Reviews for Coutelier
A shade of grey91 chapter 3 . 5/31/2011
at first i wasn't about to leave a review to this story, not that there is anything wrong with it just that it is now around seven thirty in the morning and i have officially stayed up all night. I was too tired to review, but when i decided to read the other reviews to see other reactions to this story i decided my input was necessary. i also have questions.

i've only dreamed for the skill to effectively write snatches of a story in one cohesive puzzle that will all make sense in the end, and you put it together beautifully, i must admit i had actually thought that sephiroth was going to rape aeris and was quite ready to back out and find a gentler story. His "proposition" confused me and i was interested to see what exaclty that was, it cleared after the fact that they were married and still hadn't...produced

anyway enough of my crazy rambling, im just trying to say that your writing was very clear and interesting and im tired so now that ive made that clear very nice job.

P.s. lol i cant help but think when her kid does come out with black hair everyone thinks that she and zack are secretly lovers, when in all actuality zack and sephiroth are the secret lovers and Aeris, being the kind understanding woman that she is lets Sephiroth's lover bang her up for an heir. Good luck feeding that bit of info to the masses.

P.s.s. whats with the fork,spoon,knife bit?
Taney chapter 3 . 7/23/2010
Well, I'm not usually a fan of AU's, but I really enjoyed this one. I mean, who DOESN'T like the Medieval era? :D I was impressed with how you managed to weave the elements of the game so seamlessly into this setting. The way the story was told in fragments fit the mood nicely in my opinion, and as usual, your characterization was spot-on. *sigh* I envy how well you write Seph! And the love between the characters was so REAL:

'Sephiroth held her gaze. "Are you not reviled by it?"

"Gaia cares not much where men cast their judgments," she answered, "or their affections," and she returned to tending her garden.'

Absolutely loved that part! It made so much sense that Aeris would display that level of understanding. Ahh, I'm gushing, aren't I? I guess it's just been way too long since I've read your work. You truly are a talented writer :)
faunalind chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I liked this very much. Your subtle writing is what makes you one of my favorites. You leave so much to the imagination, yet write about small details, like a blink, a sigh, or a look. Also, I'm a sap for a happy ending. In my head Sephiroth's heir is a girl with black spiky hair.
xandria chapter 3 . 1/24/2010
Different from what I usually like, but interesting and captivating nonetheless. As always, it's a well-written piece from you. :-)
Bjanik chapter 3 . 1/2/2010
I often read other reviews to see how other readers are reacting to a story. The plot points in this one are really subtle, deliberately so, and I get where some readers aren't understanding somethings until later. I'd guess I'm an average reader for being able to follow that kind of thing, and I *think* I'm catching everything as I go, but just barely. It's a kind of uncomfortable and interesting feeling at the same time. The story is also very sparse with these short scenes, but it works because they are really condensed and potent. I saw a movie like that once; short, engaging scenes that cutaway to black and eventually it formed a complete story. It was oddly mesmerizing the same way this piece is. I couldn't survive on a steady diet of this style, but it's a great sort of artsy diversion.
mom calling chapter 3 . 12/30/2009
Clever Ardwynna. I am a lunkheaded reader and this story got me confounded from every angle. I did not see the Sephiroth/Zack relationship until the very, and I mean very, end. I misunderstood everything. And you wrote this in such a way that it was very easy for me to head down box canyons - no not canyons, maybe blind arroyos, because you wrote so sparingly - and see things that were never there. Endings that would never be. Still, I had plenty of company. The people of the court were fooled, too. I would think that's pretty hard to do-the people who fetch the hot water, and carry out the chamber pot know a lot about the lords and ladies they serve... So well done, Ardwynna. thx mc P.S. The knife, fork and spoon? I didn't get that, either-that this would be a 3 part story, the parts related and predictive (if one was in on the 'joke'). mc
Literary Eagle chapter 3 . 12/30/2009
Ah, a different take on the "Zack Sandwich" recipe. Delicious! _
chibipinkbunny chapter 3 . 12/29/2009
Hm, I'm a little bit confused. Sephiroth liked Zack all along? Aerith and Zack were in love, and Zack fell in love with Seph again after Aerith helped bring him back to him. I get that they were a threesome in the end. I didn't understand the whole thing about Ilfana and Elmyra. I had no idea this was finished so soon. I was kind of sad. I would have liked to have seen Seph and Zack fight over Aerith a bit. Lol, but I suppose it ended well enough. So Seph liked Aerith in the beginning, but not in the end when he found out who she was? I'm sorry, I'm bad at interpreting things. I understood everything in the first two chapters, but this one had me quite confused. Maybe someone else with post a review and clarify what happened. . . It was still good though :) Your writing is always excellent!
Mint chapter 2 . 12/21/2009
oh wow! Zack is in trouble! I like the way this is going! I hope we get to see some Zerith! It will be interesting to see what Sephiroth is going to do next! This is very nice! :)
Mint chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
I liked this first chapter! It sounds very interesting! Very well-written!
InkiBlinkiPinki chapter 2 . 12/17/2009
I love the setting and fast pace of the story! And the lil' love triangle is even better! lol

Poor Zack won't know what hit him O_o

Please don't make Aeris turn into an aging virginal spinster lol And please update soon!
Literary Eagle chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
Oh boy, Zack is here! That means fun. Or trouble. Probably both. _
mom calling chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
Clues may abound, but I'm dense and usually need to clobbered over the head to heed them. I'm enjoying myself here, though concerned about how you're going to handle Zack, and wondering about Seph... thx, Ardwynna Morrigu. Pleases me, thus far, this story does... mc
Aiakia chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
Ah, silly me. I remember this now from LJ. Glad to see you're officially posting it here with some (I think) alterations... Looking forward to the next installment.
chibipinkbunny chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
Oh, lol, I laughed at loud when you introduced Zack. Well, I certainly didn't expect that twist to the story. Uh oh. . . the ending sounds like it spells trouble for Zack. So Aerith and Zack like each other, which spells out a problem for Zack, no? Lol, aw, Zack couldn't not be charming if he tried. I'd fall for him in a second XD I liked how you used chocobos in this story. I love that actually and how Aerith was still in love with flowers. Oh, and towards the very end. I really liked this line. “Cheer up, Sephiroth.” Zack grinned and clapped him on the shoulder. “Shouldn't take you too much longer, I'd bet.” Sephiroth never blushed but he turned his face to the fire just in case.- Omg, such a funny line. I can just imagine it. Like I said, you're excellent at writing Sephiroth. He's a very subtle character, but he does have a personality. Thanks, I really enjoyed this! Update soon! I have to find out what happens to our poor Zack!