Reviews for Twiglet's Tribulation
Bonnygirl10 chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Oh this is so sad, yet so beautifully written. You seem to capture Tolkien's style so effortlessly; well done and keep it up!
Melting Angels chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This was so sweet and cute, yet sad at the same time. ;_;

Dem feels ;_;
riptocs chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
sad, but very cute at the end
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Oye, listening to the sorrowful msuic from the LOTR soundtracks really add to sadness of the story.

Well done.
Eminnis chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
This. Is. So. Sad!

Legolas is so...innocent! Unknowing!

It'd be interesting to see how he is when he grows up knowing all of this. I mean in the movies at least we never get a lot of insight to him.

Eminnis
Ithirhen chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
i came close to crying when legolas wondered what happened to his naneth. :'(

great writing!
Elwilith chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I love your Twiglet stories. You write so well, I get completely lost in the details and the way you so colourfully illustrate their emotional states. Not to mention how you broaden my vocabulary.

Thank you for sharing with us, can hardly wait for the next one.
callietitan chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
YES YOU'RE BACK! my world ended when I saw you'd taken down your stories. This was very cute and sad, so good job on that. One small question though, will you be reposting your old stories? I'm really crazy about them. PLEASE DO!
Galadrieliel chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Oh, that was a sad story... But now I know how Pharin died!

Really good, Evendim, I LOVE your stories in this serie.
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
I am finally getting the chance to catch up with your Twiglet tales. This was so heartbreaking and beautiful. Like so much of all of our favorites, love is ever entwined with heartbreak and tragedy. Sigh, yet it forges our favorites into the heroes they shall be. This was bittersweet and laced with the lovely traces of humor that mark so much of your work. It was exquisite. Thank you.
appleblooms chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
Glad to see some new Twiglet stories. I always love the Twiglet stories. Keep up the great writing
Virodeil chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Oh my... How sad... It was made more poinient by the innocence displayed by Legolas, and how Doren tried to cope while at once tending to his little brother. The foreboding could be felt in the entire first part of the story, despite Legolas argument with his parents over oatmeal breakfast. (Oatmeal! And to think that later in the day his mother would be struck down by spiders... You portrayed the events very well and lifelike, Evendim.) But why did she not go to her mare and bid Lasbelin (I hope I was not misspelling her name) to bear the both of them away before the spiders could strike? Somehow I felt a kind of disjointed scene from the sequence of events there...

Legolas' haunted look was what struck me the most. The entire story was summaried in that one look. And it was, to me, also the sharpest image to portray it all. To think that people must still carry on with their immediate duties while stricken with overwhelming grief... and the little Elfling lost her cherished mother too, in one of the most horrifying way possible. I would have said that Farin's reaction to the threat posed by the unseen monsters was dramatic and too warrior-like, but in a way she also conveyed the instinct of a mother to protect her young in any way possible and thinkable.

A very good job, Evendim. Thank you for sharing.

- Rey
gilraenfan chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Welcome back! Oh, my God! I can't believe. After a whole year, you is back, as Twiglet says.

I simply LOVE your fics. This is so sad and sweet. Twiglet is one of my fav characters. The little one is so cute. I love him. Poor Queen Pharin! It's so sad. And now Thranduil is alone with his children. And poor Twig!

Thank you, thank you so much. You made me very happy.

Kisses

Gil
Me chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Heart wrenching as ever! I laughed and cried! You have such a way with words! But ... Where did all your stories go? I miss little Estel and all of your other stories! Im glad your back!
Dark-Fate17 chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Excellent! I love your writing style. I enjoyed this story though it was sad. Your charactization was excellent and I look forward to your other stories