Reviews for The Native
stacey.eats chapter 63 . 7/2
this is my second time to read this story and it still moves me once again. it touches so much into our own humanity and society issuesand very relevant to today.
I know you completed this years ago, but I wanted you to know that people are still stumbling upon this and falling in love with it. I love slow burn stories- I mean, how else can you write about Vulcan love? I love love love the way you characterize Sarek and Amanda, and I never like OC's, but Josef is just fantastic. I've been going through a difficult time and I spent two days in this story finding hope and love through it, and it really just helped me see the good in the world again. So thank you!
blkaryaa chapter 63 . 6/7
Damn, this was amazing. S/A are one my favorite pairs, and you did an utterly and thoroughly fascinating job writing them. I loved loved loved Amanda's relationship with Sybok, and seeing Sarek gradually becoming more adept at humor and human colloquialisms was gratifying.

Independent of this story, I just have to say I have been a huge fan of your writing, and I am very happy that I am able to experience such great work whenever the mood strikes me :-).
PHXYote chapter 46 . 3/20
Dinner on Guy Fawke's Night! Over a bonfire?
PHXYote chapter 18 . 3/20
Cute story! I see it's been out for a few years but I'm struck by the xenophobia, unfortunately this is a constant theme in our society. IMO we aren't good enough for extraterrestrial aliens...
bluestarfish chapter 10 . 2/2
I loved the 'annoyed' sentence! And how Sarek's mind is slowly being 'infiltrated' by human colloquialisms ad humour. :-) Looking very much forward to the next chapter, with the dancing and verbal sparring.
bluestarfish chapter 8 . 2/2
My eyes almost started leaking in this chapter... and I think it is good that the story is unfolding slowly, the pace feels just right.
bluestarfish chapter 4 . 2/2
Now that second meeting is much more promising than the first! I also sense a complication budding in the form of Amanda-Josef interaction...?
bluestarfish chapter 3 . 2/2
Sarek is so wonderfully clueless at this stage... :-D Great start into the story. Mr Friedmann also piqued my interest, I wonder whether Sarek will find out more about his ancestral background and Friedmann's reason for not being eager to erase cultural diversity...
Allexxiell chapter 63 . 12/13/2017
Hi, just finished reading this one. Thanks for writing it ;).
It has appeal, story, description, drama (oh the drama!), humor and intriguings between the characters. So a pretty good one.
Truth be told, however, from all of the couples, I liked most Josef and T'Zena, they are cute... also because I like a lot German language :). Still, after their tragic end and his obvious remarrying, I really thought (even hoped for a while) that both will get back together. Despite the plot and so on, she could have rebelled, escaped..someone could have help, too. Josef could have rushed to her...something illogical, bold... That's the point of love, right? :) I don't think they actually fought for each other, guess the love was not that strong in general. They did not see each other afterwards - nothing. Although, I liked how they got together, heh. I mean, whatever they are doing now with their current families, I am sure they are not so happy :P:P. Muahaha, really thought that they would get back together... "If there is will, there is a way" - guess not enough will then. :)
Anyway, that's how the story went. (Maybe another story :P with a changed timeline)
Sarek and Amanda - love them! Great descriptions, etc. heheh

Thank you for writing and sharing it! ;) Very good one!
Esther really chapter 63 . 10/16/2017
What a great ride, thank you! I liked very much the effort you put in to make the Vulcans more alien in their thinking (but ultimately also not so different). I loved Sarek's "arc", very fluid and believable evolution from culturally insensitive and tactless to ambassadorship; nice work. Also brilliant first couple of chapters - not that many people have had the guts to explore what it's like for unwilling participants in pon farr. Some good supporting characters too
3 Thanks for the experience x
Kon k chapter 33 . 10/15/2017
This is awesome thank you like my fifth time reading it
Guest chapter 2 . 9/6/2017
Really love this story! Thank you so much!
Ida chapter 63 . 8/27/2017
Dear Writer,
I enjoyed your Fanfiction immensely! It was nicely thought out and intellectually stimulating. I do hope that you will continue to write despite your husband's arguments.
I liked the portrayal of the characters a lot, Josef is really cool, even though I would have liked to see T'Zeena stay with him.
I wish you all the best for the future, as well as a long life and peace!
Guest chapter 38 . 8/8/2017