Reviews for Picture Retribution
MotekElm chapter 7 . 7/11
I love this ending.
I would have favorited this story if it did not have the stupid anti vaccine propaganda regarding chicken pox. Varicella vaccines save lives. I've seen a child die if natural chicken pox. In the USA, not the "3rd world". Just because something is natural doesn't make it harmless or better than non natural.
MotekElm chapter 6 . 7/11
yay
MotekElm chapter 5 . 7/11
nice chapter. I have to Jeep reading. my guess is both men are Draco with polyjuice, or at least the man in the park
MotekElm chapter 4 . 7/11
I'm glad Hermione finally snapped and left him. I'm surprised it took this long. I hope Draco really has to grovel and earn her forgiveness
MotekElm chapter 3 . 7/11
very well written. I'm full on ugly crying at the end of this chapter. not just feeling like crying, but actual big fat tears. wow
MotekElm chapter 2 . 7/11
such a sad story. Hermione is alone and abused. Draco neglects her and their daughter, cheats on her, etc
Jen7 chapter 8 . 6/13
I really liked it. all the emotions in one story.
well done
I have to say that I’m extremely concerned about the reviews and positive feedback this story has gotten. I will grant that it’s well-written and grammatical issues are infrequent enough. However, that doesn’t change the fact that it romanticizes rape. I don’t like giving up on stories. I made it to chapter 5, but I can’t continue this. Seeing the rave reviews this has gotten frightens me. It means that somewhere in the world, impressionable children are reading this and believing that it shows “love conquers all,” and that Draco was just really bad at showing his feelings but he’s changed. Rape is inexcusable. Stories like this only propagate misinformation about consent and make it difficult for rape victims get justice.

Perhaps you’re another impressionable mind who has been misled into believing that rape is forgiveable, or believe that “it’s not rape if the woman enjoys it.” Biological response has nothing to do with informed, conscious consent. Please, for the sake of the readers and for the damaging culture that must change, take this down. Or at least acknowledge non-con elements in the description and add a discussion of conscious consent before the rape scene.

Don’t let me discourage you from writing. Your character development is realistic and well-done. While the descriptions of sex are rather off, fantasy is totally acceptable in fan fiction and no one should begrudge you that. You have talent, and should work to develop that. But please listen to the reviewers who have brought this up and do something about it. While the apologistic culture we find ourselves in isn’t your doing, romanticizing rape in any manner at all isn’t helping anyone and can do much more damage than you can imagine.
DearPheonix chapter 8 . 4/17
I want to love this. It is well written and has strong and realistic character development. However I also hate it for the same reasons I hate "The Duchess" movie that gave inspiration for a part of your story. The sense of betrayal by Draco could have been achieved by many other means. Making him a rapist for the drama of the scene leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and in a way normalizes such actions. As he is never really called to the carpet for his actions... a happily ever after is NOT the natural progression from such actions. I am a fan of the work, just not that aspect of this fic.
Asffghjkl chapter 8 . 3/30
Opps.

As I was saying. You are terrific with words and a really author. You write angst beautifully in a way. It hits you right the feels. I enjoy angst but too much it can kill a reader . A few humour parts should be included.

In one chapter Hermione said Draco made her stronger but the Hermione that I know would not take her husband's abuse. Because that is what it was-abuse-.

I hope that you don't take this review to heart and get angry/hurt . This was my opinion.

I wish you all of the best.
Asffghjkl chapter 8 . 3/30
I really tried to finish your fic. Believe me that I really tried until chapter 5.

This fic really was a shit dramione gone wrong
Asffghjkl chapter 4 . 3/30
I am so glad that Hermione got the fudge out of there! Draco is a shitty husband and father. The way that he treated Rei and his wife is atrocious.

I don't ship draimone and after finish this fic I'll steer clear of the fandom for awhile.

You are a good writer though
Leilla Phantomhive chapter 6 . 3/24
I like this Chap Hermione and Draco seemed to be getting along but I still skip whenever Hermione has encounters with other malesXD
Oh my gosh. This story makes my heart hurt in so many different places.
Leilla Phantomhive chapter 5 . 3/24
Again! I don't really like Hermione dating another guy and feeling things with other guys that didn't include Draco. My logic side is telling me about what Hermione must feel through those years but I decided to be stubborn tonight