Reviews for Not For Years
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/24
Oh Dear, Dean... :'(

But yeah, I liked season 3 for the way Sam tried to make Dean happy and all... with all sadness was there.
But all the Love was there as well. The faith and trust... the grief...
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
I like this bittersweet story, of Dean's remembering Sam and the perfect day they had together before he went to Hell. Glad you did part of it from Sam's POV, made it easier - and oddly, more difficult - to understand, and to feel.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Urgh. This one hurt everything in ways I did not expect. Ugh. Ugh, Ugh. The way you framed it and Sam was trying so hard and Dean realized that it was just an act for him and then ending it like that...
caffrey girl chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
*sniff* u made me cry.. Almost.
That was a great tag to both seasons :-)
RenewedBlade chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I don't think this would be your most melancholy work, but for some strange reason it chokes me up the way even well-written death fics can't.

It's just so beautifully written, but goodness, how much it hurts. I just can't stop feeling the loss of that easy camaraderie between Sam and Dean, the brotherly friendship, the being family and being together. Thank you for sharing this.

R.B.
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Word for today is melancholy - that one made my eyes prickle with tears and my heart break for Sam. Ugh. I may have to go in again today. And hey, I'm up to December!

Phoebe
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
It's really amazing that they can still function at all and have some fun times and enjoy each other company. That's what family does when life gets that hard, tries to survive and to bring joy to the others. Maybe Dean was really tired and feeling alone and betrayed, but so was Sam and Castiel knew that deep inside Dean was wanting to share his laugh with his brother. I think you wrote a insightful story, with a delicate balance between what we want and what is possible to have. I just loved it.

Once again, I love and admire your fairness on both sides. Thanks.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Damn. So great. Just so great.
donilou2 chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
You write emotions for these guys so well Hanna. I wish we could see more scenes like this on the show.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Fantastic story, my friend, I loved every word of it. Plus is eased the sting of what Dean had said after he was with Cas in the whore house. There's no way he could have had more fun with Cas than Sam.

Just no way!

Love, Robin
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
I really enjoyed this story. I thought that the flashback to season three was well placed, in conjunction to that scene from the fifth season. I thought it was done quite well.

Great job!
supernaturalbuffy chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
I agree. Doing something like that shows how much you truly love someone. Nice little story. It adds a whole different level to that scene with Cas and Dean and gives it so much more depth.

I like that you had Dean being really sceptical at first of Sam's new 'attitude' but not willing to 'look a gift Sam in the mouth'. *grin* Very nice.
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Oh god... this was a beautiful, bittersweet story, perfectly written!

I'm pretty sad now (sniffle), because even you didn't write a very hopeful ending this time... but you're right. At the moment their relationship really is strained and they're trying to convince each other and themselves that they're better of on their own. But it was good to read Dean's memory about a happier/better time together with Sam even though the reason behind this memory was all but a happy one. I loved those lines:

He could do that for a brother who’d sold his soul for him. Probably.

Dean felt something hard and tight that he’d started to take for granted after all this time, dissolve a little. Yeah, this so wasn’t his burdened, hurting little brother of the past months—years. And Dean absolutely, totally wasn’t going to look a gift Sam in the mouth.

Dean’s forehead had that little line now that said he was worried about something, the line that had been missing all day. Sam was doing something wrong then. He lifted his hand to smooth the crease away...

“Nothing,” he insisted. “It’s a good day. Not making this harder, I swear, Dean.”

Dean’s expression was doing things Sam couldn’t read anymore, but at least the groove had faded some. Although, he looked…sad. And that wasn’t better.

and everything from:

Dean was looking at him. to: “I know,” he said quietly there, his hand curving around the back of Sam’s neck. “I know, Sammy.”

was so good that I don't have any words for it, but it made me sad and happy and fuzzy inside all at the same time...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful stories with us!

Take care, D.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
It was hard to hear Dean say some of things he did during this episode. And I’m pleased that you picked up the laughing reference, I’m not sure why but I found that line especially painful. It seemed that on the surface Dean was trying to convince himself that the separation was right but after everything they’ve been through they really haven’t have all much to laugh about in the last few years. I guess that truth is painful sometimes.

Also I think that it’s difficult to express these sorts of emotions on screen, the conflict is happening internally for Dean and that’s something which the show can’t portray, leaving talented writers like yourself to fill in the gaps.

Sam’s sacrifice for his brother here was touching. Proving that it’s not all about giving your life for your brother, but other wants and needs, trying to ease the pain and follow his brother’s wishes. And of course, being the older brother, Dean can’t help but reciprocate. It just seems that sometimes whatever they touch blows up in their faces!

But as they say it’s the thought that counts and I’m pleased that you gave that to Dean.

As shameful as it is I downloaded and watched the first 5 eps of season 5 as I have no idea when we’re getting it over here in the UK! It was hard to see the boys so at odds with each other, so out of synch and then to separate. But in my eyes the writers are doing a great job, you can’t just fix what has been broken with a click of your fingers. Wonderful yet painful read, you always have a knack of slipping your fics into the show, with believable and in-character tags. Take care, Abbi
Landwing chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Unfortunately, this story rings all too true. Something can be side-splittingly hilarious all by itself, but if you don't have someone who appreciates it with you to share it, the funny thing loses a lot of its laugh value. And yeah, I know they had colossal trust issues to manage and Sam's version of AA to deal with, but it seemed like they were both trying to convince themselves that they could manage better apart. And each time something happened, it seemed like they were being reminded how badly they did apart. And for all that Dean was laughing pretty hard outside the club, it really seemed like once he tried to tell Cas how funny the episode was that he wanted Sam there to listen to it. Dean seemed to want someone who would just know why he found it so funny. Explaining why you find something hilarious often takes a lot of the hilarity away. It's so much easier to tell a funny story to my brothers, who know my perspective and understand why I found the story funny in the first place. And it seemed like that's what Dean really wanted, even if he said otherwise. Hmm. Probably one of my more haphazard reviews. Sorry. Still, the story struck home really well. Well done.