Reviews for Like an Island
anthropologist chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
The very intense Brennan&Booth shipper in me is very, very glad that you didn't leave "Break Even" as a oneshot. :) This was a great continuation; even with my high expectations, you didn't disappoint at all - in fact, you even exceeded them. My heart is really breaking for both Brennan and Booth at this point. You stay very true to Brennan's character, and I love this part especially: She wanted to be safe. Safe from heartbreak, safe from the sudden, wrenching, unimaginable loss that seemed to loom around every corner of her thoughts. But in running she was searching for something that didn’t actually exist. "There is no safety in love; loving someone is the riskiest thing you can do with your heart. Even six thousand miles couldn’t take the love out of her, couldn’t make her safe, because once you love someone there’s no such thing as being safe anymore. There is only faith that they won’t hurt you, but what faith could he have in her now? What faith could she have in herself?" So amazingly written... you're my favorite!
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
heartbreaking, will she make the attempt to go home, see what she left behind? will booth still be waiting? look forward to more soon
nedra1212 chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
I love this story! Can't wait for the end (happy, I hope!) but Brennan needs a serious kick in the head!
Beneaththefalls chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Really good...I was pleasently suprised to see the sequel. Perhaps BB can have a happy ending...I wish though that Bones will find the courage to risk instead of Booth's desperation. I look forward to part 3.

Beneaththefalls
hipplanet chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
So glad you decided to continue this storyline! Can't wait to find out what happens next...

Rachel
Kriti chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
god that was im mad at her 's done this to herself...and him.i hope he doesn't forgive her has to...he i hope he doesn't make it easy because even though she's sad right now she has to understand the extent of what she makes others go through when she of them may not stick around because they don't realise that she's not cold hearted in time...but then she keps them at a distance the ones that do stick around she keeps pushing and pushing until they do back off or she runs away.i think brennen's scenario is a lot like a self fulfilling prophecy(ya iv reading a lot of buffy side by side-cud u tell?)a lot of what happens to her is because she lets it or pushes to the point of making it happen.

...and u can also tell how much free time i had n how crazy i am when i rant so much about how im unhappy with a fictional character,acting as if she's a real person!haha!...but this is great!im glad ur writing more along these lines because the last story just felt unfinished,like the ending was incomplete...there was more there...and there is!yay for us!..do update soon!thank u!
ridingnwriting chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
This is an excellent piece of writing. Your writing style is smooth and fluid and you have done an excellent job creating an emotional picture. I hope you do decide to keep working on this storyline, it has the potential to be spectacular.
love2read2much chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I like where you are going with this story.

Look forward to reading more from you soon.
mendenbar chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
You really, really need to issue tissue alerts! IF she stays away too long, it really will be over.
Rose Aarac chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I can't wait for part 3! Keep up the great work!
a2zmom chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Excellent look into Brennan's fears here. I almost hope she doesn't go back and things stay broken between them - sometimes life just doesn't give us what we want.
Kalidris chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I'm so glad that you gave us a 2nd chapter ( a 3rd and 4th ), you cannot imagine that at all. Ok, maybe you can with all the reviews you'll get *lol*.

I really hope someone will knock some sense into Bones and/or Booth, that either shell come home to him or that he'll fly to her to get her back ...?
SimOph52 chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Excellent chapter! I can't wait for part three. Someone better make a dang move... they are far too stubborn for their own good! haha Keep up the good work!
daisy07 chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Beautiful! I found it heartening that she is now able to recognise her shortcomings with regards to relationships. I'm glad you decided to write further chapters. You wrote this so well, and your description of the situation in that area was heartbreaking.
greymind chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
This is a powerful story. I can feel Bones' heartache and so true to her character. Wonderful job, thank you!