Reviews for The Deep Breath and the Plunge
Guest chapter 16 . 7/18/2012
Re-read this; felt the need to say "specificity" five times fast. Miss you and this series.
dal segno al fine chapter 17 . 12/3/2011
D I love your writing! Please don't let Isane die!

Please take a nice relaxing (or as nice as it can get) break before returning to the world of fanfiction! And please return as soon as you want to!

I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment in this series

Don't stop writing

p.s. Crack pairings are awesome, and I love the way you make the pairings actually work! All the characters have personality and feelings and depth man, I wish I could have half your talent . . .

I know you don't even know me but have you watched Ouran High School Host Club? There's a character there who goes by Hani-senpai who is the perfect match for Yachiru! Though I know you support Starrk x Yachiru. I believe that Starrk's love for Lilynette is merely paternal and that Starrk, although he would find comfort in Yachiru's current state and vice versa, would not love Yachiru in a romantic way. Neither would Yachiru spill out her feelings to him after just meeting him, but that's just what I think. Sorry about making you go through this. In any case, this story should have a million more reviews than it has right now. :) I'll hopefully be reviewing every single chapter after this one, because I don't think you would want me to go back and review the previous chapters that you wrote a while back. Read you soon! (did that even make sense? .)
liferscove2118 chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
nice work.

and if you need help cause you like and write the crack pairings;

then so do we cause the crack pairings are always the most fun.
Hebi R chapter 17 . 10/3/2011
You've been missed ever so much! But, oh, Isane! And oh, Kiyone and Retsu! Not to mention how, from a purely tactical standpoint, the 13 really did not need the loss of a lieutenant right now.

You really do not hold back!

Btw, "What has/will be keeping you?" ask the inquiring minds.
Ginnya chapter 17 . 9/28/2011
Okay, I must say that this over-protectiveness can be dangerous... Isane think for Shinigami's sake! I really hope that you wont kill her, because I rather like Isane. But if you have no place for her in your Universe will live with that. I hope that you have enjoyed your summer and thank you so much for remembering us and updating.
LegendaryRuler chapter 17 . 9/27/2011
This is ... sad. Aw. I liked Isane.

On a less personal note, a nice, short chapter, with a dramatic twist and plenty of inner thought, perfect for a "I'm back!" type of post.
BloodyCrystal chapter 17 . 9/27/2011
Oh no, Isane! Aww... Excuse me while I cry a little. I really love Isane, despite how little screentime she has. I like that you've captured a more serious/Determinator side of her than has been typically shown in the manga. It definitely suits her. I'm just kind of sad that she's the latest casualty. I mean, I knew there would be more, so... And the way you did it works really well. I like the flow of this, and how Isane's strength shows through. Good job! I'm looking forward to the next epic as well as the next installment for this.
Nocturna Mae chapter 16 . 8/18/2011
Are you going to be continuing this fic? I certainly hope so, as I've enjoyed this fic (as well as all the other associated ones), and I'd really like to see the end of this one. :)
Megan chapter 16 . 7/4/2011
That was beautiful, keep writing, it's amazing. The lethal blizzard actually makes sense, rather than some of the stuff that gets made up.
Racheakt chapter 7 . 4/19/2011
Yo, V

I've been reading your stories of late, V. and I've heard that you plan on implementing a Sarrk-Yachiro pairing.

I do wonder, have you considered haveing Yachiro help Starrk re-acheive ressurrecion? Somewhat similar to how Urahara and Yurochi helped Ichigo. Meaning- I don't think Lilinette is dead in a permanent fashion (the same way a zanpakuto isin't dead when it breaks- as long as it's weilder is also alive it can, eventually, be restored.

Though it is possible that she will be unable to manifest in tangible form. Whatever floats your boat... Though... If you think about it, the WORST POSSIBLE FATE for poor Byakuya is a tangible Lilinette teaming up with Yachiru. Tag team.

O.M.G.

You've totally got to do something like that.

Thoughts? I'd totally be up to bouceing ideas off the wall to see if they stick, y'know?

Later.

R.
laughingspider chapter 16 . 3/8/2011
Well, this is a pretty awesome story indeed! I'm glad that you seem to be updating it and I'm really enjoying. Excellent work on Rukia's bankai, as well. Original and interesting.

Thanks!

-Shawn
hu3long2 chapter 16 . 2/15/2011
Whoa! Sorry for the late review, but I finally got down to it! I love where all your related series are currently, interludes and all, including the Orihime dinner one and especially the Ichigo confesses to Rukia despite the poor examples of his (not-)brain trust! It was great seeing it from the girl's and boy's side- Byakuya giving Rukia an elegant kick in the pants, which he probably enjoyed as much for the tit-for-tat as he felt it was in Rukia's best interest, and Ichigo realizing that all his cronies were confession-losers.

Anyway... this one. I love all your crazy pairings up until this chapter- Stark and a grown-up Yachiru, that one makes so much sense given how you've developed the story, Shuuhei and Lisa- whoa, who would have thunk? But once again, it makes scary sense. Rose and Karin- lifelong friendship? After all, she does have the Kurosaki men to scare off almost any men! And as for this chapter, Ichigo and Rukia- Totally agree, their romance is conducted along hair-pulling, leg kicking, fist punching, juvenile repartee lines, and it's quite, quite darling! I was very very amused at the bankai you gave Rukia- given that she has the most beautiful zanpakutou in SS- and it is said, the most beautiful shikai, her bankai is downright disgusting, and a real contrast, just like you have Unohana's shikia as healing and her bankai as lethal, though... in a different way! Will there be more comments on it? I would love to read about other people's reactions to her bankai, especially her two brothers :-0 Especially since their own bankais are so different- Byakuya's always beautiful, Renji, wild, primeval and powerful... Though, not unless you were always planning to write it! (I'm also wondering if you were planning to have them converse with their own zanpakutou about it... or Toshirou with Hyourinmaru... sorry, sorry, I'm starting to sound obnoxious, I know! I'm seriously happy to read anything, anything you come with up, so just ignore me!)

I like the angst here- since it got resolved happily and ended in banter- Rukia's push towards bankai, her desperation, just like Ichigo and Renji when they wanted to save her, very nice triangle. ... darn, totally off-topic- have you ever read the Dark Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop? That's how I think of Rukia- 3 men, father, brother and lover... though the father analogy isn't as exact, but it was Byakuya who gave her the Kuchiki name... Anyway... what I mean to say is that I always love how you always write the 4 of them as intricately connected, and I do really feel that it does describe the dynamic very well!

Thanks so much for all the recent updates! I've reread them several times!
stormcrowley chapter 16 . 2/11/2011
For what amounts to a single scene intermingled with flashbacks, this chapter worked impressively well throughout.

From Rukia's conversations with Sode no Shirayuki to the present reality of the battlefield, this chapter read very quickly, despite the length. In fact, I barely noticed, because of how well the entire chapter flowed.

And, at the end of it, Rukia got her bankai - fittingly frightening for her, while also giving small hints that, like with her shikai, there might be more to learn. That hint was subtle, but it was a nice touch.

Additionally, Rukia & Ichigo's relationship really is fun to watch, especially the way you portray them. In your writing, they are never out of character from how I've seen them before, or thought of them myself, which is a nice touch. As you put it, they're the "hair-pulling name-calling couple," which is an amusingly apt description.

This was another very good chapter, and I await the next in either of your stories.

-s/t
Nata-chan chapter 16 . 2/11/2011
Yet again, an amazingly well-written point-of-view story that introduces us, the readers, to what's going on inside the minds of the characters! Masterfully done!
Hebi R chapter 15 . 2/3/2011
I thought those two were already together. What about that "family" dinner?

I do love that pairing. They really are cute together.

I hope Orihime's cupcakes don't send those poor injured shinigami back to death's...or whoever's...door. Though I like maple icing.