Reviews for And To All A Good Night chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
That was really insightful, just love how well Bobby knows the boys and his conversation with Dean bittersweet.
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
So, so very telling. I often fantasize about what might Sam and Dean have been like if John passed away when they were young and if they were raised by Bobby, Pastor Jim or the Harvelle's.
Zyanya chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Wanna be there...looks like a great night, thanks :)
ccase13 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
I like that Bobby paid more attention to the boys' Christmas than John did. Since he left them alone young, I sure he never wasted time on Christmas when his sons were almost grown.
Marcia Litman chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Love a lot your fic *-*
Amazing and sensive.
Love the relationship that Bobby has with the Wainchester.

moira4eku chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
This line really made me think: "that he hadn’t been able to do anything to prevent the young man before him from being stuck into this life he was never meant to have." Bobby's insight to Dean's true potential is heartbreaking. Dean really could have been so much more than a "hunter". I hate to see Dean so down on his worth. Look how he transformed Bobby's house to a Christmas wonderland. He really knows electronics. It's too bad he was never able to go to college. Bobby acts more like a father than John ever did. Thanks for the story, I don't know how I missed it. It was really eye opening into Bobby and Dean's minds.
TheMacUnleashed chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Nice story! Lovely characterizations, of Bobby in particular, and it was quite fitting for the holiday season.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
That was a really insightful look not only at Bobby's relationship with the Winchesters, and Dean in particular, but also at Dean's own sense of self worth, coloured as it has been by his sense of himself only being important with regards to his dad's "mission".

Nicely done.
Psychee chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
I very much enjoyed this story.
Helen chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
I really liked Bobby trying to talk to Dean, although I have no idea why Bobby was so sad at the idea that Dean was happy with his life. What is so wrong with Dean being happy with what he has just, because it isn't what Bobby would want for him? Dean likes hunting, he likes his life. I do not think he could really be happy with a 'normal' life. That just isn't Dean. Even if John had raised them traditionally, I think Dean would have been a rebel and probably ended up just partying and wasting his life.

I do get the feeling that your Bobby isn't fond of Sam though and I think that is sad. I was just left with the impression that the man thinks Sam is holding Dean back and, really, the only thing that is holding Dean back is Dean. Dean doesn't want to leave and is happy in his role. What is so wrong with that? Dean isn't a martyr - he had a good life. Well until his father died.
staceycj chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Awesome little Christmas tale! Loved it!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 12/9/2009

I love how Bobby sees Dean. He really sees him as a wonderful young man that his family as always underestimated.

I particulary love this part: "until Dean understood how much potential he had, how much value, how much worth." So sad that this message never really made it to Dean's mind...
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Aww! Very bittersweet. Loved it.