Reviews for A Winter Visitor
Laura Schiller chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Pitch-perfect. Esther's painful modesty, the parallels between Lady Dedlock and Edith Dombey, the way you combine all three novel-worlds, the Dickensian language, and even little details like Noggs' knuckle-cracking, are all just right.

I wish there were more Dombey and Son fanfiction around, it's such an underrated novel - and Edith is a great character. You've given her just the beautiful dignified send-off she deserved.
Joyce LaKee chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Congratulations, you've got me hyperventilating-I LOVE Newman Noggs. It's hard enough to find good NN fanfic, but with Newman Noggs? Made me smile. Made my day.

Oh, and BTW, I'm rather fond of Ester, too...

Happy writing.
Margo Duncan chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
This is absolutely brilliant! Bravo! I thought I was the only one with an interest in writing for Bleak House, but I am glad that it is alive and well in a writer so talented as yourself! Such a pity that dear Jarndyce is not present in this - except that clearly his beneficence has been well adapted by Esther. Gorgeous work here - you have channeled Esther so well! Thank you!
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Very nice! I really enjoyed your style of writing. Esther Summerson is one of my favorite Dickens characters. Thank you for sharing. :)
Nibs chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Wow, Christy, utterly WONDERFUL! It's weird seeing such a mash-up of characters, but it worked surprisingly well. Gotta love Esther, and your wording sounded very like Dickens.

"O, it seems to me, Mr. Noggs, that it is too, too easy to build up another’s life or shatter it through mere kindness and unkindness!"

That's an amazing quote to have come from a fanfiction!