Reviews for The Native
Flink88 chapter 56 . 6/13
So, I'm re-reading this story after several years. The one thing that always stood out to me, was how the characters view T'Zena's 'decision' to break her bond with Josef. Everyone seems to implicitly - or sometimes explicitly - blame her. Even half mad, sweating and shivering, the subtext of Josef's final statement in this chapter is: "Don't choose to do this to Amanda, as T'Zena has chosen to do this to me".

However, my interpretation of this chapter was, and continues to be, that T'Zena was assaulted by her family and then forced into an arranged marriage. This is a case of sexual assault and Vulcan trafficking. If you ply someone with alcohol (altering their mental state and removing inhibitions) then have sex with them, we now understand that to be rape. The victim was in no fit state to give consent. Even if that victim is your spouse. I don't see that being any different to what you have written about here.

I guess what I am saying is that it feels extremely odd to me that T'Zena is so quickly blamed for everything that went down. When she is the biggest victim in the entire story. It would be interesting to understand why you wrote it this way. And, if you still feel the same given the #MeToo movement and resulting consent debates.
briannehowell1 chapter 63 . 3/19
I found the beginning of this story on ao3. Thank you so much for sharing it there and linking to here! It was an incredible story...I may or may not have binge read the whole thing!
Shiarc chapter 63 . 12/22/2020
I love this story. I love the slow burn, the intrigue and the original characters. I cried for T'zena and Josef. I'm like Amanda, I would also like to know what happened to T'zena. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Line250i chapter 63 . 3/19/2020
I know that this was made 10 years ago, but i just have to say that it was probably the best fanfiction in the Star Trek universe that i have ever read, and perheps just the best fanfic in general.

The characters ae very well written, and i love the connection between Amanda and Sarek. It was a slow burn, but the best stories are.
I read it all during the day, and into the night, and read it again the next day.

I really like the social issues you bring up, like the envorimental groups that don't want to help vulcan. And the issue of interspecies marriage which reflects well on both interracial, and homosexual relationships. The politics are also very thought out, and in my opion realistic.

It was great to read the backstory of Sarek and Amanda. There are not enough pairings of them, so it was very rewarding and great to find one of such quality.

(sorry for any spelling mistakes)
spocksillogic chapter 63 . 1/8/2020
very well done. I love Sarek and Amanda stories. I have read almost all and I have found your take refreshing
faerieMagic07 chapter 63 . 1/4/2020
Hi. Where can we purchase your original works?
faerieMagic07 chapter 57 . 1/3/2020
It's sad that someone had to suffer first for us to realize what to avoid. but it's always the case with learned history.
faerieMagic07 chapter 56 . 1/3/2020
what did you do to poor innocent Josef?
faerieMagic07 chapter 54 . 1/3/2020
that was such a tender scene they shared. Josef was rather painted good with hissincerity to help and a sort of innocence.
fightboredom chapter 5 . 9/19/2019
I find it hard to believe the Earth's population in the early 23rd century is only 1 billion when we have 7 billion now. Even with declining birthrates and the wars etc. of the 21st century in Star Trek Canon I'd think the population would at least stay the same over the next 200 years.
fightboredom chapter 2 . 9/19/2019
You say he's 62 but that he's alone for the first time in 56 years. They bond at 7 5663 which makes more sense anyway because I thought Pon Farr always happens on a multiple of 7?
Superkatze chapter 53 . 8/3/2019
Love it.
Superkatze chapter 17 . 8/1/2019
Love the slow burn!
Superkatze chapter 4 . 7/31/2019
So fun! Thanks for writing.
thewritinglife chapter 63 . 6/11/2019
Really wonderful story! I love that it surprised me at several points. It also brought genuine tears to my eyes, because the emotions you portray are so real. Thank you for such a beautiful story. :)
2,459 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »