Reviews for Belly Up in the Desert
ladypuercoloco chapter 11 . 8/25/2012
I've been reading for a while, what else can one do when one's favorite show is done and was soooo poorly endeed...but I've been reluctant to post reviews. I couldn't help myself on this one...especially after you added your last footnote. I told my husband while reading this that the author must be from Albuquerque - the position you described for Mary's accident is so perfect; I had to laugh retellling to him as it is almost exactly where I high centered my Nissan Sentra when I was in high school and had to traipse out to 1-40 in a white skirt and high heels, in rain and was blessed to have a very nice husband/wife trucking team give me a ride back to a friend's house.

Wonderfully well written, as are all of yours that I have read. Just want to thank you for helping keep the M&M romance alive!
person chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
interesting is what i say, success is what i smell. pure gold is i say
Athena64 chapter 11 . 9/2/2011
Very nice one as always! Love your depiction of Mary's out there... thank you!
scubagurl22 chapter 11 . 7/28/2011
Great story! Very Man vs Wild, well Mary vs Wild I guess. I would have loved to see that wedding too.
Athena13 chapter 11 . 6/21/2011
That was a great plot and wonderful character development.
Husky2014 chapter 11 . 6/12/2011
I loved it! Defiantly one of the best I have read!
Johonna Marie chapter 11 . 2/27/2011
Poor Mary, she sure took a beating. But it ended well, for Mary and Marshall at least. I think Brandi might be in a bit of trouble down the road.

I loved when Mary accidentally proposed to Marshall, that was great!

Bravo.
LisaG16 chapter 11 . 1/7/2011
"Four: For God's sake, Mann…get a new belt buckle! That thing looks like a dinner plate."

ROTFLOL! Quinessential Mary!

"Marshall folded the papers and placed them carefully into his wallet. They stayed there until Mary emptied it many years and two grown children later, finding yet more tears to shed as she held the faded sheets."

Aw heck...*sniff!* Very nice!

You really capture the characters and how the actors portray them so perfectly! Bravo!
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 11 . 10/26/2010
Her letter - well done, and sad. Very good; very Mary.

I love her proposal. Of *course* it had to happen with her not paying enough attention to the conversation. If the subconscious, the heart, all says "Marshall" without thought, that's a pretty good clue...

I like how you gave us a glimpse into the far future - two grown children... *sigh*

Thank you for a lovely story, filled with adventure and drama and such heavy introspection. Well done, I say; well done.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 10 . 10/26/2010
The part where she just sat and watched the distant storm and got all chilly made me think: couldn't she have scrounged about in daylight and made a fire? It would totally be seen from a fair distance - alerting *someone* hopefully to her presence. Plus, you know, warmth at night. Possible rattlesnake repellent *shudders*

I totally forgot about the note. Oh, man...
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 9 . 10/26/2010
It's good to see Mary realizing Marshall's underlying meanings, and seeing how she just *might* actually need him far more than anyone else... *want* him in whatever sense more than any other person.

I'm assuming she doesn't have a car charger for her phone, eh...? ;~p

And the hunt is officially on!
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 8 . 10/25/2010
Oh, that had to feel good, punching Raph. And really, for the fact that he had *intended* to deceive her, apparently from the beginning of that little trist. Not only was that demeaning, but also states that he was *choosing* to do that, not that it had just *happened.*

At least Mary's getting some sort of growth out of this, even if it is just the relinquishing of her father's hold on her after all these years.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 7 . 10/25/2010
Raph is a complete idiot.

Brandi is a selfish little brat.

Marshall is... worried. But not for the right potential tragedy.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 6 . 10/25/2010
hah! Mary *does* have a dark sense of humor, does she not?

Why do I suddenly hear 'Magic Carpet Ride' and envision Mary pulling a stunt with jerry-rigging parts of the car together to get a land-sailboat going? A la 'Sahara,' of course.

Lots of introspection, and Mary desperately needs that. A bit of cleansing of the soul, finally.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 5 . 10/25/2010
Sadly, I can see every bit of these reactions to her not being wherever she was supposed to be.

Marshall - I'm glad to see he does worry enough to check on her, even if he's still pissed. That's our guy.

And Brandi? That's just tacky, girl. Throwing a pool party while your sister is out, like some teenager whose parents are gone for the weekend.