Reviews for A Distant Christmas
jagaimo-chan chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Gosh, this is so incredibly beautiful QQ I love it so much, I don't even know what to say. Josef being all emotional and nostalgic. Gaahhh And Mick's playing . I'm melting right now. *sniffs* Thank you so much for writing this!

On a side note...this kind of makes me feel less childish about being an adult who still receives a boot of sweets and other gifts from my parents on that particular day XDD
ferret assassin nin chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Aw...I loved this story. It was so sweet and touching, especially when Josef gave the candy to the kids at the Christmas Party. For a minute, I thought St. Nicholas really had visited Josef, that hosting the Christmas Party, St. Nicholas rewarded Josef. Well, I suppose that is a far stretch, but you never know. Then, when the bottle of Scotch was there, I drew the same conclusion as Josef. St. Nick, St. Mick; it's a funny connection. Again, I absolutely loved this story; Christmas Josef style. I like it.

ferret nin
Miria chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Aww, that's so nice of Mick! :) Lovely story!
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
This was a great story. It had the right elements of sweetness, combined with a touch of humor, that made it really wonderful to read. Great job!
Sandra Fegan chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
A sweet sentimental side to Josef not seen before. Santa St John not St Nick LOL
Space Foxes chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
I love it!

Especially the end bit!

I can just imagine the looks that people were giving him!

It makes me LOL!
J.W.Melmoth chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Jaay! I liked this a lot even though Christmas season is over already :) I love Mick waving to the security cam :)

Oh and- because you asked about German Christmas : we do still get those candle holders for trees. They have a weight on one side to balance them out,it's perfectly safe, especially with self-snuffing candles.
moonjat54 chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
That was a very sweet and lovely story. St Mick it is. I always loved the relationship between Josef and Mick. Your story put me in the holiday spirit.
francis2 chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Aww, that was delightful. Even when I think some of the traditions you let Josef have weren't really there in 16th century (no tree until 19th century, no sparklers until 20th, but the St. Nicolas tradition is really that old) it was a great read.

"St. Mick, patron saint of best friends." That one made me smile. Thank you.
Eryndil chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Lovely story! It's nice to think about Josef and his Christmasses past. I love the idea of Mick sneaking into the office like a kind of vampire Santa!
stilljustceci chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Aw, that was so sweet! Loved the fancy bottle of scotch especially. These two are the best. :D
Entrelac chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Great story. :) As always, the characters seem very true to the show, and I especially like that Mick not only filled the boot per the traditions Josef mentioned, he gave his friend the chance to surprise all of the party guests with that pile of sweets.

Thanks for the Christmas cheer!
Kalidris chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Aah ... yeah - Nikolaus . Thankfully he always was nice enough not to put twigs in my shoe, apparently my parents put in a good word for me *lol*. When I came to work on Monday he even had put something on my desk ).

I didn't recognize all the traditions you mentioned, but well - no one can know everything, don't you agree? Cute story and I almost could see Mick waving into the camera *gg*
Not Jessica chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
great story, its really well written!

this is a great traditional chrissy yarn, tis the season a suppose!