Reviews for Run And Hide But A Face Will Still Pursue You!
yukinari chapter 18 . 11/13/2017
Good please update soon.
iloveyou1234 chapter 1 . 5/26/2017
OMGOMGOMG please don't abandon this. It is such a compelling story.
God Is Wearing Black chapter 18 . 6/14/2016
I don't think I understand. If she was a castrato then she was at LEAST born a boy (or having the stuff you need removed for a castration)
So was she a herm? You specifically said she wasn't. And I mean she's got the 'two circles' as you'd say. I'm very confused. A castrato is an operation for young male singers. You can't castrate a girl. UUGGHHH please explain if you can.
x-men are awesome chapter 18 . 5/2/2016
So... It's been just over three years. any plans to update soon?
Malibu2011 chapter 18 . 4/30/2016
I love this story deeply. It is honestly so saddening to know that it was been years since an update and I fear this story will never be finished. It would be such a shame, I was just getting into it. I sincerely hope that you find it in your motivation to finish what you've started so beautifully!
Ella chapter 18 . 1/21/2016
Please tell me you are going to finish this!
Sadie H chapter 18 . 4/3/2015
I just saw the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, and now I am completely in love with your story. You have developed your characters so well, and put a a great spin on the Phantom (sorry, Eric). I was not prepared for the castrato thing, but it is pure genius. I am so excited to read more of this story, and I realize that life happens, but please never abandon this story. I am so excited for the ball!
CourtesanLenore chapter 18 . 3/11/2015
Just so you know, I am quite possibly the biggest lurker on this website. ...I used to write horrible one-shots back in the day, but over the years my passion has been less about myself writing and more about finding others' stories to fall in love with reading. More often than not, when a fic is unfinished, I simply bookmark it to the depths of my chrome folders; a banishment that translates into "soon I will be forgotten and never hope to be clicked on again."
Due to my unbridled impatience, I have almost completely limited my readings to fics that have already been completed or are updated very regularly. Until I found this one.

I just wanted to reach out and tell you that YOU and YOUR WORDS have forced me out of my hermit hole of web seclusion and have motivated me to let you know how absolutely phenomenal I think this story is. Let me tell you, it is quite an impressive feat to motivate me; I wish I knew how to do so myself.

This story is so spot on. From the character design to the detailed descriptions to the pace and plot, I can't put into words how much I sincerely enjoyed the first 18 chapters. Danielle is such a strong woman and I've even found myself holding my own breath with her at times in the story. The boys are fantastic; every snippet with them is so entertaining. This whole story's premise is such a fresh, unique one and it unfolds so organically and wonderfully. To be honest, I've always been very against E/OC, but you have completely changed my mind and have convinced me that an OC can tell just as much of a ravishingly beautiful story as cannon parings. (In your case it honestly goes BEYOND many stellar E/C's I've read.)
I understand that you have a very busy life outside of the keyboard, but if my message can inspire you in any way, shape, or form, to get back to this project, it's 100% worth me posting. I hope to re-affirm that even two years later there are people out here who are craving your words and are absolutely hanging onto every chapter. Each one tops the last in both quality and emotion. I (along with MANY others) eagerly anticipate the day when a new chapter springs forward. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. ;)

Thank you for giving me something to look forward to!
-Court
Elven Silver Power Ranger chapter 18 . 2/24/2014
she must have a pretty hard past to have to work up all these lies to cover the truth up.
Changeling with a Pen chapter 18 . 12/24/2013
If I give you great cover art you give me more chapters soon?
TatteredRibbons chapter 18 . 8/10/2013
HI. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS :o WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? Desperate child here, living off your updates :((
phoebe.mayllenvillalba chapter 18 . 6/23/2013
I have reread this over six times, I'm practically dying with anticipation for the next chapter! Don't give up darling pleeeease.
Active Ingredient chapter 17 . 5/9/2013
Pllllllleeeeeeeeease don't give up on this story! I just reread the whole thing, it's sooooo awesome! I love the premise, I love the humor, the sexy Eric, the pacing, the main ACTUAL PERSONALITY character, Eric's constant sexyness, the finesse with which you write conversation, the way I can actually follow the action, the perfect balance of lies and truth, the hot romance of the phantom that better come to fruition *cough* soon, the inevitable payoff, and the awkwardness... I CANT WAIT FOR MORE! this is Mulan meets Phantom with your own funny twist and I like it MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE! Please please don't quit this story...please.
I'm a huge fan, and I can't wait for the next chapter, the next 10, the next 100. I promise, it's worth your time. honestly, rereading I've noticed so many subtleties in your writing change, especially with the action-in the beginning you tended to over explain action or i couldn't follow characters movements...now, I perfectly see what is going on. I know sometimes it can be hard to find the motivation to move forward with fics, but if thinking of me desperately waiting for an update doesn't work, think of how much this story is helping you improve your writing skills.
I'm not even going to reread this rant, I'm so tired from staying up to finish rereading, so sorry for the crazy. Just know that there is NO story like this, there is NO author like you, and I can NOT wait for more.
Seriously.
So perfect.
Please
write
way
way
soon.
SpikeFan4Life95 chapter 18 . 4/24/2013
Love love love this fic. Very interesting main character and this is just lovely and well written and I look forward to your next update. I toootally get real life or lack of a muse getting in the way of writing it sucks. I'm sure your next chapter will be amazing like the rest of this was. :)
CatOrWall chapter 18 . 4/11/2013
Oh, the trouble we'll run into... Erik will now be EXTREMELY confused, since he's mildly attracted to... a boy? Ummmm. Not to mention he'll be super pissed when he finds out she lied TWICE.

I have to admit though, I wasn't expecting her defense. I was thinking it would be some sort of hormonal imbalance disease. But it's a sadder story if 'Daniel's' dad caused it.

I wonder if Blake knows about her. I mean, he picks up on SO much, and he's been around her the longest. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew and just never said anything.

So many things to look forward to... The Masquerade. It's gonna be awful dangerous to go as a girl... a certain phantom is bound to be around somewhere, and may well recognize her.

At some point I imagine you'll tell us how she ended up being sold into labor as a boy; I'm thinking at this point that her dad is an asshole. (Rough quote, not verbatim:) 'The boys were the only family she ever had that counted'. So she had one, but they didn't count.

Speaking of the boys, hopefully they'll be a little more careful about their jokes in the future.

I'm looking forward to seeing the way Erik and Danielle's relationship develops. I'm sure it will be absolutely fascinating; it already is actually. Especially with all those confusing and annoying hormones running around.

I think I've said this before, but in case I'm wrong: If you haven't, I suggest you find and read Bloody Jack. There are so many similarities between Jackie and Danielle... both of them posing as boys because their options just look better that way, making the best of bad situations, and totally kicking all sorts of ass. You'd like Jackie Faber.