest of your stories. Thank you SO much for writing this!
crazylizzie chapter 33 . 8/3/2007
I honestly do not know if you will receive this review or not seeing it has been several years since you wrote this story, but I had to try because out of every single LOTR story with an OC this has to be the most thorough, complex, well thought out character I have come across. I am only a little more than halfway through and I have found every single character is right on, what I would imagine them to be like. Even the well known characters, as Aragon and Elrond, you did perfectly. And I love Heth, love her. She is strong and not very strong, independent and not, a story of dichotomy that works wonderfully in the world you have created. I am almost hesitant to keep reading because I worry of the ending... worry about the relations between Elrohir and Heth most especially. I very much like them together (would have probably voted for them to be the "nesting" couple, lol) but yet there seems to be quite a few obstacles before them and I would hate to have this end without a "happy" ending. Call me romantic (as long as you don’t say it to loud) but I want something more between them. Its about sex now, and the friendship of a lover bond/soul bond, but there is more there and I hope you did explain it.

If not. Well... its still a lovely story. :)

Anyway. Blabbed on for quite some time, when really I just wanted to compliment on a well written, well thought out story, with a lovely leading lady and an even lovelier supporting cast. Brava.
Mari Drdogreth chapter 52 . 3/19/2007

forgot: 40: I nodded. and

52: “ Very well

53: desert - dessert

52&53: Usual Isabeau-quality :-) things slowed down a bit, that's why I'm not that excited and thrilled but I read them with great interest nevertheless!

This is not the end to Heth's adventures? Are you going to write another 50-chapter-story? *g* wouldn't mind that ;-)

Truly, things do seem a bit unfinished the way they are. But it's a brilliant story, all the same. This one's going to remain in my Firefox-Favourites, and who knows, maybe I'll even comply and sign up on one day ;D and add it to my favourites there. I didn't yet sign up because I felt there are already so many sites where I'm signed up, and I wouldn't leave the computer screen anymore at all if I did *g*

Or maybe I was just too lazy *g*

Ah, yes, and thanks a lot for many pleasant hours of reading!

Best wishes,

Mari
Mari Drdogreth chapter 50 . 3/18/2007
Whuo!

Wonderful one! A lot to laugh about, a lot to be astonished by, and in the end, a total turnabout in mood.

Pity that I'll soon have finished reading the remaining chapters, but it's not that bad because there are so many other stories of yours to r&r. Mercilessly _ ;-)

Kind regards, Mari

Chapter name: The harper - The Harper

woodsy - woody ?

retreat - retreat.

.!

I can say is - What/All I can say is ?

Mari Drdogreth chapter 49 . 3/18/2007

yeay - yay

That was very realistic, I think - her not knowing what to say.

A very good chapter. I wonder what will happen in the remaining ones. You know, it's really hard to stop reading now! but I promised myself I'd do a bit of work now - it's not that much anyway. Still, it's hard to stop *theatrical sob* _

Best wishes, Mari
Mari Drdogreth chapter 48 . 3/18/2007
47: -

desert - dessert

48:

in once place. - one

Very good, captivating and very atmospheric! I thought: "What could happen at yet another wedding that would be of interest?" ... well *g* ... your answer to this was very - see above *g*

I don't exactly understand why Faramir is acting like this, but I guess as the storyteller, you know, and I'll just have to read on to see whether Hethlin's accusations, about him seeing her as his property, are correct or wrong. Anyway: Imrahil! If Hethlin HAS to marry someone or intend to do so by the end of the story, I wouldn't mind if it was him, I really like him in your fanfiction. But it's no use speculating - it's already finished and therefore there is no way I can gain some sneaky influence on the author as I usually try to *harharhar* ... just kidding. I usually don't try. It simply was long overdue that I applied some evil laugh. 0;-)

Yours, Mari
Mari Drdogreth chapter 46 . 3/16/2007
45:

Nice chapter, I'm glad she finally chose to face her fear of that hill.

The ending of this chapter is really creepy! _

46:

Good one, too. Only thing that confused me was the leap in time. I think it would be better if you indicated "Two days later..." or something like it right at the beginning. Of course readers won't be wondering about what is going on this way, but it's really confusing the way it is right now. I first pondered whether it was possibly a dream she was having.

Ah yes, and good she's been seeing Mablung again. But there are still some other rangers that have been badly neglected, too ;-). Wonder if she'll meet them again in some future chapter.

Well, now it's off to bed. *yawns*
883 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »