Reviews for Higher Power
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 19 . 4/16/2011
Original bit of work, I’ll give you that.

Your gradual development of the circumstances that lead to Miley and Lilly’s mothers participating in the experiment and the powers that they developed as a result were well-described, although your writing style is slightly let down in some places by your direct focus on the characters’ thoughts when you could explore their feelings in a more indirect manner.

Still, your power-related ideas were certainly interesting; Lilly’s power manifesting as density control rather than simple intangibility was a particularly interesting twist, although Jackson’s ‘casual’ reaction to his discovery of Miley’s power and the comparison to Jean Grey was another effective touch that also reflected the natural brother/sister bond that the two shared (I just wish you’d done a scene where he compared Lilly to the Vision- an android member of the Avengers, if you don’t know who that is- when he found out about HER ability).

Even on a personal level you did a good job, with Miley and Lilly’s friendship forming under believable and natural circumstances that began with an essentially chance meeting and progressed in an excellent manner from that point onwards (Nice touch with Lilly’s indirect role in inspiring Miley to create the Hannah identity, on that topic).

And as for the moment when they discovered each other’s secrets...

A simple concept that was nevertheless explored in an excellent manner (Particularly the part where they nearly ‘overloaded’ each other’s powers when Miley tried to provide her side of the story); nice bit of work.

However, it was their internal conflict over their respective feelings for each other and the thought that the other didn’t feel the same way that REALLY helped this story shine; I might have preferred longer paragraphs in that area, but the quality of such moments as Miley’s personal revelation that issues of sexuality simply don’t apply when she’s focusing on how she feels about LILLY more than make up for that, I assure you.

Keep up the good work; can’t wait for more!
Phoebex13 chapter 19 . 8/7/2010
SO I read the whole story today at a stretch...

and I absolutely LOVED IT you're so awsome I can't even find the right words for it:)

I'm gonna read the sequel now!

x
Spanish girl chapter 19 . 6/21/2010
Awesome, this is really great, I love your story its the best

Its amazing
spiritedghost chapter 7 . 6/4/2010
Second read through and it just get's better and better. (smiles) I love this series, when do you do the 3rd installment?
spiritedghost chapter 5 . 5/29/2010
Gotta say I love this. Call me crazy, but you not only stay true to your characterization of Miley and Lillie (and of course all the other characters) But the mind powers are an excellent touch. Just the right amount of SciFi. So Good job and when I am done, I will give another review and read the sequel. As for your exposition, it is great so don't think that in itself is not progress we need the background to understand what is to come and I am only on Ch 4 heads Carolina, Tails California.
7RyPtoPh4n chapter 19 . 2/12/2010
very fresh and original - i loved it! ;D
Darkened Past chapter 19 . 1/21/2010
Amazing. Loved it completely.
SQLove chapter 19 . 1/15/2010
This is one of the greatest Liley stories I've read so far. I love the way that you put a twist on the story but also kept true to the characters personalities. I cant wait for the sequel. Oh yeah, I LOVE the powers and how they progress with them.
lileyfan123 chapter 19 . 1/15/2010
Its sad the story ended. I wanted it to keep going on. But it has to end for there to be a sequel. Cant wait to see how the sequel goes.

Also this story Defiantly gets a 10 out 10. GREAT JOB
TheRatherOddJedi chapter 19 . 1/15/2010
I have been reading this fic since the begining and I just love. Can't wait for the sequel
Lovergirl242 chapter 19 . 1/14/2010
HAHA BEST LINE: "Your mother is doing a happy dance in her head." i think i laughed so hard at that i woke up my parents! Absolutely great original story, loved it fully! Can't wait for that sequal! Fricken AWESOME! definately a favorite story of mine! W/3 LG
musicisinmysoul chapter 18 . 1/14/2010
i love it. I can't wait to find out what happen next. ink
lileyfan123 chapter 18 . 1/13/2010
Loved the little chat between Miley and Oliver. Plus Lilly didn't try and force Miley to make a decision right there and then. This way miley can actually think and make the right choice.

I seriously don't want this Installment to end. But so far yo have me hooked.

Also hope your feeling better. :)
John Chubb chapter 17 . 1/13/2010
YES! Telepathy, I knew it. Well the read minds aspect, but I don't think that will stop Miley from trying to talk to Lilly telepathically. Could be a unique form of communication between the two. Miley able to read Lilly's thoughts, and if she allows it Miley can open her mind up to Lilly so she can read her thoughts.

Miley could possibly use her power to get inside someone's mind and do something like the Jedi mind trick or something. Like Amber saying "You're a loser" and Miley going "I am not a loser." Then Amber would say "I am not a loser." and who knows what else.

I also had a thought about Miley's telekinesis. She was able to levatate Lilly, could Miley be able to levitate herself so she could have an ability to fly? With that you could probably have a Miley/Lilly moment like Superman had with Lois Lane in the Superman movie.

Food for thought, what you do with it is up to you. Sometimes the most unexpected things can happen when powers are explored further. Lilly found strength with her density ability. She might be capable of more. Like becoming so hard she becomes a statue or so dense light can pass through her even to where she can become invisible.
MiniAsherz chapter 17 . 1/13/2010
I havent reviewed ths fic in ages! Sorry for that, watching race to witch mountain last night suddenly made me think of this story, which has got so much more intresting! Man, Lilly's realy got altta explaining to do, and so does Miley by the looks of it. I wonder what the next chapter will reveal? Well done!