Reviews for Heartstrings
de junco chapter 9 . 8/2
Wow. I'm damn near speechless, this was such a wonderful story to read.

Geez, I remember reading your fic Beta Fish and the sequel, as well as Kagome, Kagome years back, and they were far and away the best South Korea fics I've ever read. Despite how goofy a character he is, I always hoped to see him written in a more serious light, and sadly it was a rare thing to find a more serious/darker portrayal of him that was still well-characterized. And when I read your stories, it was like a balm to my soul, haha. I'm surprised that I never read this back then, but I have now, and it was definitely worth it.

China/Korea is probably my main ship for the both of them, and, again, I love that you portrayed it in a more serious manner, albeit with some lighthearted moments. The parts with dark Japan were absolutely /wonderful/, I really like looking at that darker point in his past when he still strongly resented China, and seeing his desire to conquer a child nation and traumatize him by making him see China wounded and unconscious... it just evokes a very powerful image of the character. At the same time, the resolution of his character towards the end was nicely done as well, showing how he's had time to become enlightened re. his actions.

Korea... ugh, everything about him was wonderfully done. I remembered your interpretation of North Korea from Beta Fish/Phantasmagoria, and I was curious if it would show up again here. Instead you used another unique portrayal of the North/South situation, one I think was nicely fitting to match with the rest of the story and his love for China. His compassion and kindheartedness were so devastating to see when he was under occupation; it truly wasn't the time for such softness. The aid the other nations attempted to provide him to recover was also lovely. It was interesting to see Western nations taking such a large part in the recuperation of an Eastern nation. The friendship between Korea and Romano was great as well, I can definitely picture those two as getting along. The one thing that seemed a little odd to me was how for a large part of the story, Korea called China "aniki". That's a Japanese term to mean 'older brother', right? So it was a little odd seeing Korea call him that when 'gege' or 'hyung' would be more appropriate, considering he's Korea and was raised by China, not Japan. Just a minor thing though.

China's struggle with his desires was interesting as well. Of course he handles everything terribly because even nations as old as him can make stupid mistakes when confronted with an unfamiliar situation, like someone he's cared for growing to truly love him. Oh China. tsk tsk tsk. I think my favourite scenes with him were either 1) just after he and Korea had slept together, due to his strange behaviour and words; I really liked how he was saying sweet things, cradling Korea's head, and giving him a kiss, but beneath these sweet actions he was already resolved to push away Korea to avoid what he thought was immoral behaviour. Or 2) when he confessed at the end. God, I /knew/ it would be Lovino, and I burst out laughing when I realised I was right. But damn, that moment was so heartwrenching and cathartic for him, and it was a relief to see that he and Korea had finally managed to overcome all of their problems to see each other as equals and be together once more.

Thanks for a fantastic story, and have a wonderful day!
Madam Irralee chapter 2 . 6/22/2016
Bloody hell your writing just made me cry again. Why must you be so brilliant? (I really don't mind, in fact I love it)
roughdiamond5 chapter 9 . 10/19/2015
I didn't think I would make it to the end, let alone in one day. I'm not normally the sort to read stories about China, and /especially/ not about Korea. While I can handle China and even enjoy him in a select few stories, Korea has always struck me as whiny and annoying. But, you've converted me - or at least made me see a new side of him, a side of innocent and absolute love for China. And, of course, you've highlighted the traits about China that endear him to me in those few fanfics, how mature and yet overworrying he is, how age has made him skeptical and cautious yet so secretly hopeful. On top of that, your execution of history was refreshingly brief yet thorough, and I really enjoy your idea of the two Koreas as sharing the same body - it honestly makes more sense to me than the "evil twin" idea.

Thank you, in short, for a wonderful morning spent reading!
Sinsational Sinner chapter 9 . 9/9/2014
Wahhh, when it turned out that China had confessed to Romano I almost died XD
LeFay Strent chapter 9 . 7/19/2014
I have never been reduced to tears so much than during the reading of this story. It's beautiful, absolutely beautiful. And I think this will forever remain one of my favorite stories of all time.
LeFay Strent chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
This had me in tears. I can't believe how greed could turn a person so against their family, to the one who cared and raised him. It made me imagine my own sister who I love dearly. If I ever raised a hand against her, I don't want to live anymore. By your explanation, I understand what's going on with the history of the time. But...that is still no excuse to do what Japan did.
Pompeii-to-Athens chapter 9 . 3/6/2014
This is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Just wow. Let me tell you, it was a horrible mistake to fall asleep at the end of the second to last chapter, I woke up at three a.m. feeling all angsty! This is wonderfully written and you express the characters so well. I especially liked the chapter revolving around the 'Lao Po' incident (sorry if I spelled that wrong, I'm trying to write this with tear in my eyes, they're not really helping my focus). KEEP THIS UP! You are an amazing author, and should you ever write a book, I will be the first in line to get it signed.

- Pompeii
featherwingg245 chapter 9 . 10/13/2013
This is so perfect I can't even.
TheHeroicAmerica chapter 9 . 7/20/2013
Awwwwwwwww this was cute! Good job!
Guest chapter 3 . 2/27/2013
Amai: I'm a little confused.
Lina: Not with your plot, just we read something that Japan's first love was Korea, and the sole reason he took Korea away from China was because he wanted Korea to be HISand only his.
Lovemyusername chapter 5 . 1/23/2013
It's been around two years since I first read this fic? I remember the night I did. I stayed up from 11 to about 3 reading this, and I cried at some points.
Now, I've switched fandoms, grown older, and read many more fanfictions. This is still my all time favorite fanfiction ever. Nothing has yet to beat this. It was so amazing and feeling inducing. The most rivalry you've gotten is from Rock Bottom by Annafeu.
This fic is just amazing and I'd like you to know.
crazy YinYang writer7 chapter 3 . 9/3/2012
this is cute in its own way while reading this so far
lafayette722 chapter 9 . 8/24/2012
I just read this entire story tonight and I have to say I loved it! You don't see many really good China/South Korea stories very often. I just have one question. You say that you have this theory that there is only one Korea? I've never even heard of or thought of that before. Can you please explain it to me a little. I think that I get it but I'm not sure and I would love to since it sounds interesting to me.
Aiseki0Hikari chapter 9 . 6/28/2012
I didn't stopped crying until the end after reading this fic! You made me cry *sniff* are you happy that your story move so much that the side of my pillow is wet? ( I read on my iPod)
*sniff* freakin' China... Why can't you just make love with S. Korea... You just have to have drama in everything *sniff* now that I think about it... It's like most Korean drama I watch... Wow...

I'm soo happy you mentioned Canada... Because people barely mention him all and that stuff... For that I give you (visual) cookies! Because he's my currenlt favourite uke desu
Ceilo chapter 9 . 6/21/2012
This is an incredible story, the first I've read of this pairing and a beautiful introduction to the pairing. I loved everything about it, and the theme behind the chapter names was very clever and interesting too I'm glad they reconciled in the end, and that Japan got Greece too. All in all amazing story, I had such a good time reading it.