Reviews for Alone
Ura Butfuqa chapter 6 . 10/31
Thanks for the laugh. FYI, Autistic people don't suffer from Autism or the social difficulties that come with it, we actually suffer from the kind of ableism amply demonstrated in this chapter. ;(
Lucykins chapter 1 . 10/22
Well, you finished this story (and obviously shifted from writing Batman fanfic to Thor) a long while back. I'm just pointing out that this is currently 2015 and I found this story a few days ago and I had enjoyed it tremendously.

You actually got my hopes up at the end of the story with your author note about a sequel because, well, I do love happy endings.

Actually it might not need a whole story, perhaps just an hopeful epilogue but this current ending is still very satisfying. I love the power Jeannie has on Jack and the Joker. I could really feel the love they shared through your writing style.

I'm thinking I'll indulge myself now, reading some of your other stories. You're very talented. I hope that wherever you are in life, you're doing well. And of course, still writing.

Thank you for this story, even if it's more than three years too late.
Anthony W chapter 37 . 9/8
I don't know if your still reading the reviews but i have to say this story is by far the greatest one i have read. Seriously, it has everything you could ever want. Pain, loss, anguish, passion, hatred and character development. I have never read a story quite like this and i loved every single minute of it. No story has ever made me feel so much for the characters or even made me cry. I don't usually cry when reading a story but what i read, the backflashes and even in this ending. I couldn't help it

You and your friend, The MadCapLaughs have created something truly beautiful and some what tragic. I truly believe that the events in Jack's life before coming The Joker did actually happened to him and makes sense as before that when i finally read The Killing Joke 2 weeks ago and saw Joker/Jack and Jeannie. I absolutely love Jeannie and then 2 days later after looking more of her up and Joker. I found this and was hooked to this story instantly from the first chapter.

I absolutely love the backflashes of Jack and Jeannie. It was so beautiful and sad. Especially when Jack thought little of himself for the horrible life he had to endure. Especially at the hands of his cruel and evil father. The chapters with Collin beating Jack and saying horrible things was hard to read. It was because it felt real. I hated Collin and i even hated Harley for what she tried to do in this story.

Jack and Jeannie deserved a happy ending and i'm sad that i can't find your sequel. I really want this to continue. Love them more than Harley and Joker right now. I love this story so much and will continue reading again and again. What Jeannie and Joker have is true love and... it's just so sad. The way it ended. Anyway, you and your friend are awesome and if you do have a sequel. Please tell me and i loved the way you portrayed Jack. That's what would happen to someone who suffered as he did. Maybe not turning into Joker but you get what i mean. Can't wait to read again
Anthony W chapter 37 . 9/8
I have just finished reading your amazing, beautiful and sad story. I don't know if you read these reviews now but...I have never read anything so good with so much drama, passion, pain, suspense, anger and depth as i have with this. The way you developed Jack/ The Joker with backflashes of his horrible abuse at the hands of his father, the way society treated him and those scenes... Those amazing scenes with him and Jack. I am literally crying right now because of how this ended. it's so sad and i was hopping it wouldn't end this way. I hope there is a sequel to this.

No story or fanfic that i have ever read before has made me feel so much for these characters and made me cry. Seriously in the others i felt a little but in this story i felt a lot and cried many times. You really did a great job and so did your friend - The MadCapsLaughs. Kudos to you both and this story will have a special place in my heart. It's simply the greatest story i have ever read and will continue reading years to come. I hated Jack's dad, what a fucking prick but for that to happen was necessary in building and seeing The Joker's own pain.

I recently read The Killing Joke and immediately fell in love with Jeannie and the life Jack had before becoming Joker. Then i found this 2 days later. I truly believe that what happened in this story. With the backflashes and Joker/Jack's struggle with his emotions and the life he endured did happen in his life. Even before reading this now i look at The Joker in a different way, Still my favourite but i see the duo personality of Jack rising to the surface then Joker then Jack ect. It was really good. I also hated Harley Quinn in this and what she tried to do but looking back it is possible she would have tried that.

In conclusion. This is the greatest story, fanfic and Joker fanfic of all time. It has everything you could possibly want in a story and i was hooked since the beginning and i will continue to read this again and again. It was definitely an emotional rollercoaster and looking forward to being back soon. Joker and Jeannie forever. True love right there
Anthony W chapter 5 . 8/27
Just read the first 5 chapters and i have to say i'm blown away. It's really good and emotional as well. I could feel for Jack, especially in this chapter. Poor guy and i hope he and Jeannie will meet again soon
hannah.cannon.10 chapter 6 . 7/15
I read this story several years ago and i loved it.

But as a autistic myself i would like to say that when people say that some of us autistics "suffer" tends to bug me *dont get me wrong this story was awesome and you busted your ass writing it.*

And its true that some of us do have a hard time interacting and comunicating with others and reading social cues but for some its what i like to call our superpower.

At any rate i love The Joker and I love your story and you are a AWESOME writer. I look forward to reading more of you work.

*I hope I didnt come off rude in anyway and if i did i appologize*
Anonymous chapter 33 . 6/21
Jesus Christ, the feels. It's like you took out my lungs and stomped the air out of them.
Sheogorath chapter 6 . 4/27
I don't suffer from Autism, I suffer from the way I am treated because I'm Autistic.
Irishchick1982 chapter 37 . 2/23
I really wish you would of made a sequel for this story, as I really wanted a happy ending for Joker and Jeannie lol, but from the date of this you have no plan to. Shame really, you are such a good writer and I read this whole story in two days! And that's something for me, cause I am not even a Joker fan in the romance department, but I did love past story in The Killing joke, rather it was real or not. My main favorite villains are Jonathan, Edward and Oswald, but you actually had me liking The Joker beyond him just being a bad ass villain. Really wish you could update, but I know its not happening. :( Oh well, I will look for other Joker/Jeannie fanfics if there is any.
Pitt chapter 19 . 11/7/2014
You know a villain or thug can easily take Rory and maybe turn him into a joker junior
Caricature of a Witch chapter 37 . 10/17/2014
I don't know what you're DOING to me. I hate it when the Joker has a clearly defind backstory. Multiple choice and all that. There was no choice at all in this story. And you know, I really hate having an exlanation for the Joker, because in my mind he is beyond explanation, and I certainly don't want him to show this kind of emotion, to be what he himself would call "weak", to do all the things you let him do in this story. And yet I read it, all of it, and I was raging inside about how that's just not the Joker, and I still couldn't stop and I still cried and for some reason I STILL liked it and I can't explain it. It must be your writing skills. They're intoxicating or something, confusing my mind. Because I hate this story and at the same time I love it and yes I do realize that I'm not making any sense right now. This is probably the most retarded review you ever got. (And I feel really really REALLY sorry for Harley, by the way.)
Garret chapter 37 . 9/21/2014
Wow...just wow, the story is very well constructed and every chapter has brought me to tears literally, I'm very excited for the sequel. Please oh please post it. I'm soooo in love with the story...
Guest chapter 37 . 7/27/2014
Read it in three nights. Incredible story. Brilliantly written. It felt really realistic and it really tugged at my heartstrings. The ending though was so heartbreaking! I really loved this story!
I don't mean to come off as rude, but when are you going to post the sequel?
Kale E. Rion chapter 37 . 4/14/2014

I'm dumbstruck. Absolutely dumbstruck. Never, have I ever, read a tale with such poignant emotions. Never has an author woven a tale so thrilling and sweet and completely heart-breaking. Believe me, I've read a lot of stories. This story has done what no others have done before. I've read plenty of tales of redemption. I've read stories of Hades, of Loki, of Zuko, of men who've been angry, cruel, distant, twisted, insane, and abusive. But never has a story hit me like this one. You've taken one of the most, if perhaps not /the/ most unpredictable, unfeeling, uncaring, twisted, insane madmen and shown me his humanity. Shown me what could be behind that. Reminded me that he's not just an evil, unreasoning villainous monster who cannot be stopped with anything but violence. You've reminded me that he's human too.
I started reading last night and well into the early morning before finishing it a few minutes ago after waking up. This story is one of the most convincing stories I've ever seen. Each character is so real, so vibrant, and true to who they are. You didn't rush anything, but took your time to give us the information we needed to know. Each flashback broke my heart. I had to look away several times while reading them. It pained me so much to think of what was happening to this sweet young man.
I love how you write the Joker. You've done an excellent job at maintaining his character while showing us that he /is/ Jack Napier. I can't even describe how much this story means to me. How much the characters mean to me. I instantly became wrapped up in it, desperate to read it, desperate to get to the end, yet not wanting it to be over.
I was afraid that the story was unfinished, however, after reading your AN on the last chapter, hope was restored. You said that you've already written several chapters of the sequel, are you ever going to post it? Please, /please/ do, I can't stand of thought of never knowing what happened! As much as I can enjoy and sometimes appreciate tragic endings, I simply /cannot/ accept that this is the end. There is so much I want you to explore about these characters, so many things I cannot wait to read!
Please, I beg you. I know you're working on other fanfics right now and I don't mean to sound self-centered or needy, but when you can, please publish the next parts of this wonderful story. It will be on the mind the rest of the day, and everyday after that until I can read the sequel.
This story was amazing. So heart-wrenching and lovely and sad and everything I've ever wanted in a story. There are so many things I loved about it, too many to tell you them all. You did a perfect job. This is the best fanfic I have ever read about the Joker, and quite possibly the best fanfic I have ever read.
Thank you for it. Thank you for reminding me to keep my humanity. To stand up for others. To never call them names or hurt them. To be understanding and loving. To hope when there is none. To love when there's no love in return. To be a friend. To care. And to never give up. Thank you.
Best wishes and God bless!

- Kale E. Rion
koolkid mari chapter 37 . 7/18/2013
Just wanted to know did you ever make the sequel , im still waiting for it.