Reviews for The Forgotten
Evilkitten3 chapter 1 . 5/24
I feel so bad for the Thief... his life was turned to shit, and he never got any sort of closure...
Youngbountygirl chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
I actually have never thought about this. I had assumed that the thief king had already died in his own madness due to the 3000 years of solitary confinement. He was basically a vegetable. Since the ring is destroyed, the thief king probably died too and it was probably for the best.

Good story!
BlueSpiritFire1 chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Yugi wasn't the only one who cried at the end of that.
Rehema chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Absolutely fantastic, the way you've shown the WHOLE story of Kul Elna, instead of portraying Akunadin as a total villain! You've shown all sides of the story-the who, why, etc...

I hope you write more!

P.S. It's realistic (for YGO), fitting for the storyline, etc...!

I agree, btw-Marik has changed. But didn't he cause Arkana to commit suicide? But did Marik really never actually kill anyone? Himself, I mean? Really! I hope you're right!

P.S.S. I'm glad you respect and utilize the dub version, unlike a lot of fans. While I do agree that 4K!ds went overboard with the censoring, I still think it's a fairly good show in its own right. 'Sides, it's the only version I'm familiar with! Ha! I should probably watch the subbed, no?

Anyhow, this fic was... if I say almost perfect, that would imply a flaw, which I don't think I could find! Perfecto! Totally in character too! Will it have a resolution?

Hehe... I'm really NOT trying to be a brown-noser.
YamiBakura1988 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
nice story
Fenrir's Daughter chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Sometimes that hurt never goes away. It might ease a little with time, but it's never really gone. Truly touching.

Luv,

FD
Harry2 chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Oh trust me Atem and Yugi, Bakura and his dark side DID survive! It will be interesting to see how they all intereact with one another when they return to Domino city.
DarkManedFox chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
O_O...this is intriguing...so full of suspense...
YumeTakato chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
There really are too many things left unexplained. I also find the whole Memory Arc as a complete ruse- seriously. I honestly don't think Yami really got his true memories- sure, there was truth in them I s'pose, but seriously. He was so oblivious, and even in the end, I honestly don't think he understood what happened since he didn't get the *real* story. I would have been fine with it's legitimacy if it hadn't turned out to be a FREAKING RPG BOARD GAME. -facepalm- I know Games have a serious impact on the series, but... good grief. They threw away the legitimacy of 'memory' when 'game' came into play- and then Yami jsut walked off to 'eternity'. I feel like he was tricked into the afterlife. -sigh-
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Ooh, I really love the title and how it relates to Yugi's musings. I dunno, I like that you've been going into Thief King's backstory lately, I've always really liked the backstory they gave him in canon. It makes a lot of sense, that he'd be the way he is because of the traumatizing things that happened. ;_;

And I think you did fine with Atem here. He sounds serious and with a strong moral compass, which is how I think he should sound.
Happyfish chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
*SNIFF SNIFF* WRITE MORE?
frenziedpanda7 chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
A sad but very well done story. Too often it is forgotten that the thief had reason for his hatred and anger.
Wolfwhispers chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
As usual, your work is absolutely amazing. I love Yugi agonizing over this, because honestly stuff like this is rarely ever mentioned. Bakura is just considered the bad guy with no questions asked, even when they all know the cause behind his intentions. I would love to see a sequel to this. Maybe Yugi continuing with his line of thought or maybe making a visit to Egypt to pay tribute to the lost souls so that they may find their resting spot. Whatever happens, I look forward to your future works. :)
butterflybg chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Wow, I love this because it could actually take place after the show ended. I read in fanfictions that Zorc was sealed into the Puzzle along with Atem. Then I read the manga and confirmed it, I think, though I wouldn't be able to recall what volume I read or what exactly was said.

Basically, Atem knew he wasn't able to defeat Zorc 30 years ago without knowledge of the gods, so he sealed Zorc's soul into the puzzle, along with his own after sealing away his memories, which had the answer to defeating Zorc, and his name which was the key to unlocking his memories. So someday he would return and find the knowledge to defeat Zorc along with his memories. Or at least that's the impression that I'm under, I could be wrong. Honestly, the whole story is so interesting...that's why I'm babbling, sorry! Anyways, I think you did a great job writing this story! )
sucredesang chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Wow, that's deep. But I loved it!