Reviews for The Twelve Days of Christmas in Camelot
MonJoh chapter 15 . 5/3
That was an entertaining story.
MonJoh chapter 12 . 5/3
This chapter is too funny! M/M get a room, Arwen's relationship is not at that stage yet.
wryter501 chapter 15 . 11/28/2015
this is quite a complex one. at times, i've not been sure what to think, but here at the end, i'm pretty sure i like it as a whole. there were parts that were deadly series (four calling birds) as well as parts so crack-ish i found them hard to believe, and reconcile with the whole.
then again, taking into account the bit of madness from the time of year - a bit 'through the looking glass' and 'we are all mad here'... i was happy with it being more 'fairy tale' than 'historical account'. well done!
Juze chapter 13 . 2/21/2015
Not going to lie, powerful Merlin is pretty impressive. And hot.
Juze chapter 12 . 2/21/2015
Love this. I've wondered how the characters might've reacted if they no longer had to follow societal norms.
Juze chapter 2 . 2/20/2015
I've read several stories that have tried to use the repetition theme, only to become a monotonous mess. Here, the symmetry is beautiful, almost haunting, especially after the playfulness of the last chapter.
Lady Flurryous chapter 14 . 12/6/2014
Truly, is it because you wrote a story about Christmas that everything we wished for to happen in Merlin did in your story?
Seriously, Arthur recognizing Merlin's value was much more satisfying here than in the final episode.
Ok, there he admitted that Merlin was a good friend and everything, but it was not enough, he bitched so much before that and was able so simply forget everything that Merlin had done to him because of the whole "magic is evil" belief.
Ok, after a while those fights against magic had hardened his heart, but he never valorized Merlin as it was supposed to and those final goodbye words weren't enough for the amount of things that Merlin had to put up with.
So, yeah, this story is truly excellent, it'll definetely be one of my favorites.
Lady Flurryous chapter 13 . 12/6/2014
Wow, what an awesome battle!
I really liked how everybody was there, fighting too, even Morgana, Gwen, the two princess and the Shieldmaiden.
Merlin using his magic and reversing the tides of the battle was also incredible. He doing that in front of Arthur was also kind of what we expected he would do during the entiring show and that we only saw in the last episode - but I don't think that counts because he was his old persona.
Excellent chapter, I think you wrote the characters doing their very best there and that was what I hoped for in every episode (only to be let down in some, thankfully your story makes up for that)
Lady Flurryous chapter 12 . 12/6/2014
A spell that made them do their heart's desire was really good.
And all the talk about Gwen and Arthur's relantionship being insipid, while Merlin and Morgana's being the really interesting one is completely true. The only problem is that the writers didn't understand that simple fact.
Anyway, I loved this chapter, everyone doing what they wanted, hahaha
Lady Flurryous chapter 11 . 12/6/2014
Oh, I loved that Merlin told Morgana his secret!
I love stories in which they work together as a team, : )
Lady Flurryous chapter 9 . 12/6/2014
Hilarious chapter, very good.
Morgana unintentionally casting a spell of singing the truth in all of Camelot's women was very good.
Thankfully Merlin was there to save the women, hahahaha
Arthur being oblivious was also very funny
Lady Flurryous chapter 8 . 12/6/2014
Interesting chapte. I think there is something wrong with me, every time there was someone trying to be in the way of Merlin and Morgana or Arthur and Gwen I was like "Nooooooooooooooooooooo" and I was hoping that they failed. There you go Morgana, claim that lanky boy, hahahahahaha
Lady Flurryous chapter 7 . 12/6/2014
This one was truly funny, : )
Lady Flurryous chapter 5 . 12/6/2014
It's so cute Merlin and Morgana together helping a famished family and completing each other's sentences.
Lady Flurryous chapter 2 . 12/6/2014
I loved the parallel between Morgana and Gwen, both feeling trapped in their own lives, and them the guys coming to comfort them, it was so sweet.
I think it's something that we generally forgot: how Gwen resilience is impressive. Probably there was not much space to develop her character during the first and second seasons, but it's something that makes her amazing, though we never think more deeply about how the happenings in her life would make her feel.
So, this story, pointing these kind of things, does an excellent job in portraying her character with more depth.
I really enjoyed this chapterm, : )