Reviews for The Black Sheep
Kris Pilar chapter 3 . 4/23/2010
I really enjoyed your description of the tryouts. Poor Ethan, on the backup for another year. But Fred and George are a tough pair to beat.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Kris Pilar chapter 2 . 12/18/2009
Still really enjoying this. Poor Ethan had his pyramid ruined, heh. And I loved Mike's "pepto-bis-a-ma-thing-un". That's a mouthful.
JJ Rust chapter 2 . 12/18/2009
Another winner. I am digging Ethan. In two chapters you have created a very well-rounded character. His self-doubt about his Quidditch abilities and the fact he had no clue what he wants to do with his life makes him a very realistic and relatable character. His interaction with Katie was great. You've seemlessly blended this OC into the HP Universe.

I loved the bit with Katie's father kicking him out of her room. "I'll accio your head to my hand." Classic! Had me laughing. The buffalo wings pyramid - and Katie's destruction of it - was funny, too. I also like how you have him not a fan of Harry. It'll be interesting to see if that changes as the story goes on.

Keep up the great work. I'm thoroughly enjoying this story.
JJ Rust chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Really good opening chapter. Excellent job in giving all your characters distinct personalities. Some pretty funny stuff, too, like Katie trying to refashion Ethan's owl. I also like the dynamic you have between Ethan's little sisters. Lethy the more creative one and Jessica the more blunt one. Robert the account the mugglest Muggle of all. Great line.

I am looking forward to reading more. Keep up the good work.
Kris Pilar chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Lethia is such an adorable little girl, and Robert's fear of owls is just so funny, especially when he nearly took off just from hearing Santa hoot.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
20 | « Prev Page 1 2