Reviews for Captain My Captain
Altariel chapter 3 . 1/28/2002
Do keep posting as quickly as you have been doing - I'm looking forward to more. This was dark, but I was glad, as you wrote, to hear more about the retreat from Osgiliath.

As for Imrahil's relationship to Faramir: there's a genealogy of the line of Dol Amroth in the History of Middle-Earth vol. XII which does indeed show that Imrahil was Faramir's uncle.
Altariel chapter 2 . 1/27/2002
Enjoying this a great deal. You've pulled off the inserted female character excellently. The bits with the chicken were great! Very touched by the affection between Faramir and Imrahil. I'm looking forward to the next installments very much.
Miss Padfoot chapter 2 . 1/26/2002
Yay! Very well done, I usually avoid original female characters but I like your

Hethlin a lot. I was always impressed in the book with how the soldiers of

Gondor love Faramir, and I think you did a wonderful job of conveying the

loyalty they all feel toward him, while also giving us an original and interesting

new character. Hope to see more from you! :)
Malon A. Lupin chapter 1 . 1/26/2002
Excellent. Please write more!
ramblergirl chapter 2 . 1/25/2002
I never used to read LOTR fanfiction simply because the book is almost sacred to me, but after seeing the film I decided to have a look. I must say I was appalled. They were all terrible. And then I found your fic, and loved it. It is very good, and not by comparison to other fics, just good in itself. It is also original, both in plot and style as you son't try to adopt JRRT's style. It's interesting, well-written, in character, and deals with one of my favourite characters. I can't wait to read more. Thank you.
Riah-chan chapter 2 . 1/25/2002
Ara! I'm impressed. A story about an original character who is not a Mary Sue, that stays true to the books and doesn't involve OOC romance! And the writing and plot are good! I'm really enjoying this story and hope to see more. I like this new character! (And I hate most original characters!) Big kudos!
the Red Nothing chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
Yay, it's FARAMIR YAAAAY! *hugs Faramir* No one loves poor Faramir anymore ;.; *laughs* Well-done!
bj chapter 2 . 1/24/2002
Yay! A story with Faramir in it! You made the characters very real, and I like your writing style! Keep working on it! .
Kit chapter 2 . 1/24/2002
High praise due for this! Startlingly well written, and Hethlin is a very convincing character - I could believe that a woman like her might actually have been in the Rangers. I hope there is going to be more of this story!
Dark Eyes chapter 1 . 1/21/2002
That was really good-yu did manage a tolkienish feel throughout the story. The ending was my favourite bit. Are you gonna continue this? Either way it's good! (*looks back at reveiw* sorry if that sounds kinda weird i've only had an hours sleep over the last 2 days-damn insomnia!)
Kayla Anasazi chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
Very good. Very well writen and good description. Always glad to have a non-slash fanfic.

Keep up the good work.
Lady Cheshire chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
ALRIGHT! Finally, A GOOD Faramir fic! this rocks dude!
Angie chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
Excellent beginning - you are planning to write more of course?

And I have a soft spot for Faramir myself!

Riah-chan chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
I'm not really sure where this story is going but it is good so far and I look forward to reading more of it.
884 | « Prev Page 1 .. 49 56 57 58 59