Reviews for Fools in Love
MissElizabethDove chapter 13 . 2/1/2011
well I for one would like this to continue. I think its very interesting and quite well-characterized. And well written, like everything you do:)
lynettecullen chapter 2 . 5/2/2010
Loved it!
lynettecullen chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Very emotional.
tbplrbear1 chapter 13 . 1/21/2010
The big question first off. Are you going to start another story or series? I enjoy your writing way too much to not have it anymore. Your Bellice makes the best movies in my head. Well onto the review. I'll quit begging for more. I've always wondered what would happen if Bella came to love Alice. I think it would play out real similar to how you wrote it. Alice would sacrifice her feelings for the good of Bella's guilt and for the sake of keeping the family together. I love the way you describe Bella's looks-how you portray her feelings-they are so vivid and powerful. I felt so sad for both. Giving yourself to someone only to have that person reject you-ouch. Only you have no idea how much that person wants to give themselves to you to, but for reasons can't. The hurt is so overwhelming and is evident. I love the way you put in the title as the last 3 words-that is classy. Well, I'd love to write more but I have work later today since it's already Friday here-way early too. I really hope you continue writing. You are extremely good and have wonderful descriptions. You are my Bellice movie in my head goddess. Figured I'd go with the female version of a god. But you are great and hope to read some more of your wonderfulness again. Take care and catch you later. T
zoelol chapter 13 . 1/21/2010
even if this series is like no line-straight, always has drag me, then again i must say is a good plot...

BELLICE 4Ever
tbplrbear1 chapter 12 . 1/19/2010
OMG you've done it again. Rosalie has a heart. It's about time Bella got a clue. Bella finally gets what Rose has been saying about living. Wow Rose jumping on Bella like that-I must admit it was kinda hot. Bellice is way hotter though. I'm so glad that you focus on other characters, now don't get me wrong I love my Bellice, but I so enjoy how you see and bring out the personalities of the others. You have gotten better at developing the characters and the wonderful descriptions you've been coming up with. I truly love this collection "Fools in Love". Your update email made my day better. I hope you are ok with what has been going on medically with you. I tend to worry about people when they are ill. Many thanks for the sixty degree weather-the sun and it's vitamin D makes me feel good. I hope you are feeling as good as I am or at least feel good/better. Well, it is time to end this review, but I just may PM you if that is ok. When I read and review for you my constant headache fades for a bit and maybe PMing you will help also. So you take care and continue to be a wonderful and healthy writer. T
FaBAMF chapter 12 . 1/19/2010
Awesome
nickolefox chapter 12 . 1/18/2010
Intense.
tbplrbear1 chapter 11 . 1/13/2010
WOW, you amaze me. Rose has a heart and its not cold. You have made Rose come alive to me just like you have with Bella and Alice. You have me at a loss for words-I know what I want to write but I can't find the words. Rose just surprises me so much with her caring and her optimism. You have an amazing talent to bring your characters feelings to a level that they are palpable. Your continuation of this story just gets better and better. I am loving this story-its making for a great movie in my head. I have truely missed not having any new chapters from you, but I know people have other lives and are busy. I figured I'd let you know though-my Bellice has needed you. Thank-you for taking away the snow and getting the temps back up to the fifties. ;) I guess I found some words after all. Well, I'm gonna go now. Take care and you are a wonderful writer and I'll stand behind that. T
geophf chapter 10 . 12/28/2009
Dear Meg,

Ch 8 ("Blood") broke my heart. This chapter, ch 10 ("Simple touch"), pulled my heart strings.

Hard.

"And no, the vampire did not quite understand. For what had the human done wrong? Nothing."

What had the human done wrong? Nothing. But Bella always blames herself for everything: she takes on the world, but taking on all of the responsibility for it. Bella: Atlas.

But she refuses to shrug. Instead, she's rather the world crush her than have a single vampire's feeling's hurt.

This one-shot was classic (in the classic sense): it unified time, place and action into this one epigrammatic chapter. Alice humming to Bella; Bella sighing into Alice. Both so concerned for each other. Both there for each other, taking in every single thing about the other, and loving everything she sees about her.

AND this was TRULY and Alice AND Bella chapter. You used the third person perspective, favouring either? No: you favoured both. You favoured both with your meticulous attention to detail ... with the loving attention you paid to them, and they paid to each other.

A moment. A moment only.

A sweet moment. In eternity for one and in time for the other.

But, in the unbridgeable gulf between human and vampire: a shared moment.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

cheers, geophf
geophf chapter 9 . 12/28/2009
Meg,

'"You don't understand, not really. So determined to die..." She laughed bitterly. "It's not all it's cracked up to be." Her icy hand brushed my cheek lightly, it was almost tender. "Living, now that's what you need some determination for."'

I argue every one who squees an "Oh, bite me, Edward!" (blogged it on .com) should read this chapter, FiL, ch 9 ("Rosalie's Turn Down").

I'd love to fill the reviews with this one line says, repeating it. It's not being undead that requires effort, it's living that does.

But, actually, being eternal, being pure want, driven from kill to kill, ... forever. Being eternally the outcase. Are vampires cool? No, they are COLD. Do the Cullens (and Rosalie Hale) sit with anyone at school? No. Why? Not because they are too cool, but because they have to cast themselves out of any social circle.

Vampires are outcasts.

And "bite me" solves all your problems? No, because now Rosalie has all her problems she had in her human life, but now they plague her ... forever.

Bottle of Scotch, anyone?

So Bella wants to die because Edward broke her heart? Oh, suicide is painless? Well, in fact, it isn't (google it), and most suicide attempts fail ... very, very painfully (wikipedia that). And what happens to Bella after her suicide? In my story, Rosalie tells Bella about that special place reserved for suicides (ch 51: "Take Me" in fact). If you look at it long enough, you begin to wonder ... is Rosalie warning Bella away from suicide, or is Rosalie describing her endless, eternal, wanting, lost existence?

And so being a vampire is THAT? Is WORSE than dying?

"Oh! Bite me, Edward!"?

Hm.

Yes, it takes determination to live ... but the alternatives? Ask Edward. Ask Rosalie. How so, so much they miss living! And Bella throws her life away?

Bella: live. If it's too hard for you right now (it's not), live for Alice ... or live for Rosalie. You'll break more than one heart if you're gone, even if those hearts don't beat any more. You will.

Live.

Thank you for this chapter.

cheers, geophf
geophf chapter 8 . 12/28/2009
Meg,

I read this chapter (FiL, ch 8: "Blood"), and the image of it has not left me. It's like our discussion of Alice's compulsion in my review of your story of the previous chapter (that I put under ch 1 by mistake) came to life, and with her struggle I felt the dread in me mount, and at her defeat, I, too, was defeated.

This chapter was also perfectly placed: between Alice's taking of Bella in the last chapter (here, too, indeed, Alice does take Bella) and then in the following two chapters where Alice ministers to Bella, allowing Rosalie to give Bella the hard lesson (a hard life lesson from a cold hard dead vampire), and then following that, if I may: MY chapter where what happens?

I'll save that for later, after I stop crying.

Because this chapter broke my heart. Here it is: a vegan vampire. Harmless, right? AND she loves Bella. AND she sees the choices that affect the future. So NOTHING could go wrong.

You obeyed all the rules, Meg: you followed the canonical direction to the letter. There was no deus ex machina here. There was Alice, Bella, happiness, and then ...

And then tragedy. Because Bella would've probably made it if it were Angela who'd dial 911 on her cell, but it wasn't. It was Alice, Bella's BFF ...

... who loves the little human.

Loves her to death.

Heartbreaking, Meg. This chapter was heartbreaking in its honesty and its realism.

Not all endings are happy, and sometimes there are consequences to be paid. The girl who's with the vampires ... well, she's also in the easiest reach, isn't she?

"Ooh! Bite me, Alice!" New Moon hints to us what would happen if this did happen. Twice, in fact: on the desperate plane right to Volterra and in the family conference afterward ("The Vote"). But you showed us. Unflinchingly.

Thank you for this chapter that broke my heart.

geophf
tbplrbear1 chapter 10 . 12/27/2009
Hey Hey,

What's wrong with Alice mentioning Edward's name. Both were enjoying their moment and then stupid hit her. I was enjoying their moment to. That totally screwed up the movie in my head. I had to go and edit-rewind. Then you made it all better. "Cold fingers grazed her warm, full lips". Damn that was the best line. That line alone put the movie back on track. The natural reaction of kisses on the fingers was so tender and caring. I wish I could be touched that "simple" and of course have a peaceful sleep. Your mind is amazing. No need to thank me it's my job to thank you for being so wonderful at writing your stories and for sharing them. I get the complete and total pleasure to read and the great opportunity to tell you how wonderful and talented you are. So thank you Ms. Mazing for bringing Bellice to life. There is still snow here! Not liking it at all. Take care and can't wait for the next story. You are extremely talented and don't let anyone tell you different-if someone does tell me and I'll set them straight. T
nickolefox chapter 10 . 12/27/2009
That was very sweet.
1711AdvenaAvis chapter 10 . 12/27/2009
Good job !

Please hurry up with next update.