Reviews for Ma Mère
Rollingsushi chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
awww~~ it was great read~~ had the fuzzies.

and yeah the manga was pretty gay but its not the worst crap ive read haha
This One Moron chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
*Wipes ashes off his face* You fool! You cannot kill me with simple explosions! I am a Beta Reader! You can only kill me with internet slang; the most vile thing to ever exist upon this world! *Explodes by the press of your button* ...Well, I was kidding about explosions not killing me...bully.

Present tense writing! Need I say more Dancel? I hate it! ...Kidding! It's actually pretty cool to read this format of writing! Usually when I read stories, (Fan-fics and even novels) they're mainly set in the past tense. Even my stories are written in it all the time. So, it's a rather astonishing surprise to see people like you to grasp this 'special' form of writing! (...Would you call it 'special?' I do.) It strikes my fancy reading this form of literacy and I hope you can keep doing this!

Your level of detail and vivid use of adjectives boggles the mind, especially when it comes to the carriage they rode inside the entire time. "The cold glass pane," "the bluish glow of the curtains," and "In his hand was a white wrapped box, tinted orange because of the light," are just a couple of examples showing you put a lot of thought into your story about making it beautiful to the senses. I was also impressed by the fact you didn't break the 'show and tell' rules of description! You didn't make it forced, you managed to ease your words perfectly along with the pacing of the story. It never became completely overwhelming! (Like the amount of times I use exclamation marks!)

Well, this was certainly much needed relief from the generic 'Christmas' stories where some how, some way, all the Guilty Gear characters 'poof' (A term I use for 'conviently put') into one house and share gifts. Heck, I was going to do something similar to what I just pointed out before I realized it was going to be completely stereotypical of me to do so. An extremely nice contrast to what I've grown used to seeing when it comes to Christmas fan-fictions. In fact, you made one that actually had some angst overtones without it being 'I gotta go cry after reading this' sad. It still stinks that Ky's childhood was absolutely pitiful compared to ours. I personally think most people (Including me!) take thier sheltered lives for granted.

Ahem, I guess I'll stop here with the review. Well, I'll be looking forward to whatever else you're cooking up in your brain!
NeoCriMs0n chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Sugoi!

VERY NICE OneShot!

I feel sorry for Ky, though.

Losing his parents at a very young age must be SO hard for him!

Hope to see more from you, soon!

Ja ne!
GottvonHoff chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Once again, another nice one shot. Ky's mother reminds me of Guido from the movie "Life is Beautiful". In case you haven't seen it, it's set during the Holocaust, and Guido is a funny Jewish guy and a loving father who uses his sense of humor to convince his young son that the concentration camp that they are sent to was just a "big parlor game", despite the fact that their relatives are gassed off and executed (Guido made sure that his son would not see them get killed). His son and his wife survived the Holocaust, but sadly Guido didn't.

Seriously, it's very touching to see just how far parents would go in order to shield their children from the horrors of life. Bittersweet, but the story overall fits the whole 'essence' of Christmas: Family.
InsertNameHere08 chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
This is very beautiful. But it could've been better if you haven't added some:

To the paragraphs which was a bit confusing, but I still really liked the story though. :)