Reviews for Yeah, My Best Friend Is A Dragon, So What?
Don't Ask chapter 19 . 5/13
I never knew I would live to see the day that Gunther would say "Fuck" XD
lareepqg chapter 1 . 5/6
I absolutely loved this, (read it all this afternoon) unfortunately don't have anything to add that hasn't been said already! It's fantastic, your writing has matured so wonderfully over the years. It was a treat-and a cheat- to see it happen in one reading-while you've been doing all the hard work. Congratulations and keep it up!
S. Chikyu chapter 19 . 5/3
Wow! Its been years since I read this! I just suddenly had a craving to read a Jane and the Dragon story, and your story happened to be on the first page. I recognized it immediately and remembered how great a story it was. I was behind quite a few chapters, but I'm all caught up now! It makes me very happy to see that this story is still going, and plans to continue. Keep up the good work!
Kyra4 chapter 19 . 4/28
OH and I forgot to say that I loved the dichotomy of the sort of two separate voices in Jane's head; the one insisting (as a coping mechanism I'm sure) that everything's okay because the bandits are dead and she and Gunther are not, and so everything happened the way it was supposed to... and the other opposing one that's going, NOTHING is okay, NOTHING happened the way it was supposed to, because THEY found US, not the other way around, and Gunther is wounded and this whole situation is pretty well FUBAR. Loved the internal dialogue and the contrast there.

AND I forgot to say that even though she's the one nurturing and caring for Gunther right now, I can foresee a time in the near future, when the immediacy of being in survival-mode is past, when I'm pretty sure their roles will be fully reversed - because she's going to need someone to take care of HER when it really actually hits home what she just did; she is taking care of Gunther's body, but she's going to badly need him to take care of her soul. Another contrast. Love it!
Kyra4 chapter 19 . 4/27
OH...MY...FLIPPNG...GAWD! Oh, Jane! This is going to mess with her psyche for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong long long time. A long time.

Holy crap. No quick, clean first kill for her. This is the stuff of nightmares... oh, Jane!

Wait, I said that already. I'm not terribly articulate after going through this... ORDEAL with her, sorry! And oh, Gunther! So hurt, so shocked, so IN shock, so stoic, so... struggling against being pulled under. And even so, growing increasingly more checked-out over the course of the chapter until finally he succumbs, and oh my heart hurts for him, and for Jane as she struggles to care for him - and for herself. And feverish! Oh God no! Don't spike a fever, Gunther, don't do it!

Favorite lines from this chapter:

"My dagger and my soul would never now be anything but things that had killed, and killed thirstily and without hesitation."

"The universe all around could stand a deep breath, could stand to remember that some lungs still drew in air."

"...and my hands were red with the blood of my enemy and my friend and the color was the exact same..."

And interestingly enough, this one: Gunther's voice was flat. "How."

I mean, there's not much content there, but something about it just felt deeply evocative to me... how he's still trying to think their situation through, and TALK it through with Jane, but is lapsing into monosyllables because he's just... God, he's just so wrecked right now.

And I think it also struck me because... JESUS CHRIST, HOW!? I wanna know that answer too!

How, how, how? Anyways, as always I am completely engrossed and hungry for more. Looking forward to another update hopefully soon!
biscuitweevil chapter 19 . 4/20
Well… that was a gripping and frightening and gut-wrenching chapter! ): But wonderfully written, and so many great lines, I don’t know if I could begin to go through them. I think the one that stuck with me, even after reading it and then thinking about it later, was the way you described Gunther’s blade when in the chapter before as being “unapologetic yet mercifully quick”.

By far, I think my favorite part was the arrow removal scene, how you balanced out the technical medical side with Jane’s emotional response (as well as Gunther’s). It really reminded me of a scene from a movie that I felt was especially well acted (it involved an amputation), because it strove for a sense of immediacy that made the fleeting shots of pain and emotional torque the characters were experiencing that much more poignant, and I feel like you captured that same emotion here.

I also have a theory (I haven’t read anyone else’s comments, but it’s probably been said) about how there came to be three bandits: is it possible for the other twin to have been carried, and maybe that being the cause of the deeper footprints the two had seen earlier? Hopefully not that they’ve stumbled into a den of bandits, anyway, or that reinforcements are close by. That would not bode well with Jane still reeling from the experience of killing for the first time and Gunther, injured and likely hung over.

Your style and story are both really enchanting: I find myself eagerly looking forward to, and yet dreading, the next chapter, because I know there is chance it could be equally, if not even more gut-wrenching than this latest update. So, I’m just going to sit here for the time being and try to think about them being happy and well and safe back in the castle. (‘:
Travis chapter 1 . 4/13
lit fam 10/10
GhibliGirl91 chapter 19 . 4/12
THAT WAS SO DRAMATIC! And so good. I know they're both all fucked up but I am super excited at the sleeping beside each other trope. Look I'm thirsty for ship content. Don't judge me.
flittz chapter 19 . 4/11
Poor Jane! Man, was I wrong. That was brutal and I'm sure we'll see more repercussions of Jane's first kill later on. And perhaps Gunther's trauma as well! Once again, your writing is so vivid and captivating, it was like I could feel how silent and cold it was in the forest. Half-expected to see my breath as I was reading! Lovely prose! Things have definitely taken a darker turn now and it's moments like this that either make you or break you. Hoping for the former for Jane and Gunther! :)
bluestargirl1 chapter 19 . 4/5
!
omg,,, I have been following this story for about 4/5 years now and it always gets me excited to see an update!
I've seen your writing improve and change over the years and I love what you are doing with this story!
The whole arrow bit was so intense and I could practically feel Gunther's pain.
I literally cannot wait for the next update! I am so excited to see what happens next!
Also! I want to thank you for never abandoning this story and updating it over time!
Thank you for writing this fanfic and have a great day! :}
Lily chapter 19 . 4/5
Goodness, I can feel the pain right now and my own eyes are prickling. I have loved this story since I came across it years ago and I cannot wait to see where it goes next. Thank you so much. :)
SunRise19 chapter 19 . 4/4
Wow, what a chapter! amazing writing! The detail in how you wrote about Jane removing the arrow I found so interesting! This whole chapter was so emotional, or perhaps I am I don't know. However, this whole story is brilliant! I can't believe it is over 7 years old! Amazing!
I really wish more episodes of the show were to be made. It isn't going to happen, so I am glad this fanfic is here! I look forward to reading more asap!
aw
Bookloverdream chapter 18 . 3/28
Hooray for the update! Another winner!
Don't ask chapter 18 . 3/21
Woah, what the f*ck? I need more